Position Tracker without Broker Connection

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Joerg

Position Tracker without Broker Connection

Postby Joerg » 02 Aug 2011

Dear Sirs,

I do not autotrade with MC but have strategies running on it in realtime.

How can I see the orders and executions (which are generated in the charts) of these strategies in Position Tracker when I am not connected to a broker?

Thanks a lot.

Joerg

Stan Bokov

Re: Position Tracker without Broker Connection

Postby Stan Bokov » 03 Aug 2011

Thank you for your suggestion. Currently you cannot see them, as the OPT picks up only trades with an active broker connection. We may implement a 'simulated broker' that you would turn on and which would sim your trades. Then the information would be visible in the OPT.
These users thanked the author Stan Bokov for the post (total 2):
Fu510nfurytrader

Fu510n

Re: Position Tracker without Broker Connection

Postby Fu510n » 18 Aug 2011

Stan Bokov wrote:Thank you for your suggestion. Currently you cannot see them, as the OPT picks up only trades with an active broker connection. We may implement a 'simulated broker' that you would turn on and which would sim your trades. Then the information would be visible in the OPT.

I anxiously await such a "simulated broker" (especially having seen you mention it here and on a recent BMT webinar). This would fully close the loop on my strategy testing capabilities and give me more confidence to actually "flip live" (which is to say, I will finally abandon NT even though I've already bought into using MC7 going forward).

PLEASE keep us posted! :)

Many thanks,
-Guy
These users thanked the author Fu510n for the post:
JoshM

Return to “MultiCharts”