Open Office

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
waveslider
Posts: 197
Joined: 16 Oct 2011
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Open Office

Postby waveslider » 25 Oct 2011

I do not use microsoft excel,
is there a way to export strategy performance to Open Office? Or just save the file as an excel file without opening microsoft (open office reads excel files).

thanks

User avatar
Henry MultiСharts
Posts: 8394
Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 1201 times
Been thanked: 2682 times

Re: Open Office

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 26 Oct 2011

Hello Sir.
Unfortunately that is not possible.
You need to have Microsoft Office package installed on your PC to export the data into Excel.

User avatar
furytrader
Posts: 353
Joined: 30 Jul 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Has thanked: 155 times
Been thanked: 215 times

Re: Open Office

Postby furytrader » 27 Oct 2011

I have the following recommendations for the Performance Report:

1) Be able to copy text directly from the report by selecting the text in question, and then doing a standard "copy and paste" operation into another application;

2) Be able to save each page separately instead of having to write the entire report to a single file;

3) Be able to save a performance summary (not the same as the full report, but including much of the quantitative data but not the charts) to a .csv file.

waveslider
Posts: 197
Joined: 16 Oct 2011
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Open Office

Postby waveslider » 27 Oct 2011

Agree that the performance reporting could use some work - -

Ability to cut/paste.
Ability to chart optimization columns
More export options.

User avatar
Henry MultiСharts
Posts: 8394
Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 1201 times
Been thanked: 2682 times

Re: Open Office

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Oct 2011

furytrader wrote:I have the following recommendations for the Performance Report:

1) Be able to copy text directly from the report by selecting the text in question, and then doing a standard "copy and paste" operation into another application;

2) Be able to save each page separately instead of having to write the entire report to a single file;

3) Be able to save a performance summary (not the same as the full report, but including much of the quantitative data but not the charts) to a .csv file.

waveslider wrote:Agree that the performance reporting could use some work - -

Ability to cut/paste.
Ability to chart optimization columns
More export options.


Please submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

User avatar
furytrader
Posts: 353
Joined: 30 Jul 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Has thanked: 155 times
Been thanked: 215 times

Re: Open Office

Postby furytrader » 27 Oct 2011

These users thanked the author furytrader for the post:
JoshM

tc12345
Posts: 12
Joined: 01 Nov 2010
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Open Office

Postby tc12345 » 27 Oct 2011

Up voted.

User avatar
furytrader
Posts: 353
Joined: 30 Jul 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Has thanked: 155 times
Been thanked: 215 times

Re: Open Office

Postby furytrader » 05 Nov 2011

One quick addendum: I purchased a new computer a few weeks ago, and I shied from spending an extra $200-$300 for MS Office, not only due to the cost but also because of the uncertainty of whether the new program structure would work with MultiCharts, since some versions of Office 2010 do not come with separate .exe application files (like Excel.exe).

A cheap solution to this dilemma was to buy an unopened copy of Office 2003 (with legal, unused Microsoft product key) off of eBay for $35.

I just installed it on my Windows 7, 64 bit machine and it works like a champ.

User avatar
TJ
Posts: 6523
Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Location: Global Citizen
Has thanked: 957 times
Been thanked: 1883 times

Re: Open Office

Postby TJ » 05 Nov 2011

furytrader wrote:One quick addendum: I purchased a new computer a few weeks ago, and I shied from spending an extra $200-$300 for MS Office, not only due to the cost but also because of the uncertainty of whether the new program structure would work with MultiCharts, since some versions of Office 2010 do not come with separate .exe application files (like Excel.exe).

A cheap solution to this dilemma was to buy an unopened copy of Office 2003 (with legal, unused Microsoft product key) off of eBay for $35.

I just installed it on my Windows 7, 64 bit machine and it works like a champ.

many of those from eBay are phony copies. ;-)>
they look real, unopened, with barcode and laser hologram, etc.,
they work, but it does not mean they are legitimate.


Return to “MultiCharts”