Chart TimeScale not Linear after lastbar. projections wrong

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Flatstrap

Chart TimeScale not Linear after lastbar. projections wrong

Postby Flatstrap » 13 Jul 2015

Hi all,
Just wondering if there is a way to make the future (after the lastbar on the chart) linear to reflect the true time scale.
I have written a program to project a future point in time however MC is displaying the line visually too far out, programmatically the line is perfect on the time line.
With regard to the attachment -
The dark blue line is the projection, it's being drawn on the 17 Aug 2016 which is correct. How ever it looks far further than it should, it should "look" like it's where the vertical white 100% line is which is 100% of the distance between the yellow and red vertical lines.

I double checked this by drawing a trend line (yellow dashed horizontals), 365 days from 2014 - 2015. I then "cloned" that line and copied it to start at 2015 and it doesn't reach 2016.
If you look carefully at the timescale it goes from displaying several odd months through the year in the past to projecting every month in the future, which extends the future timeline making it non linear.

FYI - I have right clicked on the time scale and tried resetting it but it makes no difference.

Thanks in Advance
Flatstrap
Attachments
NonLinearTimeScale.JPG
(145.63 KiB) Downloaded 868 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Chart TimeScale not Linear after lastbar. projections w

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 16 Jul 2015

Hello Flatstrap,

In order to study this case please send us the following information to support@multicharts.com:
- workspace you are using;
- in QuoteManager select the symbol you are using, make a right click on it->Export data->Export instrument. Send us the Qmd export file for analysis;
- in PowerLanguage editor->File->Export->export with dependent functions the studies you are using in the workspaces you are providing. Send us the study export file.

Flatstrap

Re: Chart TimeScale not Linear after lastbar. projections w

Postby Flatstrap » 18 Jul 2015

Thanks Henry, email sent.

Regards
Flatstrap

Return to “MultiCharts”