Oanda data feed disconnecting prematurely

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
DanielFXS

Oanda data feed disconnecting prematurely

Postby DanielFXS » 22 Mar 2023

Hi,
Is anyone else experiencing the connection to Oanda disconnecting multiple times per week? The access token should last for 8 days, but I find myself having to try reconnect over and over during the week. Which can be annoying as I might not notice the disconnection for hours, then I have reload the data as their will be gaps and then restart my algo's. It would be great if multicharts used the oanda Api token for authentication.
Thanks

rrams

Re: Oanda data feed disconnecting prematurely

Postby rrams » 22 Mar 2023

Yes, Oanda is now unusable for me. Relying on Microsoft Edge was a complete disaster. Whereas using the API token is seamless, reliable and secure.

Kate MultiCharts

Re: Oanda data feed disconnecting prematurely

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 24 Mar 2023

Dear users,

In the OANDA settings in MultiCharts there’s an option to select the day and time to show the authorization window to obtain a new token for Oanda re-authorization.

If you encounter connection issues, please send us reports for our engineers to check.
Main MultiCharts window -> Help -> Feedback.
In the Feedback window please specify the time when the issue occurred and select the following options:
Attach a screenshot; (make sure the PC time and the issue is visible)
Attach log files…;
Include Backup of Logs from previous sessions; (if MultiCharts was restarted after the disconnect occurred)
Upload collected data to Help Desk;
uncheck other options and click Send.

Return to “MultiCharts”