Help compiling indicators?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

Help compiling indicators?

Postby Guest » 25 Mar 2006

Can someone help with compiling indicators. I have an .els file but it compiles and all the files are in PL Editor directories but the indicators do not work.

Alf

Chris

Postby Chris » 26 Mar 2006

Alf,

just to make it clear - your *.els file is not source-protected and you have imported the file through the Editor and compiled every file on import?

Can you insert it to a chart? What sort of indicator do you have, it might be that a reserved word is not supported by MC, yet.

Chris

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 27 Mar 2006

If you have ver. 440.72, there's a general problem with compliling and applying studies.

Otherwise, can you even see the study in the Insert Study dialog list?
(Chris, if there are any unsupported reserved words, it will produce a message on compilation).

Chris

Postby Chris » 27 Mar 2006

(Chris, if there are any unsupported reserved words, it will produce a message on compilation).
Correct me if I am wrong, but the reserved word "aiHighestDispValue" for example is still not avaliable in MC i.e. it's not working properly, but the compiler will give you no error message during compilation. The result is, you have a compiled study showing you nothing. I was asking to determine that.

Thank you,

Chris

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 27 Mar 2006

You are right. aiHighestDispValue is avaliable in MC - compilation will be successfull, but GetAppInfo(aiHighestDispValue) will return an incorrect value.

Return to “MultiCharts”