Is the demo code functional? and other ?'s

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
rodsaunders

Is the demo code functional? and other ?'s

Postby rodsaunders » 27 Dec 2006

I downloaded the 30 day trial code (beta, because I need that for the 3rd party add-on I am interested in).

I setup quote manager for Free quotes, just to get some data, but I got nothing.

I tried to import a small ascii of daily data (date,OHLC,V) and it populated OK in the importer, but gave me a 'time interval' error. I had it set to Day and the import tool had the right begin and end dates even though I could not change them.

I'm getting frustrated, there is nothing intuitive about this platform and once you fish it out it doesn't seem to work. I am assuming that it must be the Eval Code or you would not have any users.

Is this the same MultiCharts I used mid 90s?

I already have a real time data feed with MyTrack and pay the Exchange fees. Is there any way to not pay them again?

Who do you all use for data? eSignal is steep for just the feed and the Chat Guy panned all the names I didn't recognize as unreliable.

What's with bagging support at 2pm?

I would really like for this to work ....

Kate

Postby Kate » 29 Dec 2006

For our customers and forum guests,
Mr. Saunders contacted us and showed his problems via Helpdesk. And now I’d like to comment on his questions.
I setup quote manager for Free quotes, just to get some data, but I got nothing.
Two of the four demo charts were not updated since December 22, but reloading data helped in this case.
Who do you all use for data? eSignal is steep for just the feed and the Chat Guy panned all the names I didn't recognize as unreliable.
We just told Mr. Saunders that free data feeds work unreliably but we are not in a position to pan or praise the supported data providers. You asked us to recommend you the most reliable ones and we recommend eSignal as one of them. To recommend FreeQuotes as a reliable data feed would have been unfair.
I tried to import a small ascii of daily data (date,OHLC,V) and it populated OK in the importer, but gave me a 'time interval' error. I had it set to Day and the import tool had the right begin and end dates even though I could not change them.
Mr. Saunders showed us two ascii files, the file headers of which were incorrect and misled the program.

None of the platforms can be completely intuitive in what concerns ascii importing as there exist thousands of ascii file formats. Before implementing ascii importing we analyzed dozens of thousands ascii formats to make MultiCharts as intuitive as possible.
Is this the same MultiCharts I used mid 90s?
In the mid 90-s our product didn't exist at all, perhaps, Mr. Saunders took it for another platform.
I already have a real time data feed with MyTrack and pay the Exchange fees. Is there any way to not pay them again?
MyTrack doesn’t provide data in DDE format, so it is impossible import it in MultiCharts.
What's with bagging support at 2pm?
Our support line is open till 2 pm EST because of the difference in time. 2 pm EST is 10 pm our time and so far we cannot support our users 24 hours.

Return to “MultiCharts”