Easy Language Editor

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
widgetman

Easy Language Editor

Postby widgetman » 19 May 2006

Is anyone else having issues with the Power Language Editor shutting down by itself ? I have seen this many times in the latest version running on Windows XP or Win 2K. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
:D

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 20 May 2006

Dear Widgetman,

This problem has been fixed, please download and install the most recent version:

http://tssupport.com/products/multichar ... charts.exe

Let me know how it works.

Postby Guest » 21 May 2006

What is the latest version number ?

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 22 May 2006

Currently the version from that link must be 1.90.465.865, this link is from time to time updated with newer versions without separate announcements.

Postby Guest » 22 May 2006

Hi Alex,

Can we now update versions directly on top of each other? This was mentioned some time ago-but I think there was a problem back then?

If so,will all settings and data be saved?

Thanks

Alex Kramer

It has been known for a while that istalling the new version on top of older may (not definitely will, but may) cause problems, especially with indicators and add-ons.
If you have no custom indicators that you need to back up, we recommentd, if possible, to uninstall properly.

Use the Control Panel->Add/Remove programs to uninstall the existing version. Do not remove the database.

Postby Guest » 22 May 2006

Thanks for the update Alex,will try the newer version.

Alex Kramer

Link may not b updated yet

Sorry for not checking out beforehand, but please use

http://www.topstep.com/MultiCharts.468.865.exe

the link in the posts above may not be updated yet.

Postby Guest » 24 May 2006

What is the procedure to back up and restore to the new installation indicators addons etc? If there is the slightest risk of problems I would rather 'do it by the book'.

Alex Kramer wrote:It has been known for a while that istalling the new version on top of older may (not definitely will, but may) cause problems, especially with indicators and add-ons.
If you have no custom indicators that you need to back up, we recommentd, if possible, to uninstall properly.

Use the Control Panel->Add/Remove programs to uninstall the existing version. Do not remove the database.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 24 May 2006

Anonymous wrote:What is the procedure to back up and restore to the new installation indicators addons etc? If there is the slightest risk of problems I would rather 'do it by the book'.

The studies and add-ons that have been compiled and added to MultiCharts are stored in \Program Files\TS Support\PLEditor

in files named graph.bin and graph_backup.xml

So when reinstalling, you can copy those files to a safe place for backup and then back to that folder, overwriting the existing ones.

Postby Guest » 25 May 2006

Ahh OK....where is the source code for the indicators. Do I need to copy them from somewhere or is it best to export them? I guess I should export them somewhere for backup anyway.

Thanks.

Alex Kramer wrote:
Anonymous wrote:What is the procedure to back up and restore to the new installation indicators addons etc? If there is the slightest risk of problems I would rather 'do it by the book'.

The studies and add-ons that have been compiled and added to MultiCharts are stored in \Program Files\TS Support\PLEditor

in files named graph.bin and graph_backup.xml

So when reinstalling, you can copy those files to a safe place for backup and then back to that folder, overwriting the existing ones.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 25 May 2006

The source code is stored in graph_backup.xm, the binary versions in graph.bin.
Well, you can just copy those files for backup - or you can export just the selected indicators in .SEF or .XML format.

Return to “MultiCharts”