in the Live chat I've talked to Roman and Katrin. Regarding this the export of settings and data (Future ES) was exported and sent. It was very helpful as always in the Live-Chat but no real solution for now. I'd like to explain it:
- Dataprovider IB (Real-Account), ES-Future
- Live collected data is back until dec 2009 as far as I remember
- Backfill before that data is until ESZ8 (Expiration Dec. 19th 2008)
- Rollover Condition: 6 Trading days Prior to Expiration Date
- Symbol code: !ES_106C0^HMUZ
- For the session template I had 'Use Symbol Dictionary Sessions' showing me time like 8:30 - 15:15. Today I changed this to 0 - 23:59 because this was likely to create a second daily candle for the current day at 3pm everyday.
- Historical data until 1970 for ES (M1/M5/M15/M30/M60/D1) was imported into ESZ8
At program start the state of the checkbox "Download missing historical data" is determining whether the chart with my custom future for ES is loading entirely or not.
In case the checkbox is checked chart data (Daily Candles) will be loaded until 11th of Sept.2009 but the contracts are going until 2008 as mentioned above. Each single contract until that date can be loadad into a chart but not together within the custom future. So the historical data don't come into play. Either way, at least the available contracts should be loaded, instead MC is never changing the information 'Backfilling ...' in the status line of the chart.
Having the named checkbox unchecked MC will load all existing data until 1970 as it should be. The same applies when using a PaperAccount from IB but independent from check state. For me it seems like MC is not able to get data through this Paperaccount-Datafeed (ES is not updating on the chart) hence MC is not running into this particular workflow of checking and loading likely missing data.
It looks like that PlotPaintBar is not processing the entire chart (on Aug/9/2012 the first processed Daily Candle is 2nd of March 1989).