Backtesting results in dollars

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
designer01
Posts: 80
Joined: 02 Feb 2010

Backtesting results in dollars

Postby designer01 » 26 Jan 2013

When I backtest Forex pairs like AUDJPY is giving me the performance reports in yen. How do I change the MC settings so I get the results in Dollars?
Thanks in advance

User avatar
Henry MultiСharts
Posts: 8504
Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 1213 times
Been thanked: 2732 times

Re: Backtesting results in dollars

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 28 Jan 2013

Hello designer01,

You can show the performance report values using a different currency by changing the big point value in the QuoteManager (go to File->New->QuoteManager->make a right click on the symbol you need->Edit symbol->Settings tab->Set the big point value you need).
You can also set it in the report itself (View->Performance report->Settings->Display->Curency->Regional currency).

Please keep in mind that in the big point value field you can input only two digits after the decimal.

User avatar
swz168
Posts: 120
Joined: 30 Sep 2010
Location: Germany
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Backtesting results in dollars

Postby swz168 » 29 Jan 2013

designer01 wrote:When I backtest Forex pairs like AUDJPY is giving me the performance reports in yen. How do I change the MC settings so I get the results in Dollars?
Thanks in advance


You should vote for allowing more than two digits in BPV: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... _no=MC-314

And vote for this: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... _no=MC-349
It's a pity that a great product like MC still doesn't support realistic multicurrency reports.

User avatar
JoshM
Posts: 2089
Joined: 20 May 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Has thanked: 1525 times
Been thanked: 1485 times
Contact:

Re: Backtesting results in dollars

Postby JoshM » 01 Feb 2013

swz168 wrote:And vote for this: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... _no=MC-349
It's a pity that a great product like MC still doesn't support realistic multicurrency reports.

I just read the MultiCharts 8.5 Beta 2 thread, and saw that you Swz168 raised this topic one, two, three times. As far as I can tell, you didn't get a response on any of these, right?

That would be a pity, even more because requests about discretionary tools were gladly accepted in that thread. That makes me wonder if this feature will ever get implemented. Can we get an update on this? :)
These users thanked the author JoshM for the post:
swz168

User avatar
swz168
Posts: 120
Joined: 30 Sep 2010
Location: Germany
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Backtesting results in dollars

Postby swz168 » 01 Feb 2013

JoshM wrote:I just read the MultiCharts 8.5 Beta 2 thread, and saw that you Swz168 raised this topic one, two, three times. As far as I can tell, you didn't get a response on any of these, right?

That would be a pity, even more because requests about discretionary tools were gladly accepted in that thread. That makes me wonder if this feature will ever get implemented. Can we get an update on this? :)


Unfortunately, I didn't get any reply. That is not typical for MC support, because normally I get a very fast response. I still have the hope that we'll be surprised with MC 9.0

User avatar
Dave Masalov
Posts: 1712
Joined: 16 Apr 2010
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 485 times

Re: Backtesting results in dollars

Postby Dave Masalov » 01 Feb 2013

Hello all,

Full multicurrency support is planned to be implemented after we release a version with portfolio trading feature. It will be the next step. Most likely it will be done in MC 9.0 which is planned to be released in the first half of 2013.
These users thanked the author Dave Masalov for the post (total 3):
swz168JoshMHenry MultiСharts

User avatar
swz168
Posts: 120
Joined: 30 Sep 2010
Location: Germany
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Backtesting results in dollars

Postby swz168 » 01 Feb 2013

Dave Masalov wrote:Hello all,

Full multicurrency support is planned to be implemented after we release a version with portfolio trading feature. It will be the next step. Most likely it will be done in MC 9.0 which is planned to be released in the first half of 2013.


Thanks Dave, that is great news!


Return to “MultiCharts”