Current Real Time Price

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
widgetman

Current Real Time Price

Postby widgetman » 19 Aug 2006

Hi,
I am trying to get the question answered I asked earlier in the week about using the InsideBid or InsideAsk command in EL. In the PL Editor version 1.0 I was able to use this method, and my scripts would compile and work just fine. This new beta however seems to give me a compile error now. Is there another to get the RT current price of a symbol and store it to a local variable ? Can the InsideBid and InsideAsk be supported again ? I think this will be important for those of us developing strategies who want to run stops. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks

widgetman

Hi,
I forgot to mention that I also tried to use the Market command from EL in TS8. It too gives a compile error. Listed below is the sample code from TS8 when you build a new strategy. This works in TS8, but does not in the PL editor.
-Thanks

Buy ( "Entry Name" ) next bar at market ;

widgetman

Hi,
The following lines of code taken from TS8 seem to crash the current beta version editor which was released on Aug 11th. I thought someone would like to address this and see if it can be resolved.
-Thanks

buy ("OrderName")this bar at CurrentAsk ;

This also crashes it

buy ("OrderName")this bar at InsideAsk;

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 19 Aug 2006

As to the compilation problem, we are aware about it thanks to you and will fix it in the future beta release. We'll also support InsideAsk and InsideBid words. Please use Close so far.

Return to “MultiCharts”