MC is not Accurate on Chart Displays

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
widgetman

Aug 24 2006

Hi Stanley/Alex
Attached is a 5m shot of the Euro with data from IB. I have a friend who uses IB as a feed to his TS8 system somehow. When I compare the same charts over the same time period you will notice that the candle bars are totally different. We also compared a 5m chart using Esignal as a feed, and it matched the TS8 chart. My concern with using MC right now is if I overlay my custom trading system on both charts I get radically different results. Before anything else I think MC needs to make sure that when you create a chart and display the information to the end user so they see what everyone else in the world is seeing Real Time. I started noticing this in the new versions, but did not stop and try to isolate it until now. Don't get me wrong I think MC is a great product and I will continue to help you work out the bugs. All I am trying to do is point out that this could be potentially dangerous to anyone using the charts and running indicators.
Attachments
MC_5M_EURO.PNG
(53.97 KiB) Downloaded 709 times

widgetman

Aug 24 2006

Here is the 2nd chart
Attachments
TS_5M_Euro.jpg
(90.86 KiB) Downloaded 696 times

fs

Aug 24 2006

The Chart from MC is the Russell Futures and the one from TS is the Euro Futures. Of course they will be different.

- Fanus

widgetman

Aug 24 2006

Well I feel stupid. Thanks for pointing out my innogrance Fanus. I apologize for accusing MC of being wrong. Attached is a 5m euro chart from MC and yes indeed it does match. that would explain why my indicators were off. Like I said before MC is a awsome program and I will continue to do what I can to help work out the bugs until it is complete.
Attachments
MC_EURO_5M.PNG
(34.2 KiB) Downloaded 680 times

Alex Kramer

Aug 25 2006

Fanus, widgetman - thank you both, for clearing a customer's problem and for raising the point of attention to one's studies, settings and symbols.