BackFilling Charts

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
widgetman

BackFilling Charts

Postby widgetman » 28 Aug 2006

Hi,
I am trying to understand which database mode uses the data from the local machine then gets missing data from the IB server. OnDemand mode seems to load all data from IB. Online seems to get the data stored in the database, but then goes to RT and does not fill the gap between that last time I stored data and when I connected again. Offline obviously brings in data that is stored in the database. The reason I ask is it seems that the latest Beta version from 8/22 is taking a long time to load only a few charts with data from 20 days back on tick charts. Any help to understand this would be appreciated.
Thanks

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 28 Aug 2006

Please send us the log of this attempt to receive IB data from QuoteManager (right-click in the log field -> Open Log Folder, zip it and send to akramer@tssupport.com , we'll analyze the log data.

widgetman

Postby widgetman » 28 Aug 2006

Hi Alex,
I will do that when I get a chance. It seems to mostly be noticeable Sunday nites to Monday AM. Not sure why. I may roll back to 8/11 version for more stability and speed. That version seems nuch faster loading data from IB. Is a new beta due out soon, and if so will it support the latest API ?

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 28 Aug 2006

The API hasn't changed for a while already (meaning all betas have the same IB datafeed .dll) so this isn't going to change soon; the existing API should be working fine this is why I'm asking for the log.

Return to “MultiCharts”