8.7 Not working correctly with IB Futures & some currencies  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
gregcccc

8.7 Not working correctly with IB Futures & some currencies

Postby gregcccc » 15 Jul 2013

I have discovered MC 8.7 is not working correctly with Interactive Brokers. Stocks will update correctly but Futures are displaying today's data but not storing today's data. As such, I now have gaps in my chart which Multicharts will not fill. I have had the same problem with some Forex contracts.

I have tried to resolve this error by doing a completely clean install (deleting all traces of MC and starting again by adding new contracts). I have tried 3 different PC's - all have the same problem.

I have now gone back to MC 8.0 (which is stable and works as designed) as 8.5 also had problems.

Anyone else experience these problems?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: 8.7 Not working correctly with IB Futures & some currenc

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 16 Jul 2013

Hello gregcccc,

The description looks like an issue that has been already resolved. Please update to the latest build of MultiCharts 8.7 Release (7471/7472) and come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 4 pm EST if this solution didn't help and you still have the issue. We will be able to connect to your PC remotely and collect all of the required for analysis information.

gregcccc

Postby gregcccc » 16 Jul 2013

Hello gregcccc,

The description looks like an issue that has been already resolved. Please update to the latest build of MultiCharts 8.7 Release (7471/7472) and come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 4 pm EST if this solution didn't help and you still have the issue. We will be able to connect to your PC remotely and collect all of the required for analysis information.
MC8.7 STILL DOES NOT WORK CORRECTLY WITH IB. Yes I have upgraded to the latest build. I am using the 64-bit version.

Try adding the contract COILU3 yourself, for example. MC will not collect any historical data from IB for any futures contracts. Stocks are fine.

TJ

Postby TJ » 16 Jul 2013

Please have a Live Chat session with the tech support. They can sort out everything for you.

gregcccc

Re: 8.7 Not working correctly with IB Futures & some currenc  [SOLVED]

Postby gregcccc » 17 Jul 2013

Ok. After 3 hours of tech support we have a solution.

MC8.7 will not work with "Install TWS Latest" (939.2). This is now a TWS problem, not a MC8.7 problem.

If you want to get IB to work with 8.7 you need to use the following:

"Install TWS" . . . gives you 936.9g
Install the latest MC 8.7.7472

I'll be testing today but this appears to have solved the problem.

Return to “MultiCharts”