OpenTick Feed Issues

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Thomas Mann

OpenTick Feed Issues

Postby Thomas Mann » 05 Nov 2007

Hi
I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing a issue with getting data from Opentick. I have noticed that sometimes I get gaps in my chart randomly. If I request more data past the point, it still leaves the gap. If I delete the symbol from the quote manager and add it back in the issue is still there on the chart. I have to delete the symbol, delete the chart from my workspace, and re-load all of the data for how many day I want to get a correct chart. I am wondering if it has anything to do with the fact I am also using some symbols from Ib, and a lot of times I am charting data from Opentick, but I am not logged into IB so the quote manager continiously tries to log into IB. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 08 Nov 2007

Hi Thomas Mann,

Have you tried simple reload for the period which has a gap in it?

What resolution had missing data?

Could you send us a screenshot marking areas that have gaps?
Could you also archive and send us logs from Start -> Programs -> MultiCharts -> Logs?

You can e-mail them to mpashkova@tssupport.com

Regards.

Thomas Mann

Postby Thomas Mann » 08 Nov 2007

Hi Marina,
The next time I catch it I will snap a picture and show you what I mean. What happens is it will compress a long time into 1 bar and this causes a huge bar on the chart.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 09 Nov 2007

Hi Thomas Mann,

What resolution did you have on the chart where the huge bar was plotted?

Thomas Mann

Postby Thomas Mann » 15 Nov 2007

Hi Marina,
Sorry I did not get back to you sooner. I am running tick charts only when I see this 1 bar compression issue. I would like to email you a pic showing the issue if I can. Please let me know where to send it.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 15 Nov 2007

Hi,

You can send the screenshot to mpashkova@tssupport.com

We will also need the logs. Could you please go to Start -> Programs -> MultiCharts -> Logs -> tsServer and archive and e-mail the tsServer folder together with the screenshot.

Also, is this a frequent issue or something that occurred only once?

Best regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”