What compiler

Read before posting.
trader39
Posts: 92
Joined: 08 Jan 2006
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 4 times

What compiler

Postby trader39 » 07 Mar 2012

What compiler (preferably available on line and free, or for a free trial; and either C, C++, or Java) do you recommend to write MC64 dll's? I understand that Visual Studio is not compatible. What is both compatible and recommended?

User avatar
JoshM
Posts: 2089
Joined: 20 May 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Has thanked: 1525 times
Been thanked: 1485 times
Contact:

Re: Recommended compiler to write MC64 dll's?

Postby JoshM » 08 Mar 2012

Thanks for asking it Trader39, I came here to ask the same thing.

I read yesterday on BMT that Visual Studio 2010 generates DLLs that aren't compatible with MultiCharts.

If Visual Studio, the 'industry standard', doesn't work with MultiCharts, can MC Support provide a list with IDE's for various programming languages (like C++ and C#) that do work with MultiCharts?

I'm not interested in trying all the other IDE's out since I'm quite content with Visual Studio 2010.

thutch
Posts: 52
Joined: 16 Sep 2011
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: MultiCharts 64 bit resources

Postby thutch » 10 May 2012

TJ wrote:2. Plkit.dll to write 64 bit DLLs

Henry Multicharts wrote:
You need to use Plkit.dll to write 64 bit DLLs.
This dll can be found in MultiCharts folder.



Sorry TJ, I'm illiterate in these matters. What does the above actually mean, and what do I need to do?

I have spent ages setting up MC on a 64-bit system, and ELCollections is the only thing that doesn't work.

I have copied over the 64-bit ELCollections.dll, and imported the old .ELD files into the PowerLanguage window. Are these still the right set?

Am I missing anything other than the mysterious qute from Henry?

thank you

User avatar
TJ
Posts: 6584
Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Location: Global Citizen
Has thanked: 970 times
Been thanked: 1907 times

Re: MultiCharts 64 bit resources

Postby TJ » 10 May 2012

thutch wrote:
TJ wrote:2. Plkit.dll to write 64 bit DLLs
Henry Multicharts wrote:You need to use Plkit.dll to write 64 bit DLLs.
This dll can be found in MultiCharts folder.

Sorry TJ, I'm illiterate in these matters. What does the above actually mean, and what do I need to do?
I have spent ages setting up MC on a 64-bit system, and ELCollections is the only thing that doesn't work.
I have copied over the 64-bit ELCollections.dll, and imported the old .ELD files into the PowerLanguage window. Are these still the right set?
Am I missing anything other than the mysterious qute from Henry?
thank you


What Henry refers to is for writing DLL, it is not needed for ELCollections.

I have not tried ELCollections on MultiCharts64 yet. Maybe someone who has can comment.

thutch
Posts: 52
Joined: 16 Sep 2011
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: MultiCharts 64 bit resources

Postby thutch » 11 May 2012

TJ wrote:
thutch wrote:
TJ wrote:2. Plkit.dll to write 64 bit DLLs

Sorry TJ, I'm illiterate in these matters. What does the above actually mean, and what do I need to do?
I have spent ages setting up MC on a 64-bit system, and ELCollections is the only thing that doesn't work.
I have copied over the 64-bit ELCollections.dll, and imported the old .ELD files into the PowerLanguage window. Are these still the right set?
Am I missing anything other than the mysterious qute from Henry?
thank you

What Henry refers to is for writing DLL, it is not needed for ELCollections.
I have not tried ELCollections on MultiCharts64 yet. Maybe someone who has can comment.


Does anyone have good experience of ELCollections on MC8 64-bit?

What was needed to get it to work?

thutch
Posts: 52
Joined: 16 Sep 2011
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: MultiCharts 64 bit resources

Postby thutch » 14 May 2012

It does work. My mistake.

arjfca
Posts: 1273
Joined: 23 Nov 2010
Has thanked: 721 times
Been thanked: 222 times

Re: Recommended compiler to write MC64 dll's?

Postby arjfca » 04 Jan 2013

JoshM wrote:Thanks for asking it Trader39, I came here to ask the same thing.

I read yesterday on BMT that Visual Studio 2010 generates DLLs that aren't compatible with MultiCharts.

If Visual Studio, the 'industry standard', doesn't work with MultiCharts, can MC Support provide a list with IDE's for various programming languages (like C++ and C#) that do work with MultiCharts?

I'm not interested in trying all the other IDE's out since I'm quite content with Visual Studio 2010.


Hello Josh

Is this question as been resolve?
Martin

Dru
Posts: 107
Joined: 28 Aug 2007
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 171 times

Re: Recommended compiler to write MC64 dll's?

Postby Dru » 21 Jan 2013

JoshM wrote:I read yesterday on BMT that Visual Studio 2010 generates DLLs that aren't compatible with MultiCharts.

Controversial statement. What exactly went wrong?

Fu510n
Posts: 14
Joined: 05 May 2011
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Recommended compiler to write MC64 dll's?

Postby Fu510n » 02 Jan 2015

Dru wrote:
JoshM wrote:I read yesterday on BMT that Visual Studio 2010 generates DLLs that aren't compatible with MultiCharts.

Controversial statement. What exactly went wrong?

Might have been thread https://www.bigmiketrading.com/easylanguage-programming/3371-calling-external-dll-easylanguage.html?

In any case, I was able to generate both 32 and 64-bit DLLs using VS2010 a few years ago and most recently with VS2013 Community Edition that all worked fine with their respective MC versions. I was even able to create a 64-bit DLL with PureBasic a couple weeks ago with the same functionality that "just worked" with MC64.

-Guy


Return to “MultiCharts FAQ”