MULTICHARTS 12.0 RELEASE 3

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Henry MultiСharts

MULTICHARTS 12.0 RELEASE 3

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Oct 2018

MultiCharts 12.0 Release 3 build 17002 is out now!
You can check the change log in our blog.
Go to Download page

CrazyNasdaq

Re: MULTICHARTS 12.0 RELEASE 3

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 09 Oct 2018

Is there a way to change the color in a script with "RectangleNew" ?

As Setcolor or Set_Rectanglecolor ?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 09 Oct 2018

Is there a way to change the color in a script with "RectangleNew" ?
As Setcolor or Set_Rectanglecolor ?
RectangleSetColor. The documentation for the Rectangle* commands is coming soon. Basically they are similar to the existing drawing tools commands.

CrazyNasdaq

RectangleSetColor. The documentation for the Rectangle* commands is coming soon. Basically they are similar to the existing drawing tools commands.
I've tried it, but it changes only the border color and not the inner color of the rectangle.
Which are the commands to change the inner color of the rectangle ?
Thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 09 Oct 2018

I've tried it, but it changes only the border color and not the inner color of the rectangle.
Which are the commands to change the inner color of the rectangle ?
Thanks
RectangleSetFillColor

CrazyNasdaq

RectangleSetFillColor
Yes Thanks Henry !!
I've type Rectangle in the PowerLanguage and All the scripts have appeared

Thanks
Attachments
2018-10-09_19-22-49.png
(7.78 KiB) Downloaded 4417 times
Last edited by CrazyNasdaq on 10 Oct 2018, edited 1 time in total.

hughesfleming

Postby hughesfleming » 10 Oct 2018

Rectangles! Awesome! How did I miss that?

automaton

Postby automaton » 12 Oct 2018

Fast turnaround. Great job to you and MC team!

Not sure if this recent fix is the culprit:
Interactive Brokers connection improved to properly handle the “Order rejected – reason:Cannot modify the filled order” message.

But my OCO orders to IB GLOBEX no longer get instantly triggered after my initial limit entry order is filled. In all previous MC versions (12.0 R1, 12.0 R2, 11, 10) the OCO's to IB GLOBEX got triggered instantly after initial entry order. Today there was a 5-10 minute delay, and yesterday an hour delay to send the OCO. I use the same exact strategy/code on equities through IB SMART and it still works instantly and flawlessly. Not sure if it's specific to GLOBEX, but it appears that way. The IB TWS build hasn't changed, and I haven't modified any settings in MC or TWS.

Just thought i'd shoot you the FYI. Take care bud.

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 12 Oct 2018

Interactive Brokers connection improved to properly handle the “Order rejected – reason:Cannot modify the filled order” message.

But my OCO orders to IB GLOBEX no longer get instantly triggered after my initial limit entry order is filled. In all previous MC versions (12.0 R1, 12.0 R2, 11, 10) the OCO's to IB GLOBEX got triggered instantly after initial entry order. Today there was a 5-10 minute delay, and yesterday an hour delay to send the OCO. I use the same exact strategy/code on equities through IB SMART and it still works instantly and flawlessly. Not sure if it's specific to GLOBEX, but it appears that way. The IB TWS build hasn't changed, and I haven't modified any settings in MC or TWS.

Is the 5-10min delay equal to waiting for next bar, out of interest? Just wondering if the issue is with intrabar oco order generation (an issue i had in a previous version).

automaton

Postby automaton » 12 Oct 2018

Is the 5-10min delay equal to waiting for next bar, out of interest? Just wondering if the issue is with intrabar oco order generation (an issue i had in a previous version).
Nope. I run 1 second charts. Thanks for your input though.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 15 Oct 2018

Hello automaton,

Please make sure the Price Orders Emulation options are configured correctly in Format->Strategy Properties-> Auto trading tab.

If that is not the case, then for further analysis we will need some extra information to proceed:
1) Add output logic to your code running on the chart where this order delay can be replicated:

Code: Select all

if (LastBarOnChart = true)
then
begin
print("Symbol = ", symbolname, " Time = ", time_s:0:0, " Comp_time = ", datetimetostring(computerdatetime),
" bar_status1 = ", barstatus(1), " bar_status2 = ", barstatus(2), " bar_status3 = ", barstatus(3));
//add output of your order parameters/conditionals to help identifying when they should be placed
end;
You can change the code to write into a file opposed to the Output tab of the PLEditor.
You may also need to adjust the code so that the barstatus(X) is printed for all data series you have on this chart.

2) When the order delay is replicated please send us the logs using Help tab-> Feedback, specify the Broker Order ID for the orders in question, email us the output produced by the code from the item #1 above.

automaton

Postby automaton » 15 Oct 2018

Please make sure the Price Orders Emulation options are configured correctly in Format->Strategy Properties-> Auto trading tab
The emulation settings are configured properly. It actually worked today, but still took a few seconds, and MC gave me this message below. I have a feeling it might be a broker side API dilemma. I’ll monitor through this month, and send you the logs if necessary. Thanks for the guidance Henry.
Capture.PNG
(7.81 KiB) Downloaded 4150 times
Last edited by automaton on 16 Oct 2018, edited 3 times in total.

rrams

Postby rrams » 16 Oct 2018

Thank you for fixing the Portfolio Trader Forward Performance Graph so that it shows a line now in Real-time Auto Trading.

Is there a way to set the default scale of the graph to hourly or minutes instead of what looks like three days?
Attachments
perfgraf.png
(11.46 KiB) Downloaded 4173 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 16 Oct 2018

Thank you for fixing the Portfolio Trader Forward Performance Graph so that it shows a line now in Real-time Auto Trading.
Is there a way to set the default scale of the graph to hourly or minutes instead of what looks like three days?
rrams, not at the moment. This is something we are going to improve in the next major platform update.

Fu510n

Postby Fu510n » 17 Oct 2018

"Fixed the memory leak that appeared in TsServer.exe when the “Build From Minutes” option was enabled."

Not sure if this is what's been plaguing me since 12.x came out but memory usage with this latest version is INCREDIBLY lower than previous versions. I wasn't able to keep MC up for more than a day prior to this release without restarting (with 16GB RAM) so I'm hoping that this was actually the issue (though I don't recall using "Build From Minutes" anywhere; maybe they fixed another bug as well?).

Will post back in a week if things just "stay up".

-Guy

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 18 Oct 2018

Hi
is it possible to change some registry keys to be able to tighten the horizontal compression of the Chart on the time scale as it was possible to have with the previous versions? This limitation in the new MC 12 is not a good choice in my opinion and I've this need

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Oct 2018

Hi
is it possible to change some registry keys to be able to tighten the horizontal compression of the Chart on the time scale as it was possible to have with the previous versions? This limitation in the new MC 12 is not a good choice in my opinion and I've this need
CrazyNasdaq, the minimum supported Bar Spacing value is now 1/1000. By default it it 1/10 though. In order to get 1/1000 - unzip and import the attached reg file, then restart all MultiCharts processes and change the Bar Spacing for your chart.
Attachments
MC64_MinValueDenominator.zip
(360 Bytes) Downloaded 227 times

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 19 Oct 2018

MC Support: Is it possible to re-arrange the icons in Chart Trader ? (the icons below "Place Order") I noticed that in MC12 R3 you added the "Fade" icon and I'd like to move it out of my way. I use the "stop" and "Limit" icons almost exclusively. I need them in the top left corner again where they used to be.
I expected the Chart Trader icons to be "drag n drop" like most other icons are in Windows but I can't seem to move them.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Oct 2018

MC Support: Is it possible to re-arrange the icons in Chart Trader ? (the icons below "Place Order") I noticed that in MC12 R3 you added the "Fade" icon and I'd like to move it out of my way. I use the "stop" and "Limit" icons almost exclusively. I need them in the top left corner again where they used to be.
I expected the Chart Trader icons to be "drag n drop" like most other icons are in Windows but I can't seem to move them.
sptrader, Fade strategy was always there, it is not a new feature. The "Place Order" icons are automatically re-arranged when you use them. For example, if you had the "Stop" Icon last in the list and then you would use it, then it would appear at the top of your list.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 19 Oct 2018

sptrader, Fade strategy was always there, it is not a new feature. The "Place Order" icons are automatically re-arranged when you use them. For example, if you had the "Stop" Icon last in the list and then you would use it, then it would appear at the top of your list.
Thanks for the reply.
I've used the "Stop" and "Limit" icons all day today and the "Fade" icon is still at the top left corner, I haven't used it at all today, it's very annoying.
How can I remove it from the top row?
Please consider making the icons "drag N drop", I'd like to choose where they are "permanently" placed. (not auto arranged).
Imagine your desktop icons changing position based on usage and having to find the one you want in a different position every day.
Thanks,
sptrader

fibdax

Postby fibdax » 21 Oct 2018

Hi everyone . I would like to move to Multicharts 12 from multicharts 11 but I read many conflicting opinions. Given that I perform backups every week with multicharts 11, which is the best way that if I have problems I go back to multicharts 11? I have these doubts: 1) when I install multicharts 12 overwrite multicharts 11? If there is no overwriting, how can I copy workspace and data files with indicators on multicharts 12 automatically if the backups are MC11? If something goes wrong just uninstall all versions of multicharts and reinstall 11 by running the backup? Thanks to those who can help me

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 21 Oct 2018

Hi everyone . I would like to move to Multicharts 12 from multicharts 11 but I read many conflicting opinions. Given that I perform backups every week with multicharts 11, which is the best way that if I have problems I go back to multicharts 11? I have these doubts: 1) when I install multicharts 12 overwrite multicharts 11? If there is no overwriting, how can I copy workspace and data files with indicators on multicharts 12 automatically if the backups are MC11? If something goes wrong just uninstall all versions of multicharts and reinstall 11 by running the backup? Thanks to those who can help me
MC 12 will bring all studies and workspaces into MC12 automatically. (it will overwrite MC11).
If you have problems with MC12 it is easy to return to MC11. Just run the MC12 installer and it will give you the option of removing it. Then simply run the MC11 installer and everything will be back as it was.
During removal of MC12 be careful NOT to choose to delete data or studies.
Always a good idea to back up studies and workspaces before upgrading to a new MC release.
Good trading!

Jad

Postby Jad » 22 Oct 2018

Over the weekend, GAIN Capital changed their symbology to use two digit years. I notice that Gain Capital is no longer an option in the Data Source list under Tools\Symbol Dictionary in Quote Manager and there is a "No Security Definition has been found" message for any Gain Capital symbols.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 Oct 2018

Over the weekend, GAIN Capital changed their symbology to use two digit years. I notice that Gain Capital is no longer an option in the Data Source list under Tools\Symbol Dictionary in Quote Manager and there is a "No Security Definition has been found" message for any Gain Capital symbols.
Jad, the changes are applicable to OEC Trader platform only. 3rd party apps are not affected and require no changes.
Gain Capital was never an option in the Symbol Dictionary, OEC and GAIN have always used the Default dictionary. As for the "No Security Definition has been found" message - please add the required symbol using Symbol Lookup and make sure you are not using expired contracts since GAIN does not supply the data for them: Which_Data_Sources_Support_Expired_and_Continuous_Futures_Contracts

Jad

Postby Jad » 22 Oct 2018

Thanks Henry. It wasn't clear from Gain's email below whether or not this change would affect Multicharts symbols in the future.

i.e

The symbol format will change to the following:
Base Symbol + Month Code + Two-digit year

For example, the e-mini S&P format would change from ESU8 to ESU18.

If you are using third-party software, this change may not take place until the software vendor updates to our latest API version.

So, just to be clear, are you saying that their one digit year symbol format will remain unchanged in QM/MC even if/when you update to their latest API ??

Another, less crucial observation is that I only use a few options from the Chart Alanysis toolbar (Arrow Pointer, Cross Pointer, Show/Hide Cross and Data Window). However, the last option in the list (Trading Performance Report's icon) remains in the toolbar even if I uncheck it, save the Workspace and restart.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 Oct 2018

So, just to be clear, are you saying that their one digit year symbol format will remain unchanged in QM/MC even if/when you update to their latest API ??
That is correct.
Another, less crucial observation is that I only use a few options from the Chart Alanysis toolbar (Arrow Pointer, Cross Pointer, Show/Hide Cross and Data Window). However, the last option in the list (Trading Performance Report's icon) remains in the toolbar even if I uncheck it, save the Workspace and restart.
That is a known issue that will be fixed in one of the future updates.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 Oct 2018

I've used the "Stop" and "Limit" icons all day today and the "Fade" icon is still at the top left corner, I haven't used it at all today, it's very annoying. How can I remove it from the top row?
You need to use any icon from the 2nd row to have the icons rearranged.
Please consider making the icons "drag N drop", I'd like to choose where they are "permanently" placed. (not auto arranged).
This is something that we are going to add in the future.

fibdax

Postby fibdax » 11 Nov 2018

hello I installed mc64 12 R3 on a machine with widows server 2012 r2 and the tick by tick charts do not get smaller. See link . Is it solvable or do I have to reinstall mc11 ??
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TE8PZI ... sp=sharing

fibdax

I just saw that the problem occurs on all time frames

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 11 Nov 2018

I just saw that the problem occurs on all time frames
Take a look at this post fibdax
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=51666&e=1&view=unread#p130970
and try to apply the regvalue attached to the post

fibdax

It seems to work thanks

fibdax

Postby fibdax » 14 Nov 2018

Hi everyone , is it possible that mc12 consumes more memory? I opened the pages of mc11 with mc 12 but around half a day tells me that the memory is almost all occupied. I tried to reduce graphics days on some charts but nothing. If I export the futures and stocks with the data of these days when I run mc12, can I import them into mc11's quotemanager? if the problem persists I'm forced to go back to mc11. Have there been similar cases?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Nov 2018

Hello Fibdax,

Are you getting a MultiCharts notification that the physical memory on your computer is running low?
If that is the case - please close the other applications that are running on your PC and consuming the RAM.
If you consider MultiCharts to be using unjustified amount of RAM, please specify the exact process and send us the logs and dumps for analysis.
Open the Task Manager Details tab so that all MultiCharts processes and their RAM usage are visible, in MultiCharts go to Help tab->Feedback (or Windows Start menu->All programs->MultiCharts64->Feedback).
Select these options:
- Attach a screenshot;
- Attach log files to help us understand what happened;
- Snapshot of current setup:
- Open workspaces;
- Attach minidump for crash analysis;
- Upload collected data to Help Desk.
Uncheck the other options as we do not need them right now.

fibdax

Postby fibdax » 14 Nov 2018

hi, is this correct, will personal indicators be sent too?see gif
Attachments
Image.png
(13.14 KiB) Downloaded 3347 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 15 Nov 2018

hi, is this correct, will personal indicators be sent too?see gif
No studies (signals, indicators) will be sent over with the settings from your screenshot.

fibdax

Postby fibdax » 28 Nov 2018

Hello, as soon as I have time, I send you the data of the machine where it gives me a memory error. I tried to install MC12 on a machine with more memory but it happens to me that the TPO charts are only monthly,quarter and year see video. I upgraded from MC 11 to MC 12 .
I forgot I did not enter the license code and is running in the trial

https://vimeo.com/user92221115/review/3 ... 4e3ebc17a4

thanks

tcat

Postby tcat » 02 Dec 2018

Hello.
It appears that updating an instrument on a window/workspace actually modifies several instruments placed on different windows/workspaces.

The windows may have been created originally by a copy and paste of a specific setup.

Question: Is a copy-paste of a window in separate workspaces supposed to keep the reference to the original instruments when those intruments get modified?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Dec 2018

Hello, as soon as I have time, I send you the data of the machine where it gives me a memory error. I tried to install MC12 on a machine with more memory but it happens to me that the TPO charts are only monthly,quarter and year see video. I upgraded from MC 11 to MC 12 .

thanks
Hello fibdax,

The video no longer exists. Please make sure you are using a data feed that supports intra-day resolutions for building daily and weekly TPO charts.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Dec 2018

Hello.
It appears that updating an instrument on a window/workspace actually modifies several instruments placed on different windows/workspaces.

The windows may have been created originally by a copy and paste of a specific setup.

Question: Is a copy-paste of a window in separate workspaces supposed to keep the reference to the original instruments when those intruments get modified?
Hello tcat,

Most likely you have instrument linking enabled for the data series on these charts:
http://www.multicharts.com/trading-soft ... on_Linking

tcat

Postby tcat » 03 Dec 2018

Hello.

Hello tcat,

Most likely you have instrument linking enabled for the data series on these charts:
http://www.multicharts.com/trading-soft ... on_Linking
Thank you Henry, that was the root cause of the issue.

fibdax

Postby fibdax » 05 Dec 2018

thanks
Hello fibdax,

The video no longer exists. Please make sure you are using a data feed that supports intra-day resolutions for building daily and weekly TPO charts.
Hi ,the video is there and it works . The datafeed and broker is directa that supports intraday data if you see the video you see that the normal charts work thanks let me know

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 06 Dec 2018

Hi ,the video is there and it works . The datafeed and broker is directa that supports intraday data if you see the video you see that the normal charts work thanks let me know
Sorry fibdax but the video and the link is NOT there at all (watch the image attached from your link)
2018-12-06_14-31-27.png
(65.19 KiB) Downloaded 2878 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Dec 2018

thanks
Hello fibdax,

I've managed to find the video in your profile. We will need extended platform logs to study this case. Please see the email I've sent you with the detailed instructions.

wegi

Postby wegi » 27 Dec 2018

Hi,

i installed the latest MC12 Release 3 and now "display entire series" is not working as in version 11.
Just setup a simple chart, 1 minute TF, latest 20 days.
Do "format -> display entire series".
MC11 show the whole series without an horizontal scrollbar at the bottom of the chart windows
MC12 shows only a part of the series with an horizontal scrollbar.

i hope this is a bug, because it does not show the entire serie at my chart, i have to scroll.

TJ

Postby TJ » 27 Dec 2018

Hi,

i installed the latest MC12 Release 3 and now "display entire series" is not working as in version 11.
MC11 show the whole series without an horizontal scrollbar at the bottom of the chart windows

i hope this is a bug, because it does not show the entire serie at my chart, i have to scroll.

Have you done a contract rollover?
or started a new month?

wegi

Postby wegi » 27 Dec 2018

TJ, i used collected forex data.
i collect them with DDE, but i think this does not matter.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 28 Dec 2018

Hi,

wegi, we will check it and get back to you.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 28 Dec 2018

Return to “MultiCharts”