another Heikin Ashi curiosity

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
auato

Nov 22 2019

Hello,
I tried to search somewhere in some old threads but I have not found the answer I am looking for.
I have the same symbol in two subcharts: in subchart1 there are the regular bars to trade, in the subchart2 the symbol is set as heikin ashi bars. I would like to use the closure of heikin ashi bars in subchart2 to trigger the real trade in subchart1 using the dual stream feature. So if in my code I write the statement "Close of Data2", is that closure intended as the value of close calculated in heikin ashi?
Or do I need to calculate by myself in my code that closure -HAclose=(O of Data2+H of Data2+L of Data2+C of Data2)/4- ??
In other words, is that HA representation functional or only a graphic format?

auato

Nov 24 2019

...and is it mandatory to use fastest time resolution for data 1?
In my study data1 is set at 240 minutes and time resolution for data2 is 1 hour with heinkin ashi

TJ

Nov 24 2019

...and is it mandatory to use fastest time resolution for data 1?
In my study data1 is set at 240 minutes and time resolution for data2 is 1 hour with heinkin ashi
There are no hard rules against it. If you can make your logic work consistently for you, all the power to you.

auato

Nov 24 2019

Ok thanks again TJ. In fact I read a comment of yours "As a practice, you should always use the fastest resolution as data1"