Gaps in MC using TS data

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bearz

Gaps in MC using TS data

Postby bearz » 21 Mar 2006

I am using a 30 seconds chart in Multicharts with data from the TS feed.....I lose data when changing to another time frame and back to the 30 seconds chart......Is this a bug?.....Can someone help me get this data to be continuous.....

Re: Gaps in MC using TS data

Postby Guest » 21 Mar 2006

I am using a 30 seconds chart in Multicharts with data from the TS feed.....I lose data when changing to another time frame and back to the 30 seconds chart......Is this a bug?.....Can someone help me get this data to be continuous.....

Does TS data have time stamps down to seconds. I would almost bet it doesn't since the last time I used TS they had no way of accessing seconds for anything. Of course that was some time ago. MC probably places properly on the charts in real time but then gets confused when trying to recall the chart. I would try looking at the data in QM and see if it really has time stamps down to the second. That may give you the answer.

J~

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 22 Mar 2006

No access to seconds in EasyLanguage doesn't mean a thing; real incoming seconds data should be accessible and this should not be normally happening.
Please send us screenshots and logs detailing such a situation. Thanks for your attention to our work.

Chris

Re: Gaps in MC using TS data

Postby Chris » 22 Mar 2006

Does TS data have time stamps down to seconds. I would almost bet it doesn't since the last time I used TS they had no way of accessing seconds for anything. Of course that was some time ago. MC probably places properly on the charts in real time but then gets confused when trying to recall the chart. I would try looking at the data in QM and see if it really has time stamps down to the second. That may give you the answer.

J~
TS data is timestamped down to seconds, otherwise you wouldn't be able to reload missing data correctly (and that's what the developers tell their users). The sad thing is, the platform doesn't give you access to the seconds :roll: . Some traders say it's just that the users shouldn't see how much TS data lags :twisted: .

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 22 Mar 2006

Later we had an email from the user telling that this is no longer happening.

Dan, could you please share your experiences with the forum?

Return to “MultiCharts”