IB Backfill Request  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

IB Backfill Request  [SOLVED]

Postby Guest » 05 Apr 2006

hi
Can we have the option to reload 1 or 2 days data ?
Now reload, reloads all data right ?

Refreshing 1 days data is useful for IB data, since the real time data we get is constructed and timestamped by multicharts itself.
I would prefer to backfill with " more accurate" historical data from IB daily.

thanks

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 05 Apr 2006

You can do this in the following way - create a separate chart covering only the desired 1 or 2 days, when it's filled with data from the database that you suspect can be faulty, reload it.

Postby Guest » 07 Apr 2006

I have a bad data point intraday. When I do the procedure above it refreshes the bad information from cache rather than from IB (regardless of whether I choose on demand or online).

Also my daily bar is only built from tick data from when I start MC. I have tried closing all charts deleting the bar and opening a new chart its still it only starts building the daily bar from that point on?

Can you suggest a procedure to refresh daily and intraday charts (overwriting existing cached ticks) for a day or two (when IB is the data sourcde)??

This verion looks much more solid than theone I tried a few months ago but an easy procedure to refresh a couple of say 1 - 5 days is desperately needed.

I'm also a bit concerned there is a bad data point I am running Ensign on IB alongside and that does not have the bad point.

Any help would be welcome.

Cheers,
Nick

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 10 Apr 2006

If plotting a chart in On-demand mode and reloading it does not fix the bad data point, then that data value is bad on the IB servers. It's reloaded every time as is.

What you need to do is open the symbol in QuoteManager, right-click and select Edit Data to find and manually fix the bad data point.

Return to “MultiCharts”