DOM issues in Beta 3

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
reitberg

DOM issues in Beta 3

Postby reitberg » 12 May 2011

MAJOR BUG IN THE DOM IN BETA 3:

When I manually trade in the DOM, everything is fine, I place one-click and a limit order is created.

HOWEVER, if I leave Multicharts running over night, when I wake up the next morning, if I do not restart my MC (or close and reopen my workspaces), the one-click order will be a STOP order, and not a limit order.

There have been a couple of times where I did not do restart MC, and I missed out on some huge trades because I will place a sell limit order up above the last traded price, and then my broker returns an error regarding that I can not place a STOP order to sell above the last traded price.

In order to get around this in real time trading, I have had to hit the market on the bid, which is usually well below my limit be the time I figure this out.

Everything is fixed after I close my workspace and reopen my workspace, then the one-click orders are limit orders again.

Dave Masalov

Re: DOM issues in Beta 3

Postby Dave Masalov » 12 May 2011

Dear reitberg,

This is an important issue indeed. However we need a lot of details in order to reproduce the issue on our end. Please make a video of the issue and post it here or send a link to support@multicharts.com.

Thank you for reporting.

reitberg

I'm not really sure how I could duplicate this in a simulated environment so that I don't risk my capital in my account to find the bug.

reitberg

I sent a screen shot of my MC log along with my Log from NT which also confirms the error.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 13 May 2011

Dear reitberg,

The issue has been confirmed: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-351

Thank you for reporting. One thing we would like to know though is how did you manage to run both MC and NT connected to Zen-Fire at the same? As far as I am concerned, Zen-Fire does not allow this.

reitberg

Postby reitberg » 13 May 2011

I will reply to that question in PM

Return to “MultiCharts”