Several types of charts can be created. Chart style can be customized for each type of a chart.
The following types of charts are available:
Each chart type offers an alternative visual representation that has its own advantages.
The type and style of a chart are set in the Style tab of the Format Instruments window.
Chart Type is selected in the Chart Type section, and Chart Style settings can be customized in the Chart Style section.
Changes to Chart Type and Chart Style settings will be applied to the Chart Window in real time.
Last Price Marker
Last Price Marker is a special label displayed on the price scale that indicates the latest price value of the data series.
If multiple data series are plotted in different subcharts within the same chart window, then the marker is displayed for each data series.
However, if multiple data series are plotted in the same subchart, then the marker is displayed only for the series that was added first (Data #1).
To turn off/on Last Price Marker for a data series:
- Open the Format Instruments window.
To open the Format Instruments window, click the Format Instruments icon on the main toolbar;
if the Format Objects window appears, select the symbol and click the Format button.
The Format Instruments window can also be opened by one of the following methods:
- Position the mouse pointer over the symbol's data series; double-click once the Pointer changes into a Hand ;
- Position the mouse pointer over the symbol's data series; once the Pointer changes into a Hand right-click and then click Format Symbol Name;
- Right-click on an empty area of the chart and then click Format Instruments; if the Format Objects window appears, select the symbol and click the Format button;
- Select Format in the main menu and click Instrument; if the Format Objects window appears, select the symbol and click the Format button.
- Select the Style tab.
- Under the Advanced group box, check or uncheck the Last Price Marker checkbox.
Changing Bar Weight
Chart's bars' Weight can be changed by
- clicking Increase Weight or Decrease Weight icons on the Control toolbar
- selecting Format in the main menu and clicking Increase Weight or Decrease Weight