Best options to Import/Export Collected Study Data

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
jpartner

Best options to Import/Export Collected Study Data

Postby jpartner » 20 Apr 2024

Good day! I am looking for advice as to what may be the best option for me. Let me say up front, I am a programming hack at best so I want to keep this as easy as possible. I have built a study that captures data stored in arrays inside of MC, and I want to export that data into Excel - or another program basically to be used as outside storage. I will need to import that data back into MC in the future. What are my best options to do this? I think I have seen where XLSGate should do this, and this was my plan but for some reason, I have run into a snag and cannot get it installed on my machine. Firewalls, virus protection all been turned off (that I can find), and yet I still get the error "Please connect to the internet and try again". Is ADE another option? Other ideas out there that I don't know of?

Thank you

jpartner

Re: Best options to Import/Export Collected Study Data

Postby jpartner » 23 Apr 2024

Buehler.............Buehler? Surely one of you accomplished MC programmers can point me in a direction? Pretty Please? Even if its, it can't be done, hire a programmer.

Thank you

ABC

Re: Best options to Import/Export Collected Study Data

Postby ABC » 24 Apr 2024

Hi jpartner,

personally, I would look at EL Collections and replace the arrays with lists or maps. These can be written to text files and you can read text files back into the lists and maps. This might come in handy for your project. It is no direct connection between MC and Excel, though, but the text files could be imported into Excel.

Regards,

ABC

Return to “MultiCharts”