PC Autotrading

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
scrichley

PC Autotrading

Postby scrichley » 17 Feb 2024

I'm trying to get my first autotrading (ETFs on daily bars, free data, buy next open) system up and running. As recommended, I created a paper account on IB and linked it with Multicharts.

However... the laptops times out, falls asleep, and loses connection with IB TWS. Is there any recommendation on how to set up your laptop to not fall asleep and disconnect? I've looked online for recommended settings, but can't find anything useful. Ideally, it'd stay active always, but shutdown the screen when the laptop case is shut. Ultimately, I realize a VPS would be required for a reliable connection, but would like to get this running first...

Would a second license be required to run on a VPS even if I log out from the PC? Any VPS provider recommendations?

Thank you for all of your support!!!

-Shawn

TJ

Re: PC Autotrading

Postby TJ » 17 Feb 2024

What fell asleep?

Your computer?

or the IB account timed out?

Tibouss

Postby Tibouss » 17 Feb 2024

I guess your computer turn to hibernation mode after some time. You can turn it off in the settings.

To run a daily bar strategy i don't think that a VPS is required.

But you can look at : https://chartvps.com/

I'm also interested if someone know other VPS providers.

BB123

Postby BB123 » 18 Feb 2024

just turn off putting your laptop to sleep.. Go to settings/power and sleep settings/sleep .. Then go to sleep and change to "never"... Close the window and you "should" be good..

scrichley

Postby scrichley » 19 Feb 2024

Yes just my computer falling asleep causes the disconnection. I'll try simply setting it to never sleep and see if I can get an order sent to the paper trading account.

Return to “MultiCharts”