problems with the new simulated trading

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
HellGhostEvocatorX

problems with the new simulated trading

Postby HellGhostEvocatorX » 08 May 2024

I use the new simulated trading (offline) to create and test my designed indicators and signals. For this I had already used the simulation that was available before the current Multicharts version. I often look at the development of incorrect parts of my indicators several times in the corresponding places in order to be able to understand the development more precisely. The following points bother me about the new version:

The loading times are very long (but they were sometimes before)

There is no way to just jump back a few bars and start over. This means that you have to stop the simulation every time and reload all the data. Previously you could simply set a new "StartBar" again, as well as when starting the simulated trading.

In some cases, the simulated trading cannot be stopped completely; the colorful permanent loading animation remains when you stop the simulation. Only restarting Multicharts will help.

In general, constantly reloading data is extreme! annoying. The data would only have to be loaded once and then simply started from the appropriate location. I have no idea what Multicharts is doing in the background, but these extreme loading times are annoying!

Then only predefined “steps” can be defined, not individual step time windows such as 16 days.

Then when you switch, the image from the current "observation position" always jumps to somewhere else (I think at the end of the chart, so you have to constantly look for your position in the chart.

Maybe they can just add a "diagnostic" simulated trade that doesn't place such a high value on super consistent data and rather keeps the data in memory and is more performance focused. It takes an incredible amount of time as it currently is.

and another completely different idea, maybe you make it possible to pin the powerlanguage editor window in the multicharts.net window as well, which simplifies the diagnosis when you don't have multiple screens available (or you add an additional Output.Writeline function for multicharts , which is anchored in the data window.

Polly MultiCharts

Re: problems with the new simulated trading

Postby Polly MultiCharts » 08 May 2024

Hello HellGhostEvocatorX,

Thank you for your feedback, I have forwarded it to the devs.

In order to speed up the playback of data you can switch to Standard Simulated Trading as it doesn’t require Level 2 data.
For more info about Simulated Trading please see this page.

As for the issue with 'the simulated trading cannot be stopped completely', please describe it in more detail. Is the MultiCharts window not responding at all? Please send screenshot demonstrating it if possible.

HellGhostEvocatorX

Postby HellGhostEvocatorX » 09 May 2024

Hello Polly, thanks for the feedback. I use the standard simulated trading because I use "offline" data and this doesn't work with the advanced mode. attached is the screenshot.

Even after 20 minutes, the animation is still stuck in an endless loop (only 5 minutes can be seen in the picture).

If necessary, you should also reconsider the position of the animation.
Attachments
never ending loading 2.jpg
(1.88 MiB) Not downloaded yet
never ending loading.jpg
(1.86 MiB) Not downloaded yet

Polly MultiCharts

Postby Polly MultiCharts » 10 May 2024

HellGhostEvocatorX,

Thank you for the screenshots, but this behavior is not reproduced on our end.
Could you join the live chat Monday-Friday from 6:00 AM till 12:00 AM ET to demonstrate it via remote connection?

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”