Speed of loading...

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.
aussiefx

Speed of loading...

Postby aussiefx » 22 Feb 2007

TS Support,

I know you must be sick to death of me going on about this but could you please, please, please, look at doing something to speed the load time of charts in your next upgrade.

MCFX locked up on me and I had to restart it, 25 minutes ago, and not one chart window has come up yet. So far MCFXServer.exe is running at 97% CPU, has gobbled up 400 odd k or memory and still nothing. Not one window. Lucky I'm done with my trades for the night.

BTW - I'm on 8Mb ADSL now so that's not an issue and new ISP (much more reliable so far)

aussiefx

Timed example...GBPUSD

Postby aussiefx » 23 Feb 2007

Just thought I'd add some more info, I had to refresh a GBPUSD chart so I thought I'd time how long it took.

It's 2 charts in one (one hidden) 2400 bars of 240min data and 700 bars of 960min data. Not a huge amount of data by any means. It took just under 3 minutes from when the chart went blank to when it re-appeared.

Kate

Postby Kate » 28 Feb 2007

Several our customers who have contacted us with the same issues (I mean slow data loading and big CPU consumption) had McShield anti-virus that intersected MCFX logs and that's why MCFXServer.exe ran at 97% CPU.

Do you have any anti-virus? Maybe, your problem is caused by an anti-virus that conflicts with MCFX.

aussiefx

Postby aussiefx » 28 Feb 2007

I do have Nortons AV, and honestly, I would not run any PC without some sort of AV protection. When I checked the utilisation, MCFX was at 90+% but the AV didn't even register so I don't think it was really doing anything. If it was scanning something I'd imagine to see some CPU hits on it.

Ser Pip

Postby Ser Pip » 01 Mar 2007

I don't have AV on the computer that runs my charts and I have the same problem of the cpu pegging out to 100% for up to 15 minutes when my charts first load.

Kate

Postby Kate » 01 Mar 2007

I do have Nortons AV, and honestly, I would not run any PC without some sort of AV protection. When I checked the utilisation, MCFX was at 90+% but the AV didn't even register so I don't think it was really doing anything. If it was scanning something I'd imagine to see some CPU hits on it.
Aussiefx,

In fact, all anti-viruses interfere in MCFX logging process and intersect each line in Documents and Settings\Profile Name\Local Settings\Application Data\TS Support\ (where Profile Name is your user account) and it results in a critical CPU usage.

Kate

Postby Kate » 01 Mar 2007

I don't have AV on the computer that runs my charts and I have the same problem of the cpu pegging out to 100% for up to 15 minutes when my charts first load.
Ser Pip,

Could you post a screenshot of TaskManager (Processes tab)? Or it'd be better if you can demonstrate 100% CPU via HelpDesk?

Ser Pip

Postby Ser Pip » 04 Mar 2007

I would have but that computer crapped out on me this weeked, maybe that was my issue I don't know.

I don't run them that often on my laptop (which has AV) and I know the load time is long but not sure on the cpu.

I plan on installing the charts on my main desktop until I can get another motherboard for my charts computer and I will be sure the AV is disabled to do the test.

Thanks.

Ser

Return to “MCFX”