Machine Learning with Microsoft.ML / ML.NET ... ?

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Nico031

Machine Learning with Microsoft.ML / ML.NET ... ?

Postby Nico031 » 29 Aug 2023

Hello,

excuse me, if this topic has been discussed previously, but I couldn’t find anything that answers my questions. So far, I am using Multicharts and PowerLanguage for live trading.
Since I am interested in exploring machine learning approaches, I currently have a free trial license of Multicharts.NET. I did try some simple signals with C# and all was fine by then. My next step was to create CSV output files based on OHLC Data that I used to train a model in Visual Studio. After that, I wanted to use this model in a Multicharts signal.
Here it gets tricky. To my surprise, the PowerLanguage editor is pointing to the long outdated Visual Studio 2010 (currently 2022) and the no longer supported versions of .NET frameworks 4.8 and even 4.0.
I suspect that this is the reason why a program starting with:

using Microsoft.CSharp.RuntimeBinder;
using Microsoft.ML;
using Microsoft.ML.Data;

will not compile in the PowerLanguage editor, even after I load the corresponding dlls in Visual Studio. The compiler says that ML is not found in the namespace Microsoft.
Is no one else her using Microsoft.ML? Is there a workaround that I am not aware of, or will it only work, if a future version of Multicharts.NET will use .NET framework 6.0 or later …? That would really be a pity, since there is great potential for better trading signals …

I have hoped that Multicharts.NET would be my solution to use all the capabilities of the .NET framework for my trading, but I am currently stuck. If there is no way to use the machine learning methods of C# / .NET, I guess I have to do it through the IB API directly. However, I would be very glad if I could rely on all the functionality of Multicharts, rather than having to code everything myself, or gluing a bunch of various modules together …

Thanks for your help,
Nico

Kate MultiCharts

Re: Machine Learning with Microsoft.ML / ML.NET ... ?

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 05 Sep 2023

Hello Nico,

Your request has been forwarded to the development team for evaluation. We'll let you know when there are any updates.

amw_775

Postby amw_775 » 19 Feb 2024

I run into the same type of compatibility issues for almost all external #C libraries.

Multicharts really needs to upgrade its PL studies to .net Framework 5 or 6 because so many new
c# packages are no longer compatible with .net framework 3.5 and 4.0

It's kind of pointless having a Multicharts.Net Version which is only compatible with software from 10 years ago

HellGhostEvocatorX

Postby HellGhostEvocatorX » 21 Feb 2024

Does the following solve your problem? In general, the assembly reference is missing in Multicharts.net, I have had chatgpt create instructions for you here on how you can add this. But I don't know whether there won't be further problems with Multicharts.net...

https://chat.openai.com/share/8b9e83cc- ... a92194db93

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”