Historical Data Files

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
clint454

Historical Data Files

Postby clint454 » 31 Aug 2023

As my IQFeed can load 180 days of data on a chart, where is that located in my MC files? Also, if I load 180 days 10 days later, will I have 190 days of data saved in my data files?

Kate MultiCharts

Re: Historical Data Files

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 01 Sep 2023

Hello clint454,

When a chart for an instrument is plotted for the first time, the data is downloaded from the data provider server.
After that, the downloaded data is stored in cache. You can save the downloaded data to the database:
  1. Manually, by using the ‘Flush Cached Data to Database’ option in the main MultiCharts menu -> File or in QuoteManager -> Edit.
  2. Automatically, by closing all the MultiCharts applications. The data saving process will be displayed in the “Saving Data to Storage” window.
Data is stored locally on your machine. The storage location is specified in File -> Preferences -> Misc -> Directories -> Databases. These files cannot be viewed externally, you can actually view values stored in your database in QuoteManager: right-click a symbol -> Edit Data -> Load.

Check the How to Save, Store and Manage Data page for more info.

clint454

Postby clint454 » 01 Sep 2023

I am considering switching to another computer so want to export data. On my current computer, I can backtest 12 months of 3min data for NQ since I opened my first chart for that symbol 6 months ago and as mentioned, can load 180 days through IQFeed. So accumulated 12 months of data. However, when I export the data and scroll through the txt file, it only goes back to 7/23/23. Is there a step I am missing?

HellGhostEvocatorX

Postby HellGhostEvocatorX » 01 Sep 2023

how do they go about it?
Is the data actually available? (Highlight your symbol and press ctrl+r in the quote manager, enter the time frame and then load and check this) Use the quote manager: when exporting to ascii format you will be asked which time frame you want to export.. .
Alternatively, you can use the Multicharts.net format for exporting and importing.
Depending on the size of the file, other programs cannot load the exported file completely and accordingly cannot display it completely.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”