Request for "Format signal" button  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
BB123

Request for "Format signal" button

Postby BB123 » 28 Feb 2024

The name kinda says it all.. Asking for a "format signal" button.. Where i can click it and it just brings up the current signals settings windows.. This would make testing and "playing" with signal easier..

I see there is a picture next to the format signal in the pull down(which usually means there is a button for that option).. But there is no option to add this button in the "customize toolbar" area..

Kate MultiCharts

Re: Request for "Format signal" button

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 29 Feb 2024

Hi,

To quickly open up the Format Signal menu, you can double-click the signal applied to your chart. Just make sure the Orders and Data Series Dragging mode is disabled on the Control toolbar, otherwise, double-clicking will not work.
And you can also assign a shortcut to it in File → Keyboard Shortcuts → Charting category → Format Signal.

BB123

Postby BB123 » 01 Mar 2024

kkkaaaattteeeee.... question... doesnt a item in the drop downs (file/view ect) that has a picture next to it-- mean... There is a button available for it?

and if that is the case-- then where is the format signal button in the customize tool bars? when i right click on the chart i see the "format signal" option and there is a picture next to it.. yet--- no button... Craziness :)

Kate MultiCharts

Re: Request for "Format signal" button  [SOLVED]

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 01 Mar 2024

No, a picture does not guarantee a button :(
I mentioned a couple of alternative ways to speed up the process above.

BB123

Postby BB123 » 01 Mar 2024

I know you did and appreciate it... Im just that guy that if there is a bug or something not working-- i tend to try and figure it out.. :)... I say new rule... If there is a pic-- there is a button... woohoooo :)...

Have a good weekend Kate...

Return to “MultiCharts”