MC NEEDS to fix the instrument point value that isnt working...

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
BB123

MC NEEDS to fix the instrument point value that isnt working...

Postby BB123 » 04 Mar 2024

Ok Enough!....

Guys... You have to fix the instrument point value!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I trade with renko... So BrickSize and points are connected..

Right now i have to put the value of 20 points in if i want 5 actual point sized bricks on the chart.. 20 points <> equal 20 ticks... and depending on the instrument traded-- 20 ticks can mean 5 points.. or 10 points or 2 points... or what ever the ticks to points ratio are for that instrument..

So i have to put a value in to create the brick size i want.. But then when i go to figure out my TP amount.. I have to figure out all kinds of --- what multi is this instrument using-- then divide the "bricksize" by the instrument division factor bla bla bla..

ps. MinMove is also screwed up.. if i do a print of MinMove it shows a value of 25.00... not .25...

Polly MultiCharts

Re: MC NEEDS to fix the instrument point value that isnt working...

Postby Polly MultiCharts » 05 Mar 2024

Hello BB123,

Yes, when MinMove is set to 0,25 it will be displayed as 25,00 in the Powerlanguage Editor. This is expected behavior.
As for the Renko points and amount for TP, you could describe it in more detail and post your suggestion at our Project Management.
If it is popular among our users, our developers will review the possibility of adding it.

BB123

Postby BB123 » 11 Mar 2024

Hi Polly... Ill put together examples for the point/tick comparison... Though all you have to do is bring up a renko chart-- and put your resolution to 1 tick and your box size to 5 and select points .. Instead of ending up with bricks that are 5 points in size.. you end up with bricks that are 5 ticks in size...

just to make sure we are on the same page.. for ES if we move up 1 tick-- we go from 5122.25 to 5122.50.... But if we move up 5 points.. then we go from 5122.25 to 5127.25... If im wrong please let me know... But this is how ive always thought of it..

Polly MultiCharts

Postby Polly MultiCharts » 12 Mar 2024

BB123,

If you'd like it to work differently, please describe it in more detail and post your suggestion at our Project Management so that the devs can evaluate your request.

Return to “MultiCharts”