"Manual Trade" / Autotrading Issue

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
user_01

"Manual Trade" / Autotrading Issue

Postby user_01 » 14 Apr 2024

Hi, could someone help me out to clarify this issue i have.

I had 15 contracts of UPRO. Last week, my MC crashed due to High CPU Load and that caused my sell stop to be "saved". On friday when my MC was back up and running, it took a short Entry and labelled it as "Manual Trading". However i did not do any manual trading so this was quite odd to me. My script only uses Sell and not SellShort to prevent any shorting. Also, i found it weird that i had 15 contracts long, it shorted 15 contracts then 20 mins later it sold off the existing long position. Why did the "manual trading" not just sell the existing 15 contracts but instead entered a short? If the "manual trading" came from the saved sell stop, shouldnt it be an exit sell stop instead of a entry short stop? Could someone explain to me exactly what happened and what can i do to prevent anything like this happening again in the future. Thank you.
Attachments
UPRO short.PNG
(25.52 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Polly MultiCharts

Re: "Manual Trade" / Autotrading Issue

Postby Polly MultiCharts » 15 Apr 2024

Hello user_01,

If you do not cancel orders when turning off Auto trading (or MultiCharts), they remain active at the broker. The “Saved” status means that the profile (or MultiCharts) was turned off and that the order remained on the broker. After some time this order was executed and the corresponding line appeared in the Order and Position Tracker but already as ‘Manual Trading’.
In case of UPRO, the order that was sent on 11/4/2024 at 19:04 remained active at the broker and got filled on 12/4/2024 at 7:36 but already as ‘Manual Trading’. Since your strategy doesn’t know about your manual orders it continued trading as if no order was filled.

Return to “MultiCharts”