15.0 build 26125 fails to get latest free and ascii quotes

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
cwelch

15.0 build 26125 fails to get latest free and ascii quotes

Postby cwelch » 09 May 2024

This got broken for me when I upgraded to 15.0 26125.

Take a simple free quote index, like the NASDAQ ^IXIC and chart it. I used to be able to .rld it during the day and it would pick up the latest quotes so I could see the index evolve as the day goes along.

This doesn't work anymore, it never displays the current data with .rld. I have to close and reopen Multicharts for it to pick up the latest quote. I now have this problem with both Free and ASCII quote data sources.

I go into QuoteManager, right click and use Edit Data and it also is missing the current quote for both Free and ASCII data sets. I can open the ASCII file and see it has a more current quote than what Multicharts picks up. It doesn't get loaded. Multicharts seems to get stuck on what ever it picked up when I opened the application.

This worked in all the previous versions of Multicharts that I've used.

Is there anyway to correct this? I use this a lot so I'm going to go back to the version I was previously using if this can't be solved.

Thanks in advance.

cwelch

Re: 15.0 build 26125 fails to get latest free and ascii quotes

Postby cwelch » 09 May 2024

I've tried using .rld, .rld glob and View/Reload/Reload All Data (Ctrl-R).

All fail to get the latest data, it remains stuck on the data that was loaded when it was first started.

cwelch

Re: 15.0 build 26125 fails to get latest free and ascii quotes

Postby cwelch » 10 May 2024

.rld glob works late in day, I ran it around 7:00 PM, but doesn't show latest quotes while markets are open. Multicharts version 15 build 26125 has to be closed and reopened if I want to see updated data during the day. I monitor a lot of stocks, so this isn't practical, it takes a lot of time where as I can just do a simple .rld with the previous release I used and everything works as expected.

I've reverted to version 14 build 25793, the previous release I was using and .rld or Ctrl-R works fine again.

The problem I'm encountering is a bug with version 15 26125.

Double check your chart with another source after a refresh as you may not be seeing the latest quotes if you are using ASCII or Free quote sources. I only use ASCII/Free sources for monitoring indices, but can't see the latest quote values while the markets are open.

Return to “MultiCharts”