MultiCharts 2.1 Beta

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Stanley Miller

MultiCharts 2.1 Beta

Postby Stanley Miller » 31 May 2007

UPDATE | 3 September 2007

A new 2.1.976.1109 Beta version of MultiCharts is out. All bugs reported in the previous beta version are fixed now. You can download the new version here:
http://www.tssupport.com/support/downloads/

UPDATE | 18 July 2007

A new 2.1.928.1050 Beta version of MultiCharts is out. All bugs reported in the previous beta version are fixed now. You can download the new version here:

UPDATE | 28 June 2007

A new 2.1.909.909 Beta version of MultiCharts is out. All known bugs have been fixed. You can download the new version here:

Dear Customers,

We are starting beta-testing of a new version of MultiCharts that will include an extensive list of new features and enhancements, please the complete list below. This version is stable enough to use it for everyday work, however, some bugs might appear as happens in any beta version. Customers willing to participate in beta-testing are welcome to install this beta version, use its new functionality and inform us about all found problems in this thread. As soon as we fix all the problems found during beta-testing, the release of the new version will be announced.

Download: http://tssupport.com/products/multichar ... 80.530.exe

FEATURES

Strategy Back-testing and Automation
• Optimization criterion can be selected at GA Properties tab
• Added support of multi-cores machines for optimization, each additional core will be utilized at about 80%, for instance, if you have 4 cores optimization speed will increase 3.5 x

General Improvements
• Microsoft Windows Vista 32 & 64 compatibility

Charting
• The indicator and signal calculation speed increases considerably. It has become approximately two times faster. Most likely, in the next version MultiCharts will calculate indicators and signals faster than TS 8
• Improved performance and reliability of TraderLogic indicators
• The style of alert windows has been changed. Now it is possible to display one alert window over the other at the same time
• Added the message warning that memory is not enough
• Added Fibonacci Price Extension Lines drawing tool
• Improved the increment step of the width parameter for all the lines in a chart
• Vertical bars and histograms now don’t have rounded ends
• The cursor became more precise when pointing to drawing tools
• Added the option to turn off the hint for drawing tools
• Increased reliability and speed of charting
• Improved drawing tools

Data Feeds and Data Management
• Added Open E Cry data feed

Programming Language/Script Editor
• Improved PowerLanguage Editor functionality and reliability
• Added GetCurrency, GetCountry, from entry reserved words

Graphical user interface
• Added the option to select "Don’t ask me to confirm on close of the window"

BUG FIXES

• The symbol list was not displayed when TS8 data feed is used
• The number of bars back (BarsBack, DaysBack) for the daily resolution was calculated improperly
• Monthly bars were built incorrectly with some sessions
• Daily bars that were not included in a session were doubled for eSignal Data Source
• Winsock communication error for eSignal Data Source
• Data Sources were doubled in QuoteManager
• Last Price Marker had extra zeros and was displayed incorrectly on the left price scale
• Gaps on N-minute charts although this data was present in the database
• When video memory was not enough it led to incorrect charting
• Signals with Off status after recompilation got On status
• TWS 870 started working incorrectly on history request in GMT time zone
• Strategy Performance Report: hung when huge amounts of data were used
• The problem with opening workspaces with minimized windows
• Entry/exit price of trades were exported incorrectly on export into xls from Strategy Performance Report
• If overnight sessions were used data was reloaded each time when Format Symbol dialog was called
• “No data” message was returned if IQFeed data was requested before the sessions open
• The problem with different results between Optimization and Performance Reports
Last edited by Stanley Miller on 19 Sep 2007, edited 7 times in total.

sparkz

Postby sparkz » 31 May 2007

Thanks for the update.

Is it expected that when loading existing workspace that all non standard studies etc. would be removed?

I presume this was because the compiled studies were removed during the update? I wish I had known as, I'm guessing, if I compiled them all first my workspaces would have been intact?

Apart from that, looking good...

Thanks
Last edited by sparkz on 31 May 2007, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Guest » 31 May 2007

WOW... thanks for the chart drawing tool fixes !!!

good work... keep it up !

jek

Postby jek » 31 May 2007

Do we need to uninstall the old MC before installing the new one?
This was required last time.

Copy/paste windows!!! Hooray!

Postby Guest » 31 May 2007

This version looks so good, I am tempted to by a second copy.

crazy_phil

Think to compile all Your studies before lauching Multichart

Postby crazy_phil » 01 Jun 2007

Think to compile all Your studies before lauching Multichart

mojotrader

Postby mojotrader » 01 Jun 2007

The new beta looks pretty solid.

It may be too late for this release for a new simple request but it would be nice if you saved User Defined scaling properties for each chart. Every time MC is started I have to go through and rescale about 25 charts (5 workspaces each with 3 -5 charts).

Thanks,
~mojo

ybfjax

Postby ybfjax » 01 Jun 2007

The new beta looks pretty solid.

It may be too late for this release for a new simple request but it would be nice if you saved User Defined scaling properties for each chart. Every time MC is started I have to go through and rescale about 25 charts (5 workspaces each with 3 -5 charts).

Thanks,
~mojo
I can't say for sure if it already does this, because all of my charts have the same settings more or less.

One thing I did notice with this beta version is if you have a LOT of charts in one workspace (30+)

1) It takes a while for the data to load. I will keep watching this, but initially, it takes a long while to load. A few symbols isn't too bad, but many takes a while. When I looked at the quotemanager, i noticed that it was sending a lot of requests to OEC, and it got to the point where it only was getting one quote per symbol. Some of the charts loaded fully, but after about an hour, I gave up and restarted. Why? because the other charts had xx quotes downloaded, but were stuck on downloading. The charts that hadn't loaded up until that point just refused to display. When I shut down and restarted, all the symbols loaded properly.

2) it takes a while for MC to completely kill itself. It took about 5 minutes for MC to kill itself when I just shut it down 10 minutes ago. That means from the time that the MC window closed out, the process was still running at near full CPU capacity for 5 minutes.

Edit: It appears as if the data loading is much faster now. I have about 18 symbols with 4-5 charts each. So about 80+ charts in the workspace. I will check tomorrow and tuesday. This is with the 128 MB video card. I plan to upgrade soon to either 256 or 512. But in the mean time, I will see what is going on with the 128 MB card.
Last edited by ybfjax on 03 Jun 2007, edited 1 time in total.

mojotrader

Postby mojotrader » 02 Jun 2007

Currently MC does not save the "Scale Type" properties on the Format Symbol/Scaling tab. For example, if I change the scale type to "User defined" and specify Max/Min scale values, or just use the Compress/Expand tool bar button to adjust price scales, MC will not persist my settings when I save the Workspace. The next time MC starts, all Scale setting default to "Screen". It's not a big deal with a couple of charts but when you have many charts it's a hassle.

BTW, Great job on fixing the video memory issue, TsSupport!!!

O66

quote manager menu

Postby O66 » 04 Jun 2007

Im running Vista and install went fine. did upgrade from xp and moving databases / indicators etc went also fine
only thing i have problem with is in Quote Manager when i do right click on a symbol, the menu is empty, however when i go over with the mouse the labels are visible
see screenshot
Attachments
qm.jpg
(110.87 KiB) Downloaded 7415 times

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 04 Jun 2007

Having problems when a chart contains more than one study which uses trendlines. When the workspace is opened I need to toggle the status off/on for the study to display.

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 04 Jun 2007

Currently MC does not save the "Scale Type" properties on the Format Symbol/Scaling tab. For example, if I change the scale type to "User defined" and specify Max/Min scale values, or just use the Compress/Expand tool bar button to adjust price scales, MC will not persist my settings when I save the Workspace. The next time MC starts, all Scale setting default to "Screen". It's not a big deal with a couple of charts but when you have many charts it's a hassle.
Please please please fix this, it's a real chore everyday.

Nick

Postby Nick » 05 Jun 2007

Please please please fix this, it's a real chore everyday.
I report this every now and then. Its in my thread "irritating bugs as they occur so often". Andrew claimed he could find nothing worng with it. If the chart window is minimised when you close the workspace the chart position is forgotten too the next time you maximise it. I have a dozen minimised charts in each workspace. every single one needs re positioning and re zooming every time I restart multicharts. Its a real PIA.

Nick

Postby Nick » 05 Jun 2007

Having problems when a chart contains more than one study which uses trendlines. When the workspace is opened I need to toggle the status off/on for the study to display.
This is happening for me too. Its a bug introduced this beta. Can we get acknowledgement that it is a problem?

Cheers.

Nick

Postby Nick » 06 Jun 2007

Actually tow days running I have missed trades because I forgot to reset studies that project S/R as trend lines.

Come on guys whats the word on this?

Postby Guest » 06 Jun 2007

I like the new Alert window. It is distinctive.

I like the way I click on it and it closes. No need to position that "X" carefully.

A big thanks !!!

josh18

LMT indicators

Postby josh18 » 07 Jun 2007

I found the following glitches when using the LMT indicators (1) take a long time to load when changes are made in it's properties (2) LMT labels/ prices do not appear as the market progresses.

Postby Guest » 11 Jun 2007

Still no built-in data replay support?

trader

Postby trader » 11 Jun 2007

1. Custom trendline indicator no longer updates in realtime
(could you please provide a "hotfix" for this issue)

2. Could you reintroduce the old right tick, left tick plot style in addition to your new right tick, left tick plot style. I find the old plot style necessary when creating synthetic OHLC bars. i.e. open=left tick, close = right tick

thank you!

Postby Guest » 14 Jun 2007

Do we need to uninstall the old MC before installing the new one?
This was required last time.
I didn't see an answer for this above. (Sorry if I missed it.) So, do we need to uninstall the old MC before installing the new one?

Are there any installation steps required beyond simply "run the installer"?

Does the new install overwrite the old one, or install side-by-side?

Kate

Postby Kate » 15 Jun 2007

Formerly when MultiCharts saved User Defined settings we received a lot of complaints of our customers who sometimes were unable to find their charts because they had moved beyond defined limits. So we are not planning to reintroduce this feature but in the future maybe we will implement an option that will save User defined settings.

Kate

Re: quote manager menu

Im running Vista and install went fine. did upgrade from xp and moving databases / indicators etc went also fine
only thing i have problem with is in Quote Manager when i do right click on a symbol, the menu is empty, however when i go over with the mouse the labels are visible
It is really a weird situation and it'll be great if you could contact us and demonstrate this problem on HelpDesk.

Kate

We are aware of this bug affecting indicators that use drawing objects and will fix it in the next version.

Kate

So, do we need to uninstall the old MC before installing the new one?

Are there any installation steps required beyond simply "run the installer"?

Does the new install overwrite the old one, or install side-by-side?
When you run the new installer you should select Remove option (instead of Repair which is supposed to restore the previous version) and the installer will remove the previous version and install the new one. But please make sure that you leave "Remove all user data..." check box unchecked to save your data. You will also need to recompile your studies.

Kate

2. Could you reintroduce the old right tick, left tick plot style in addition to your new right tick, left tick plot style. I find the old plot style necessary when creating synthetic OHLC bars. i.e. open=left tick, close = right tick
We haven't changed anything here, please explain what you mean.

trader

Postby trader » 15 Jun 2007

Hi Kate,

In subgraph #2 a 'right tick' is used at full thickness to represent the close.
The right tick(close) is hard to see.

I believe the older version right tick had more of an appearance of the 'close' as seen in subgraph #1.

When creating synthetic OHLC bars at more dense thickness, it becomes an issue.

Does this help to explain?

Trader
Attachments
leftright.PNG
(62.29 KiB) Downloaded 7351 times

Kate

Postby Kate » 18 Jun 2007

Thank you for the screenshot, now I see your point. This drawback will be fixed in future versions.

Postby Guest » 18 Jun 2007

When you run the new installer you should select Remove option (instead of Repair which is supposed to restore the previous version) and the installer will remove the previous version and install the new one. But please make sure that you leave "Remove all user data..." check box unchecked to save your data. You will also need to recompile your studies.
Thanks Kate!

edgarcia39

MC 2.1 Beta

Postby edgarcia39 » 18 Jun 2007

You guys need to work on a quick solution for this bug. Looks like the new 2.1 beta can't handle the indicator plots correctly, about half of my indicator don't work, attached is a screen shot of the error. Sorry but I have to go back to the previous version :( :( :(
Attachments
MC 2.1 Beta Bug 6-18-07.png
(4.47 KiB) Downloaded 7353 times

Kate

Postby Kate » 19 Jun 2007

Ed,

Could you send me this indicator and your workspace to tokareva@tssupport.com?

O66

double toolbars

Postby O66 » 19 Jun 2007

im using vista.
last week i suudenly lost my toolbars.
i added them back to my charts via view/toolbars / etc.

today i suddenly have 2 sets of toolbars!
see screenshot
Attachments
toolbars.jpg
(72.27 KiB) Downloaded 7310 times

Re: double toolbars

Postby Guest » 19 Jun 2007

im using vista.

see screenshot
this has happened to me as well.

i am using xp home.

Kate

Re: double toolbars

Postby Kate » 20 Jun 2007

im using vista.

066 and guest,

Please describe these issues in more detail so that I can reproduce it here. When did you notice that the toolbars were missing? On starting MultiCharts or on opening a workspace? Was QuoteManager running at that time? When did the toolbars reappear?

O66

Postby O66 » 20 Jun 2007

after starting MC toolbars were gone.
added it again
next day i started mc and had doube toolbars
didnt delete anything
today i started and only 1 set of toolbars is showed

Postby Guest » 20 Jun 2007

the double icon bars happened to me 3 times.

one set of bars were useful, the other set was dead. you click on it and nothing happens.

i tried to delete one set of the bars, then all of a sudden, all the bars were gone. i ended up with no icon bars. i had to go to the menu to get them again.

this is really time wasting.

Kate

Postby Kate » 21 Jun 2007

If the toolbars are missing again, please contact us via our Live Support.

O66

Postby O66 » 22 Jun 2007

when will be the next beta available?
thanks

Kate

Postby Kate » 22 Jun 2007

Most likely, it will be available the next week.

Postby Guest » 23 Jun 2007

hi kate,
will the new beta next week also fix the bugs with the traderlogic studies in 880.530? there are problems with the realtime updating & I downgraded to the previous one for that reason.

thx & to everyone a nice weekend!

maxpi

Postby maxpi » 25 Jun 2007

I could really use the limit ordering capability with autotrading with IB. I'm wasting days trying to get hyperorder [not really supported recently apparently, I can't get it to connect to TWS], TWSLinnk [won't connect to TWS either], traderassistant [the activation code won't work to activate the software] and NT [the free demo won't autotrade via dll, I can't really test it, have to pay $180 to find out if it works], too many headaches nowadays. Having the full functionality in the autotrader would make my day.

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 28 Jun 2007

UPDATE | 28 June 2007

A new 2.1.909.909 Beta version of MultiCharts is out. All known bugs have been fixed. You can download the new version here:

jek

Postby jek » 28 Jun 2007

I get an error from the installer:

"""
MultiCharts v.2.1.909.909 installation bootstrapper.

X An error occured installing the package. Windows Installer returned '1638'
"""

This is Vista Ultimate 64 bit. I tried "run as administrator" and got the same thing.

jek

Postby jek » 28 Jun 2007

An uninstall first then made it work.

It would be good to add one sentence to remind people when you announce if this is needed.

jek

Postby jek » 28 Jun 2007

One bug that still seems to be there on Vista 64 bit can be reproduced as follows:

Bring up the Quote Manager.
Right-Click on a TS symbol.
Notice that the pop-up doesn't display all the selections.
As you move your mouse up and down, the selection display will fill in.

O66

Postby O66 » 29 Jun 2007

have the same thing with vista 32

but so far quite happy with this new beta

Kate

Postby Kate » 29 Jun 2007

We confirm this bug. Our developers are already taking every effort to fix it

Postby 4 » 30 Jun 2007

Stanley Miller from TS support wrote

[quote]UPDATE | 28 June 2007

A new 2.1.909.909 Beta version of MultiCharts is out. All known bugs have been fixed.

Please advise how to get the quotes for the US Bond contract [ZB] to display in the correct fractional form of '32nds' ?

There are other contracts quoted in fractions - this BUG has been reported and we were told it would be fixed for about 2 years now!

Another trader requested that someone at TS go through ALL the postings in the MC forum and keep tract of all the bugs and malfunctions that have been reported in the past and are yet to be fixed. [and of course the ones that Have been taken care of]

To make such a broad statement that "All known bugs' have been fixed is not accurate in my opinion.

If thefractional quotes problem has been fixed already,I apologize for that..

Postby Guest » 30 Jun 2007

I have got an email from Bill Schamp telling me not to install this beta.

Kate

Postby Kate » 03 Jul 2007

Dear Guest,
By saying that all known bugs have been fixed we meant all the bugs in the previous beta version 2.1.880.530. And we reiterate that this statement is correct.

As for fractional prices - there's no bug here. This option isn't supported yet but our developers are working on implementation of this feature.
A new 2.1.909.909 Beta version of MultiCharts is out. All known bugs have been fixed.

Please advise how to get the quotes for the US Bond contract [ZB] to display in the correct fractional form of '32nds' ?

There are other contracts quoted in fractions - this BUG has been reported and we were told it would be fixed for about 2 years now!

To make such a broad statement that "All known bugs' have been fixed is not accurate in my opinion.

Postby Guest » 04 Jul 2007

Kate-I think you have been with the TS about 6 months,this has been a problem for MUCH longer than that.

Whether you call the Inability of MultiCharts to correctly Chart the prices of some major futures contracts a feature not supported yet or a BUG,the fact remains that this Very Basic Requirement is not met and is Not Working after two years or so of requests,promises,etc.

It is no wonder that places I have visited seem to have less of an interest in MC than earlier.

I have a vested interest in your success and wish the very best for the company and its' products.

Dear Guest,
By saying that all known bugs have been fixed we meant all the bugs in the previous beta version 2.1.880.530. And we reiterate that this statement is correct.

As for fractional prices - there's no bug here. This option isn't supported yet but our developers are working on implementation of this feature.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 05 Jul 2007

Unfortunately we underestimate importance of this issue. We will definitely introduce fractional scale in the next versions later this year.

Postby Guest » 05 Jul 2007

Kate-I think you have been with the TS about 6 months,this has been a problem for MUCH longer than that.

Whether you call the Inability of MultiCharts to correctly Chart the prices of some major futures contracts a feature not supported yet or a BUG,the fact remains that this Very Basic Requirement is not met and is Not Working after two years or so of requests,promises,etc.

It is no wonder that places I have visited seem to have less of an interest in MC than earlier.

I have a vested interest in your success and wish the very best for the company and its' products.

well said guest !

for all the people at MC... let me repeat -- we have a vested interest in your success.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 10 Jul 2007

We appreciate it!

Nick

Postby Nick » 13 Jul 2007

Dear Guest,
It would be really useful if TSSuport published

a) a list of each bug fixed with each new release.

b) A list of acknowledged bugs that remain.

I presume these lists are maintained internally so it should be no extra work to publish them. It would make things much much easier for users to know what is going on. This has been promised on numerous occasions before btw.

There are still numerous (many) bugs of varying severity that pre-date the last beta but I am sure you are aware of this and working on them.

Cheers.

O66

Postby O66 » 13 Jul 2007

! started an optimize proces, after 3 minutes mc freezed and after rebooting all my workspaces were corrupted. Also all toolbars dissapeard and had to add them back via view/toolbars etc
had to redo my workspaces.

this is no fun!

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 13 Jul 2007

Is the problem reproducible?

Could you send us your workspace, strategy and settings for the optimization?

O66

Postby O66 » 14 Jul 2007

cant send you the code.
i will try it with some generic code and let you know

sometimes optimising is doing ok, but most of the time its behaving weird.
When i start i see estimated time, (3 hours or so) but then after a few minutes it stops and sometimes it opens the result screen. Sometimes this screen doesnt get focus or it is not viewable because its transparency.
But most of the time optimizing process stops and nothing happens. (no result window no nothing)
After that new optimising cant be done because new windows are 100% transparent. See screenshot of new optimize window.
(you can see the underlaying chart and format objects window, this optimize window is complete empty)
im using Vista and have also display problems with quotemanager. This display issue in QM is already coinfirmed as a bug.
After restarting MC i can start a new optimise process but as soon as the process is more then a few possibilities to test it stops after a few minutes.
Only the real simple optimise request will finish ( as long its under the 2 minutes proccesing time)
I have 4GB of Ram in this PC and latest Processor.
Attachments
mc.jpg
(31.3 KiB) Downloaded 7363 times

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 17 Jul 2007

O66,
Thanks for the information.
Could you tell us the following:
1. What version are you running?
2. What symbol/resolution/period did you use?
3. Does it happen with standard signals?
4. What CPU are you running? As far as I understand you are running a 4 core pc?

glam_100

Postby glam_100 » 17 Jul 2007

I have similar problem as 066 during optimization. Basically whenever a relatively large optimization (>20000 iteration) is run MC optimization went into trouble. It either stops or freezes and the next time I run optimization it simply pops up the optimization report without running a single iteration.

The version I'm using is the 909.909 build

O66

Postby O66 » 17 Jul 2007

im using latest 909.909 build
symbol er2 13 minute
processor is Intell e6600 core 2 2.4 Ghz
i dont want to test anymore it cost me lots of time to add toolbars back create new workspaces etc.
glam_100 is having same problems, he/she is testing with a complete other signal

glam_100

Postby glam_100 » 17 Jul 2007

Hi 066

Apparently this problem is going to be fixed in the next beta:

to check this out

forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?p=13384#13384

O66

Postby O66 » 17 Jul 2007

ah thats good
thanks

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 18 Jul 2007

UPDATE | 18 July 2007

A new 2.1.928.1050 Beta version of MultiCharts is out. All bugs reported in the previous beta version are fixed now. You can download the new version here:

glam_100

Postby glam_100 » 18 Jul 2007

I love you guys. You guys are really quick in rolling things out unlike TS in which a single fix can take months and features would take years...

O66

Postby O66 » 18 Jul 2007

thanks for new beta!
nice job vista display problems in QM are fixed!
will let you know about backtest/optimizing

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 19 Jul 2007

Glam_100, O66 -
Thanks for the comments!

Panos

Postby Panos » 19 Jul 2007

I'm running MC on a Windows XP computer.

I had the following problems while running 2.1.909.909. I uninstalled this and installed the latest beta of MC v.2.1.928.1050 and the problems persist. I am using a feed from IB (normal trading account) to trade FOREX:

1. I use a 5 minute chart, which suddenly stops updating tick by tick. Sometimes it takes several restarts before tick by tick updating functions properly.

2. I had no problem opening or saving a workspace (even with the beta version). All of a sudden I can neither open a saved or even save a new workspace. I get the error message "Failed to Save Document" or "Failed to Open Document".

3. My last comment is not about a bug, just a feature enhancement: IB gives quotes for most Forex pairs using 5 decimal figures but MC displays only 4 decimals. It would be very useful to have the capability to display 5 decimals in the y axis.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 19 Jul 2007

Panos,
Issues 1 and 3 are not known so please contact our helpdesk to resolve it quickly.
Regarding 5 decimals. You can easily change it in QuoteManager->Edit Symbol>Settings->Price Scale. Set 1/100000.

flmaxey

Print Options

Postby flmaxey » 24 Jul 2007

Sometime I ago I asked about print option where it would be possible to print a chart without printing a entire page of black. As I recall, this request was at least 2 beta's past.

Surely, a template, where the background is white, is not that difficult to do. When will I see something?

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 27 Jul 2007

I'm not ready to tell you ETA, but this feature is added to our to-do list.

MechTrader

Optimization shouldn't prevent using the program

Postby MechTrader » 03 Aug 2007

What's with the optimization routine preventing one from using MultiCharts. Like all other calculations that take a long time, it should be in a background thread and not block the user interface. The proper multithreading in this program is the main reason I prefer this program over TS, but the optimizer being modal is ludicrous. Please fix this problem before releasing version 2.1 final.

giles117

Postby giles117 » 10 Aug 2007

When downloading Daily Data from IB nothing gets downloaded under 928.1050. Previous Betas had no problem with this...

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 15 Aug 2007

When downloading Daily Data from IB nothing gets downloaded under 928.1050. Previous Betas had no problem with this...
What symbols and over what period did you request? What message do you get? If the message is "No Data" please make sure that in File->Preferences->Data Server Mode "Online" and "I want to download missing data" are checked.

I just requested daily charts for 2 random symbols from IB and they were plotted just fine.

khho

Postby khho » 16 Aug 2007

My daily charts also not working, EUR, SSG, ZN, AUD, ES and so on, since 1st Aug 07. After i hv saved the daily chart on 13/8 and next day the 13/8 had disappeared but being replaced with 14/8 and the next day, the 14/8 was replaced by 15/8 and again 15/8 was overwritten by 16/8. Hence my charts will only see 1/8, 2/8, 3/8, 6/8, 7/8 then jumped to 16/8. The rest all disappeared. My perference setting was "online I want to get data from the local, I want to download missing data." There has no problem with the contract or minutes chart. My multichart version is 2.0.777.777. Please help.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 16 Aug 2007

My daily charts also not working, EUR, SSG, ZN, AUD, ES and so on, since 1st Aug 07. After i hv saved the daily chart on 13/8 and next day the 13/8 had disappeared but being replaced with 14/8 and the next day, the 14/8 was replaced by 15/8 and again 15/8 was overwritten by 16/8. Hence my charts will only see 1/8, 2/8, 3/8, 6/8, 7/8 then jumped to 16/8. The rest all disappeared. My perference setting was "online I want to get data from the local, I want to download missing data." There has no problem with the contract or minutes chart. My multichart version is 2.0.777.777. Please help.
You are using the old version of MC. I suggest uninstalling it and installing the latest beta version (2.1.928.1050). It has many of the bugs fixed and works faster.

If after upgrading you still have the same problem, please let us know.

Postby Guest » 17 Aug 2007

I hv uninstalled and reinstalled ver 2.1.928.1050. I still could not get the daily chart working properly. Always overwritten by the latest date. Now I got a bar on 7/8 and next bar is 17/8. ES is loading very slow. I have waited more than an hour for one day data but still getting quotes.

I hv tried to recreate a new data base by deleting the old data base manually and then reinstalled multichart, but there has no new data base created. I hv to copy back the old data base from my back up file.

I received this message when i open up multichart: "Interactive brokers client software is not installed or incompatible. Please install latest version of client software". I am using web base TWS, it refreshes each time when I open TWS and update was done automatically.

What is my problem?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 17 Aug 2007

Hello,

1. Regarding the problem with daily bars, could you please contact us through LiveChat http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html
When you come to LiveChat, remind us briefly what your issue is and that it needs fixing via HelpDesk. After that you will be prompted to launch HelpDesk (from Start->Programs->MultiCharts->HelpDesk, double-click Internet Support). HelpDesk is a utility enabling us to connect to your computer remotely, see what the problem is and fix it.

2. When you launched TWS for the first time and there was a window suggesting two options: use web-based version or stand-alone application. Did you by any chance choose the stand-alone application version?

gautama2

Postby gautama2 » 03 Sep 2007

Hello,

no new Beta?
Announced was last week :(
(Those bad users, they can't wait :) )

Regards
Robert

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 03 Sep 2007

A new 2.1.976.1109 Beta version of MultiCharts is out. All bugs reported in the previous beta version are fixed now. You can download the new version here:
Last edited by Stanley Miller on 06 Sep 2007, edited 1 time in total.

gautama2

Postby gautama2 » 03 Sep 2007

Yeah, great. Thank you.

:D :D :D

TJ

Postby TJ » 07 Sep 2007

i am disappointed the transparent cross-hair label was not fixed.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 07 Sep 2007

Could you remind us what the problem is/was?

TJ

Postby TJ » 07 Sep 2007

Could you remind us what the problem is/was?
pls see this

http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.ph ... rent#13211

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 07 Sep 2007

Hi TJ,

Earlier we mentioned that we were going to add this option to our list of features to be considered.

It is still on our list. However, I cannot tell when this feature would be implemented.

BUGSY

Show Cross / Tracking Price and Time problem

Postby BUGSY » 08 Sep 2007

Show Cross and Tracking Price and Time with the Crosshair stops to work
after using it with 4 or 5 charts after a couple of minutes.

must restart programm to work with it again but stops to work again.....
Last edited by BUGSY on 09 Sep 2007, edited 1 time in total.

Sigma Trader

Re: MultiCharts 2.1 Beta

Postby Sigma Trader » 09 Sep 2007

:evil: [quote]UPDATE | 3 September 2007

After installing this beta it asks me for a registration number. After entering the number, it tells me the computer doesn't have an internet connection. But the computer does have a live internet connection because IB TWS is running, and esignal and TS run and the local area connection in the task bar shows traffic. Besides, it was necessary to have an internet connection to download it to the computer. What gives??????? :evil:

Sigma Trader

Re: MultiCharts 2.1 Beta

Postby Sigma Trader » 09 Sep 2007

:lol: Apparanlty the problem was the Sygate Personal Firewall needed reconfiguring for the new version.

:lol:
:evil:

After installing this beta it asks me for a registration number. After entering the number, it tells me the computer doesn't have an internet connection. But the computer does have a live internet connection because IB TWS is running, and esignal and TS run and the local area connection in the task bar shows traffic. Besides, it was necessary to have an internet connection to download it to the computer. What gives??????? :evil:

TJ

Postby TJ » 13 Sep 2007

Hi TJ,

Earlier we mentioned that we were going to add this option to our list of features to be considered.

It is still on our list. However, I cannot tell when this feature would be implemented.
one easy fix is to make the frame around the Date/Time a bit thicker, so that you can see the Date/Time stand out from the background.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 13 Sep 2007

Hello TJ,

If you are only worried about the Hint window being transparent (am I right?) you can change it: go to View and uncheck 'Transparent Hint'.

TJ

Postby TJ » 13 Sep 2007

Hello TJ,

If you are only worried about the Hint window being transparent (am I right?) you can change it: go to View and uncheck 'Transparent Hint'.
no, not the hint window, I know how to fix that.

I am talking about the "date/time" box on the bottom scale that moves with the cross hair. Of course the same goes for the price box for the horizontal hairline.

IT was very nice before, but a couple of release ago you changed the background color to transparent. Now it is very difficult to see.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 14 Sep 2007

Hi TJ,

I got it now. Actually, many of our users like it better when those small windows are transparent. However, we are going to think about adding the possibility to switch b/w transparent and opaque modes.

traderstuff

Postby traderstuff » 17 Oct 2007

Andrew Kirillov wrote July,2007
Unfortunately we underestimate importance of this issue. We will definitely introduce fractional scale in the next versions later this year.

Has this problem been fixed so that markets like the US Bonds can be charted correctly?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 17 Oct 2007

We still haven't implemented fractional price scale. And at the moment I can't give any ETA on when it's going to be ready.

Regerds.

traderstuff

Postby traderstuff » 18 Oct 2007

Thanks for the prompt reply Marina.
We still haven't implemented fractional price scale. And at the moment I can't give any ETA on when it's going to be ready.

Regerds.

Return to “MultiCharts”