Feature question

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
sgjohnson1981

Feature question

Postby sgjohnson1981 » 16 Oct 2022

Can either MC PL or MC.net indicators be written or changed to combine components of data1 and data2 similar to TS? Specifically, I'd like to combine bid/ask vol to get combined cumulative delta as well as combine volume for the footprint chart. I'd like to combine regular and micro futures contracts, or even different expirations. Thank you.

Polly MultiCharts

Re: Feature question

Postby Polly MultiCharts » 18 Oct 2022

Hello sgjohnson1981,

You can try plotting two series of data with Ask and Bid prices and applying the following indicator to them:

Code: Select all

var: VolData1(0); var: VolData2(0); VolData1 = ticks data1; VolData2 = ticks data2; Plot1(VolData1); Plot2(VolData2);
After that you can use VolData1 and VolData2 in the way that meets your needs.
For more info about creating SubCharts and Data please refer to the corresponding pages.
If you use MultiCharts .NET, please read this page for more info.

sgjohnson1981

Postby sgjohnson1981 » 03 Nov 2022

I don't think that would get me cumulative delta since that has to do with bid and ask volume, not ticks in general. How does MC derive cum delta for historical data if bid and ask volume are not available on historical data? This is the problem with having these things as types of charts rather than indicators. I can't look inside them and see how they work in order to create my own.

Polly MultiCharts

Postby Polly MultiCharts » 07 Nov 2022

Hello sgjohnson1981,

When you plot Cumulative or Volume Delta on a chart and choose ‘Ask Traded vs Bid Traded’ in the ‘Breakdown by’ field, three additional data series are downloaded: Ask, Bid and Trade. These series are analyzed and the Volume is defined.
When you choose ‘Up Ticks vs Down Ticks’ in the ‘Breakdown by’ field, only Trade data series is downloaded. According to the tick direction the tick status is defined. In this case, if there is no tick volume for historical data, no volume will be displayed.
More info is here: Volume Delta, Cumulative Delta.
If you’d like to use Volume Delta for levels, you can do it in MultiCharts .NET. To learn how please read this article.
For additional info you might want to check this forum thread.

syswizard

Postby syswizard » 07 Nov 2022

How does MC derive cum delta for historical data if bid and ask volume are not available on historical data? This is the problem with having these things as types of charts rather than indicators. I can't look inside them and see how they work in order to create my own.
That is correct....Bid/Ask Size and Bid/Ask price are not retained in the historical database. However, you can create your own C-Delta using these values and the result will plot correctly on realtime data.

sgjohnson1981

Postby sgjohnson1981 » 12 Nov 2022

I feel like my questions aren't being directly answered. I'm instead getting relevant(?) yet not terribly helpful explanations that might help or might not.

So is Ask/bid size on historical data from my data provider available via .NET or not? What does a "historical database" have to do with what MC can access from my data provider? What does "volume is defined" mean? Does that mean ask/bid size is a quote field accessible somehow from DataLoader? The webpage for DataLoader doesn't say.

sgjohnson1981

Postby sgjohnson1981 » 12 Nov 2022

I may not have been clear in the initial question. I presumed by combining cumulative delta from different symbols it would have to be an indicator, not a chart type. I need to access the data used to build cumulative delta from within an indicator. Maybe that's why I'm confused by the answers so far.

syswizard

Postby syswizard » 14 Nov 2022

I may not have been clear in the initial question. I presumed by combining cumulative delta from different symbols it would have to be an indicator, not a chart type.
Correct. You'll need to create a chart with multiple symbols, each one representing Data(1), Data(2). Data(3), etc.
Then you'll need to average all of the Data's to create a single indicator.

Polly MultiCharts

Postby Polly MultiCharts » 14 Nov 2022

sgjohnson1981,

If your data vendor provides Ask/Bid data, it should be available through DataLoader in MultiCharts .NET. You can check if data is available by plotting the chart with the Ask or Bid data series (Format->Instrument->Settings tab->Chart settings section).
DataLoader is an indicator that can access Ask/Bid size as quote fields if they are provided by your data vendor.

Please specify your final goal in detail, so that we can advise you on that matter. Please send an illustration demonstrating what you’re trying to achieve. Also please specify what data vendor you’re using.

syswizard

Postby syswizard » 24 Nov 2022

sgjohnson1981,

If your data vendor provides Ask/Bid data, it should be available through DataLoader in MultiCharts .NET. You can check if data is available by plotting the chart with the Ask or Bid data series (Format->Instrument->Settings tab->Chart settings section).
DataLoader is an indicator that can access Ask/Bid size as quote fields if they are provided by your data vendor.
But this option is not available in regular Multicharts, correct ?

Polly MultiCharts

Postby Polly MultiCharts » 25 Nov 2022

syswizard,

That is correct, DataLoader is available only in MultiCharts .NET.

Return to “MultiCharts”