MultiCharts 15 Beta

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Kate MultiCharts

MultiCharts 15 Beta

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 30 Jan 2024

Dear Users,

We’re happy to announce that MultiCharts 15 Beta is now officially available!
Visit the Download webpage to install it and see what we’ve prepared for you. The Beta version can be installed on the same machine as the official release.

Here are the new features you can test out:
  1. Simulated Trading. Our Data Playback that you used to know is now totally upgraded. Now you can place trades on charts and in DOM using Level 1 and Level 2 data.
    Find more in our Wiki here.
  2. External Alerts. Stay updated about your trading events with new Telegram and Slack alerts.
    With our How to Set Up External Alerts guide you’ll get them working in no time.
Note: To test out the Simulated Trading capabilities, you can use our brand new built-in MultiCharts data source designed specifically for Simulated Trading. It provides sample data for various instruments.

Find more in our blog and What's New section.

eegroup

Re: MultiCharts 15 Beta

Postby eegroup » 30 Jan 2024

Hi Kate,

Just a point of clarification, when you say "The Beta version can be installed on the same machine as the official release."

Can the MultiCharts 15 Beta Version be installed on the same machine as a separate version from the official release of MultiCharts 14, without any conflicts? In other words, can they both simultaneously co-exist on the same machine, with the user selecting which version to run at any given time?

Thanks!

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 30 Jan 2024

Hi eegroup,

Yes, they'll exist as two separate apps.
Beta will have its own storage folders, settings, etc.

janus

Postby janus » 31 Jan 2024

What, still no IG Markets integration? That's very disappointing given it was targeted for MC 15 for a long time.

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 31 Jan 2024

Hello janus,

We’ve faced technical challenges working on the IG Markets integration, but our development team is doing their best to resolve them.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 07 Feb 2024

Hi eegroup,

yes but what about licencing ?

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 08 Feb 2024

Hi eegroup,

Hello Smoky!

You can use your license to log into the Beta version, but not while you’re simultaneously logged in with it in MultiCharts 14.
If you’d like to use both at the same time, we can add a temporary license to your account, please contact us at our support email to get it.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 08 Feb 2024

Hi eegroup,

Hello Smoky!

You can use your license to log into the Beta version, but not while you’re simultaneously logged in with it in MultiCharts 14.
If you’d like to use both at the same time, we can add a temporary license to your account, please contact us at our support email to get it.

Thanks i already have 3 lifetime licences

RolyT

Postby RolyT » 08 Feb 2024

Is there any plan to integrate TS as a both a broker as well as data source? That would be awesome given the poor stability and 32bit architecture limitations within the TS platform.

RolyT

Postby RolyT » 08 Feb 2024

Some feedback on the Beta that I've noticed while using in live trading... first is that the strategy properties don't save when you want to use as a default so you need to constantly re-enter on new charts, and I've also noticed the chart lost its connection to broker price updates from IB - I was still getting the data on the chart from TS for my algo but IB wasn't updating at all. Needed to reboot.

BB123

Postby BB123 » 08 Feb 2024

"Note: To test out the Simulated Trading capabilities, you can use our brand new built-in MultiCharts data source designed specifically for Simulated Trading. It provides sample data for various instruments."

So does this mean that you (multicharts) will be including back test data with 15? If that is true-- that would be GREAT... So i can use live data to trade with and use your back data to test with.. Right now the only problem i have with cqg is they only supply 30 days of history (not enough) and amp (my broker) is trying (with no luck) to get more back data from cqg.. So if you guys supply "test data" == whooo hooo ...

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 09 Feb 2024

Is there any plan to integrate TS as a both a broker as well as data source? That would be awesome given the poor stability and 32bit architecture limitations within the TS platform.
Hello,

Our developers are planning to evaluate the integration.

Kate MultiCharts

Some feedback on the Beta that I've noticed while using in live trading... first is that the strategy properties don't save when you want to use as a default so you need to constantly re-enter on new charts, and I've also noticed the chart lost its connection to broker price updates from IB - I was still getting the data on the chart from TS for my algo but IB wasn't updating at all. Needed to reboot.

“Use as Default” will be fixed in the next Beta release.

As for IB connection, please re-add the symbols both for IB and TS (QuoteManager → Instrument → Add Symbol → From Data Source) and re-configure symbol mapping.
Also, if you use the same IB software for multiple broker profiles in MC or for other software at the same time with MC, please make sure the Client ID is different for each connection.
Creating a new IB broker profile might also help.

If that doesn’t help, please send us a report so that we can check it.
Main MultiCharts window → Help → Feedback.
In the Feedback window select the following options:
  • Attach a screenshot;
  • Attach log files…;
  • Snapshot of the current MC setup;
  • Open workspaces…;
  • Upload collected data to Help Desk;
    uncheck other options and click Send.

Kate MultiCharts

"Note: To test out the Simulated Trading capabilities, you can use our brand new built-in MultiCharts data source designed specifically for Simulated Trading. It provides sample data for various instruments."

So does this mean that you (multicharts) will be including back test data with 15? If that is true-- that would be GREAT... So i can use live data to trade with and use your back data to test with.. Right now the only problem i have with cqg is they only supply 30 days of history (not enough) and amp (my broker) is trying (with no luck) to get more back data from cqg.. So if you guys supply "test data" == whooo hooo ...
MultiCharts data source is mostly intended for our users to get Level 1 and 2 data for Advanced Simulated Trading right away instead of collecting real-time L2 from their data provider.
At the moment there’s a week of tick data and a few months (the exact amount would vary depending on a symbol) of minute data available.

RolyT

Postby RolyT » 09 Feb 2024

I've also noticed in the Beta that the Power Language Editor gets very laggy if its been open for a while and there is a need to shut it down and re-open again. Not sure if this is also the case because I don't have firm benchmarks, but it also "feels" like optimization is running slower than before... for example, what used to take 15min previously seems to require 20min or more in the Beta version - this may also need to be checked. Thank you!

BD.

Postby BD. » 09 Feb 2024

On MC startup sound "Connected" is played even if you aren't actually connected. In comparison, MC 14 plays "Connecting".

+1 to this:
PS
let me know if this has to be posted in project management instead.

RolyT

Postby RolyT » 10 Feb 2024

Another improvement that would be a real time saver on walk forward optimization is if the walkforward had an option to generate a text file for the optimized walkforward parameters that could be copied/pasted into the power language code to enable a full visual of the walkforward equity curve.

RolyT

Postby RolyT » 11 Feb 2024

Another observation on the Beta... exporting the backtesting strategy performance reports seem to be incredibly slow - even when only exporting the trades list. Literally 50 x slower than exporting the equivalent full report from TS for the exact same system.

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 12 Feb 2024

I've also noticed in the Beta that the Power Language Editor gets very laggy if its been open for a while and there is a need to shut it down and re-open again. Not sure if this is also the case because I don't have firm benchmarks, but it also "feels" like optimization is running slower than before... for example, what used to take 15min previously seems to require 20min or more in the Beta version - this may also need to be checked. Thank you!
Hello,

Do you have any output producing logic (Prints) in your scripts? If you do, the PowerLanguage Editor lags might be related to the amount of Output lines. You can right-click the Output → Clear All.

We also do not recommend using output producing logic in scripts during optimization as it might slow it down.

Kate MultiCharts

On MC startup sound "Connected" is played even if you aren't actually connected. In comparison, MC 14 plays "Connecting".

+1 to this:
PS
let me know if this has to be posted in project management instead.
Please check your Trade Bar (View → Show Trade Bar) when you hear “Connected”. Most likely, there are broker profiles that already got connected and display green indication.

Kate MultiCharts

Another observation on the Beta... exporting the backtesting strategy performance reports seem to be incredibly slow - even when only exporting the trades list. Literally 50 x slower than exporting the equivalent full report from TS for the exact same system.
Strategy Performance Report export sometimes might take time because Excel API only allows for 1 line of data to be written at a time. So the time it takes for the report to be saved in Excel format depends on the amount of data in your report.

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 13 Feb 2024

Hi,

MultiCharts 15 Beta 2 is now available.
It includes the “Use as Default” fix as well as other fixes and improvements.

Return to “MultiCharts”