Closes out the entire position or the entry if the specified percentage of the maximum profit is lost after the profit has reached the specified value; generates the appropriate Stop order depending on whether the position is Long or Short.
For example, if the specified profit is $100 and the specified percentage is 50, and the profit has reached the maximum of $120, the position will be closed once the profit falls back to $60.
SetStopPosition and SetStopContract or SetStopShare functions determine whether SetPercentTrailing will be applied to the entire position or each contract or share individually; by default, SetPercentTrailing is applied to the entire position.
- Profit - a numerical expression, specifying the currency value of the profit that must be reached first.
- Percentage - a numerical expression, specifying the maximum loss of profit in percent.
- This function can only be used in signals.
- Use SetStopLoss to set a stop-loss for a position or SetProfitTarget to set a profit target.
- Use SetDollarTrailing for a fixed-amount currency trailing stop.
Generate an exit order for the entire position if 50 percent of maximum position profit is lost after the profit has reached $25:
SetStopPosition; SetPercentTrailing(25, 50);
Generate an exit order for the entry if 25 percent of maximum per share profit is lost after the profit has reached $5:
SetStopShare; SetPercentTrailing(5, 25);