MultiCharts 15 Release  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Kate MultiCharts

MultiCharts 15 Release

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 05 Mar 2024

Dear Users,

We’re happy to announce that MultiCharts 15 is now officially available!
Download and get started here to see what we’ve prepared for you.

Here are the new features you can test out:
  1. Simulated Trading. Data playback in MultiCharts was completely redesigned and transformed into the trading simulator — you can go back in time and use this time machine to improve your trading strategy. Trading simulator can use regular ask and bid data, as well as depth of market (Level 2) data. With the built-in Market Data Sim data, for a selected number of popular symbols, you can start simulated trading with just a few clicks.
    Find more in our Wiki here.
  2. External Alerts. Now you can receive alerts from MultiCharts not only by email, but also in Slack and Telegram.
    With our How to Set Up External Alerts guide you’ll get them working in no time.

Find more in our blog and What's New section.

janus

Re: MultiCharts 15 Release

Postby janus » 17 Mar 2024

A nice feature that appears to have gone is the ability to jump to a specific bar and end all charts on that bar. Then I can run my studies over a shorter period to save time. Then I stop them and click on "Go To Realtime" to go back to the original state to show all the data if I need to. Is it now done a different way? Now I had to manually set the data range for all my charts to that shorter term range, and pin them to the end date, and keep changing the data ranges if I decide to use a longer or shorter period. Is there a way to change the "From" and "To" dates across all charts in one go instead of doing it to each one individually?

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 18 Mar 2024

A nice feature that appears to have gone is the ability to jump to a specific bar and end all charts on that bar. Then I can run my studies over a shorter period to save time. Then I stop them and click on "Go To Realtime" to go back to the original state to show all the data if I need to. Is it now done a different way? Now I had to manually set the data range for all my charts to that shorter term range, and pin them to the end date, and keep changing the data ranges if I decide to use a longer or shorter period. Is there a way to change the "From" and "To" dates across all charts in one go instead of doing it to each one individually?
Hello janus,

You can enable the Workspace Mode (Format → Simulated Trading), set a starting point to begin simulation and pause the simulation.
When you need to get back to the whole chart, click the Go to Realtime button on your toolbar or in Format → Simulated Trading.
Please see a short video for reference here.

Zheka

Postby Zheka » 19 Mar 2024

Upon upgrade to MC 15, my Historical Data Download, scheduled daily, didn't complete.

There is nothing in the Historical Data Download Scheduler logs;
the Last Run result in Windows Task Scheduler: "The operator or administrator has refused the request (0x0800710E0)".

Windows 11.

Which folder permissions should i check?

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 19 Mar 2024

Upon upgrade to MC 15, my Historical Data Download, scheduled daily, didn't complete.

There is nothing in the Historical Data Download Scheduler logs;
the Last Run result in Windows Task Scheduler: "The operator or administrator has refused the request (0x0800710E0)".

Windows 11.

Which folder permissions should i check?
Hello Zheka,

The behaviour does not occur on our end. Historical Data Download Scheduler tasks work as expected after upgrading from MultiCharts 14 to MultiCharts 15.

Please follow these steps to troubleshoot:
  1. In QuoteManager → Tools → Historical Data Downloader Scheduler double-check your task settings and rename your task on the Schedule Settings tab.
  2. Make sure the Remember password (in the window where you enter your login and password) and Remember my choice (in the License Manager, if you have multiple licenses) boxes are checked. If you don’t see these windows when you open MultiCharts – the boxes are checked.
  3. Close all MultiCharts components and make sure there are no MC processes left in the Task Manager → Details tab → Description column.
  4. Open the Windows’ Task Scheduler: click the Windows Start and start typing “Task Scheduler”, it’ll pop up.
  5. Run your Historical Data Downloader Scheduler task there manually: select it in the Task Scheduler Library there and click Run on the Actions panel.
Check the Task Manager. If you see MultiCharts processes there, and the reported error occurs, please send us a Feedback report via Windows Start (start typing "Feedback", the app will pop up).
In the Feedback window select the following options:
  • Attach a screenshot;
  • Attach log files…;
  • Attach minidump for crash analysis;
  • Snapshot of the current MC setup;
  • Upload collected data to Help Desk;
    uncheck other options and click Send.
If you don’t see MultiCharts’ processes in the Task Manager after running your task – the issue is with the Windows’ Task Scheduler. You might want to look up more info about it online.

Zheka

Postby Zheka » 20 Mar 2024

Yesterday, following the advice on SO, i ensured that the User in the Task (in Win Task scheduler) is with the domain - i just selected the user again.

The task then ran properly , as before.

Zheka

Postby Zheka » 20 Mar 2024

With 2 historical data "collects" in progress, when i click on Stop Collecting in the dropdown menu, it shows an "empty" window indicating that no downloads are in progress...i guess the intention was to have an 'aggregated view" of the data downloads, giving ability to selectively cancel some....right?

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 20 Mar 2024

With 2 historical data "collects" in progress, when i click on Stop Collecting in the dropdown menu, it shows an "empty" window indicating that no downloads are in progress...i guess the intention was to have an 'aggregated view" of the data downloads, giving ability to selectively cancel some....right?
Zheka,

At the moment the Data Collecting Progress window does not display historical data downloading, only real-time and sample data collection.
But we're planning to change it in one of the future releases.

Zheka

Postby Zheka » 21 Mar 2024

May i suggest that the Data Range in the new Edit Data dialogue window be shown in bold, please?

The Start and End - in boxes - take all the attention and it is very difficult to discern what the dates for the existing data

Zheka

Postby Zheka » 25 Mar 2024

Another note on new UI: the all-white(background)/black fonts color scheme and spacing in Signal/Strategy properties worsens the legibility of it all....

In MC 14, settings/preferences were eye-friendlier. Please consider reverting.

Oh.. and those spaces in "Do you want to cancel strategy
optimization?"

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 26 Mar 2024

Zheka,

Our Properties windows now use Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), so we’d recommend adjusting your Windows Personalization settings to make these windows eye-friendlier for you.

As for other suggestions, I passed them to the development team for evaluation.

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 29 Mar 2024

After some days of using the new 15 release, I've had to roll back to the previous version due to continuous LAGs in the DOM and the executions of my trades. My Limits Orders were visible on DOM, but when the trade prices, passed over my limit exit order or entry order, it would stay visible NOT executed for seconds in the same position on DOM even if they were executed and only after many seconds I saw them executed in the DOM and in the order and Position tracker. If I moved my Limit orders higher or lower, it took seconds (sometimes more than 20 seconds) to see the same order in the new position. I use 4 instances of Multicharts, the same Desktops files used for years, created and saved with the previous releases of Multicharts. Instances with 3 or 4 workspaces for each instance/Desktop, based on tick chart analysis, Point charts, Volume analysis, and so ON (NOT only price, but with Volume indicators based on tick analysis). With the previous release, I Had no problem with LAG (MC 14 R10 and before).
I've an i9 20 cores CPU, 112 GB of RAM, and 2 RTX 2070 8Gb dedicated video cards. Yesterday I rolled back to MC 14 R10 and the LAGs disappeared. Probably the new SIM engine has a relevant impact on the regular functionality of the platform. MC 15 has a massive CPU and GPU utilization, about twice that of release 14. For now, I can't work with this new release

Zheka

Postby Zheka » 29 Mar 2024

Just stumbled again on a long-time annoyance with PLEditor:

Say, you have been working in a session with 15-20+ studies open and then closed PLEditor for the night. Your session is remembered and restored to the same state when you open PLEditor the next time. Great!

However, importing studies from a file when PLEditor is closed, 'cleans' up the previous session!

To get back to work, you need to get to the 'recent files' - which has a short memory (of 13, in what order?) - and open them one-by-one.

Asso, PLEditor doesn't remember your "window tiling' preference: it will open scripts in "Cascade", even though my last session was with "Maximize All". ( do we need Cascade anyway?)

Please make our lives easier.

Mark Brown

Postby Mark Brown » 29 Mar 2024

I've an i9 20 cores CPU, 112 GB of RAM, and 2 RTX 2070 8Gb dedicated video cards. Yesterday I rolled back to MC 14 R10 and the LAGs disappeared. Probably the new SIM engine has a relevant impact on the regular functionality of the platform. MC 15 has a massive CPU and GPU utilization, about twice that of release 14. For now, I can't work with this new release
24 core i9 128ram rtx 6090 - razer laptop

took me 30 minutes to roll back - how anyone can use it i don't know.

BD.

Postby BD. » 30 Mar 2024

Say, you have been working in a session with 15-20+ studies open and then closed PLEditor for the night. Your session is remembered and restored to the same state when you open PLEditor the next time. Great!

However, importing studies from a file when PLEditor is closed, 'cleans' up the previous session!

To get back to work, you need to get to the 'recent files' - which has a short memory (of 13, in what order?) - and open them one-by-one.

Asso, PLEditor doesn't remember your "window tiling' preference: it will open scripts in "Cascade", even though my last session was with "Maximize All". ( do we need Cascade anyway?)

PL Editor is extremely outdated. We can write all we want about small changes and tweaks but it won't make any (real) difference. And in reality this is a lot of work to make a good IDE with good functionality.

In my opinion MC can take a shortcut and make an extension for VS Code. With significantly less effort MC will then offer the most popular and powerful IDE. I created a topic for devs to review if it's possible to do that. If you agree, consider voting here: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/public/m ... es/MC-2893

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 04 Apr 2024

After some days of using the new 15 release, I've had to roll back to the previous version due to continuous LAGs in the DOM and the executions of my trades. My Limits Orders were visible on DOM, but when the trade prices, passed over my limit exit order or entry order, it would stay visible NOT executed for seconds in the same position on DOM even if they were executed and only after many seconds I saw them executed in the DOM and in the order and Position tracker. If I moved my Limit orders higher or lower, it took seconds (sometimes more than 20 seconds) to see the same order in the new position. I use 4 instances of Multicharts, the same Desktops files used for years, created and saved with the previous releases of Multicharts. Instances with 3 or 4 workspaces for each instance/Desktop, based on tick chart analysis, Point charts, Volume analysis, and so ON (NOT only price, but with Volume indicators based on tick analysis). With the previous release, I Had no problem with LAG (MC 14 R10 and before).
Hello CrazyNasdaq,

The behaviour is not reproduced on our end.
If it still happens in MultiCharts 14 or 15, please send us a Feedback report (main MultiCharts window → Help → Feedback) so that we could check it.

When reporting the behaviour with orders, select the following options in the Feedback window:
  • Attach a screenshot;
  • Attach log files…;
Also, please attach here or send to our support email screenshots demonstrating
  1. Problematic orders in Order and Position Tracker → Orders tab with Broker Order IDs and time visible.
  2. Load on the system in the Task Manager → Performance tab.

When reporting the behaviour with lags, please check the following boxes when sending a report:
  • Attach a screenshot;
  • Attach log files…;
  • Open workspaces…;
  • Active indicators...; (if you can’t share your scripts, reproduce the behaviour with built-in ones)
Also, please attach here or send to our support email screenshots demonstrating the load on the system in the Task Manager → Performance tab.

Kate MultiCharts

24 core i9 128ram rtx 6090 - razer laptop

took me 30 minutes to roll back - how anyone can use it i don't know.
Hello Mark,

If you experience any performance issues, please send us a Feedback report as described in my post above.

Kate MultiCharts

Hello Zheka,

I've forwarded it to our development team.

wzero

Postby wzero » 04 Apr 2024

Just unchecking the "Preferences/Misc/Charting/Show statues" setting reduce CPU/GPU usages a lot. Returns to MC 14 performance.

janus

Postby janus » 04 Apr 2024

PL Editor is extremely outdated. We can write all we want about small changes and tweaks but it won't make any (real) difference. And in reality this is a lot of work to make a good IDE with good functionality.

In my opinion MC can take a shortcut and make an extension for VS Code. With significantly less effort MC will then offer the most popular and powerful IDE. I created a topic for devs to review if it's possible to do that. If you agree, consider voting here: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/public/m ... es/MC-2893
Agree 100%. However, I no longer use PL Editor much - only for basic front-end code. Most of my coding is now done in a DLL using a very good IDE specifically designed for FreeBasic. It's called WinFBE. It's also a Windows GUI design tool much like Visual Studio. I don't like VS as it's too cumbersome. I could get used to it but WinFBE is so much simpler and easier to use, and it suits my purposes more than enough.

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 05 Apr 2024

Hello CrazyNasdaq,

The behaviour is not reproduced on our end.
If it still happens in MultiCharts 14 or 15, please send us a Feedback report (main MultiCharts window → Help → Feedback) so that we could check it.

When reporting the behaviour with orders, select the following options in the Feedback window:
  • Attach a screenshot;
  • Attach log files…;
Also, please attach here or send to our support email screenshots demonstrating
  1. Problematic orders in Order and Position Tracker → Orders tab with Broker Order IDs and time visible.
  2. Load on the system in the Task Manager → Performance tab.

When reporting the behaviour with lags, please check the following boxes when sending a report:
  • Attach a screenshot;
  • Attach log files…;
  • Open workspaces…;
  • Active indicators...; (if you can’t share your scripts, reproduce the behaviour with built-in ones)
Also, please attach here or send to our support email screenshots demonstrating the load on the system in the Task Manager → Performance tab.
Hi Kate, I've sent Log files, some videos, screenshots to the DEV support. I have just received an email with the Patch to fix the problem which has been identified to your end dev support.
Next hours I will reinstall/update to MC 15 and run the Patch FIX. I will let you know if it will run as it should after fixing the problem

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 05 Apr 2024

Dear Users,

If you experience performance issues in MultiCharts 15, please use the Update Patch app to install the improvement created by our development team.
If you still notice performance drops, please send us a Feedback report as described above in this thread.

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 05 Apr 2024

I've performed the update to MC 15 and applied the Patch update to fix the bug. Now it works as it should. No Lags at the moment

ivanf

Postby ivanf » 06 Apr 2024

Just upgraded to this version but now it can't read any of my Metastock files
" waiting for data not enough data "
was working fine of the previous version

ivanf

Re: MultiCharts 15 Release  [SOLVED]

Postby ivanf » 06 Apr 2024

other apps can read the MS data without a problem , so it looks like MC has the issue

update ---- installed all the patches and now seems fixed

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 08 Apr 2024

other apps can read the MS data without a problem , so it looks like MC has the issue

update ---- installed all the patches and now seems fixed
Hello ivanf,

Yes, our developers have fixed this Metastock behaviour.
The fix can be installed using the Update Patch.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 09 Apr 2024

agree 100 %

notepad ++ open sources https://github.com/notepad-plus-plus/notepad-plus-plus
should be nice with a Powerlangage plug-in
https://github.com/notepad-plus-plus/nppPluginList

maybe more easy to build only plug-in ...

janus

Postby janus » 09 Apr 2024

notepad ++ open sources https://github.com/notepad-plus-plus/notepad-plus-plus
should be nice with a Powerlangage plug-in
https://github.com/notepad-plus-plus/nppPluginList

maybe more easy to build only plug-in ...
Interesting. I tried to look for a plugin for Eclipse, which is a much better environment for program development but couldn't find one. It's worth building a plug-in for Eclipse as it's used extensively in many other environments. Here's a brief description of Eclipse and who they are:

The Eclipse Foundation provides our global community of individuals and organisations with a business-friendly environment for open source software collaboration and innovation. We host the Eclipse IDE, Adoptium, Software Defined Vehicle, Jakarta EE, and over 410+ open source projects, including runtimes, tools, specifications, and frameworks for cloud and edge applications, IoT, AI, automotive, systems engineering, open processor designs, and many others. Headquartered in Brussels, Belgium, the Eclipse Foundation is an international non-profit association supported by over 360 members.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 09 Apr 2024

@Janus

https://github.com/sunjw/jstoolnpp

maybe can help You

Regards

janus

Postby janus » 09 Apr 2024

@Janus

https://github.com/sunjw/jstoolnpp

maybe can help You

Regards
Thanks but I was making a general suggestion for all users, not for myself. As I stated before, I no longer do a lot of programming in PowerLanguage. All the serious work is done using WinFBE and Freebasic via a DLL. Satisfies my requirements very well, especially if I ever need to migrate to another trading platform, which I doubt at this stage. My code also runs a lot faster than if it was all written in PL. I've done many tests to prove it.

jek

Postby jek » 21 Apr 2024

Are the update patches incorporated into the current downloadable release or do they still need to be applied on top of it?

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 21 Apr 2024

Update Patch are build quikly to solve an issue without waiting a new release.

All previous patchs are include in a new release...

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 22 Apr 2024

Are the update patches incorporated into the current downloadable release or do they still need to be applied on top of it?
Hello jek,

Smoky correctly mentioned that all the fixes and improvements from previous versions are now built into the latest release.
To install new fixes and improvements that we've added since MultiCharts 15 release, you can use the Update Patch.

Return to “MultiCharts”