Data and dom problem in 15

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
jzshen

Data and dom problem in 15

Postby jzshen » 24 Mar 2024

After updating to version 15, I have serious data delay issues.

Setup: my Multicharts.net is concurrently working with two parts of data system: one is IB TWS, and the other is local DDE data server. The total instruments displayed is around 70, with no need of IB data booster.

Problem: There's heavy display delay in DOM. Orders are properly placed to TWS, but it's not displayed in Multicharts DOM for at least couple of minutes. (No positions, no P/L & no stop order). Meanwhile, some of the instrument charts are freezing, mainly from IB. The latest market data are not properly painted. Sometimes, I got a warning with sth. like "high CPU usage in UI". Sometimes, there's no warning at all.

I was running the same system setup with version 14, and there were no problems at all. Have you changed software painting (buffering) mechanism? Any idea on potential fix to this problem?

Thanks,

DonDuck

Re: Data and dom problem in 15

Postby DonDuck » 26 Mar 2024

I have also been experiencing data / chart drawing performance issues since updating to .NET 15.0.

Thanks.

jzshen

Postby jzshen » 04 Apr 2024

The problem exists consistently, which is quite annoying. Without error message, how could I report this problem?

Polly MultiCharts

Postby Polly MultiCharts » 12 Apr 2024

Dear users,

Our developers are currently working on improving this situation.
In the meantime you can install all the latest fixes via our Update Patch.

fcogneaux

Postby fcogneaux » 19 Apr 2024

Same problem here, even after having applied all the patches (to date).
The Order and Position Tracker is terribly delayed (several dozen of seconds) and the orders are refreshed on the chart a long time after having been executed.
Unusable in production, had to downgrade to v14.
It's concerning that MC releases something so dysfunctional, letting its clients doing the tests. :(

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”