15.0 build 26125 fails to get latest free and ascii quotes

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
cwelch

15.0 build 26125 fails to get latest free and ascii quotes

Postby cwelch » 09 May 2024

This got broken for me when I upgraded to 15.0 26125.

Take a simple free quote index, like the NASDAQ ^IXIC and chart it. I used to be able to .rld it during the day and it would pick up the latest quotes so I could see the index evolve as the day goes along.

This doesn't work anymore, it never displays the current data with .rld. I have to close and reopen Multicharts for it to pick up the latest quote. I now have this problem with both Free and ASCII quote data sources.

I go into QuoteManager, right click and use Edit Data and it also is missing the current quote for both Free and ASCII data sets. I can open the ASCII file and see it has a more current quote than what Multicharts picks up. It doesn't get loaded. Multicharts seems to get stuck on what ever it picked up when I opened the application.

This worked in all the previous versions of Multicharts that I've used.

Is there anyway to correct this? I use this a lot so I'm going to go back to the version I was previously using if this can't be solved.

Thanks in advance.

cwelch

Re: 15.0 build 26125 fails to get latest free and ascii quotes

Postby cwelch » 09 May 2024

I've tried using .rld, .rld glob and View/Reload/Reload All Data (Ctrl-R).

All fail to get the latest data, it remains stuck on the data that was loaded when it was first started.

cwelch

Postby cwelch » 10 May 2024

.rld glob works late in day, I ran it around 7:00 PM, but doesn't show latest quotes while markets are open. Multicharts version 15 build 26125 has to be closed and reopened if I want to see updated data during the day. I monitor a lot of stocks, so this isn't practical, it takes a lot of time where as I can just do a simple .rld with the previous release I used and everything works as expected.

I've reverted to version 14 build 25793, the previous release I was using and .rld or Ctrl-R works fine again.

The problem I'm encountering is a bug with version 15 26125.

Double check your chart with another source after a refresh as you may not be seeing the latest quotes if you are using ASCII or Free quote sources. I only use ASCII/Free sources for monitoring indices, but can't see the latest quote values while the markets are open.

tc12345

Postby tc12345 » 31 May 2024

Is the fix coming for this?

cwelch

Postby cwelch » 31 May 2024

No one has contacted me or provided feedback.

This problem is a is a show stopper problem for me and a very easily reproduced bug in version 15 26125 so I continue to stay using version 14 build 25793. I like to leave Multicharts open during the day and refresh the NASDAQ 100 using free quotes periodically, for example. 15 26125 won't update with the latest value at that point.

I may install both versions to work around the problem, but I haven't seen anything compelling for me to use in 15 26125.

Polly MultiCharts

Postby Polly MultiCharts » 05 Jun 2024

Hello cwelch,

First of all, please install all the recent fixes and improvements for MultiCharts 15 via Update Patch. To run the Update Patch please go to Windows Start → MultiCharts folder or type "Update Patch" in the Windows search bar.
See How to Use Update Patch for more info.

If it doesn’t help, please send us logs via the main MultiCharts window → Help → Feedback.
Please select the options:
  • Attach a screenshot;
  • Attach log files…;
  • Snapshot of the current MC setup;
  • Upload collected data to help desk;
uncheck other options and click Send.

cwelch

Postby cwelch » 05 Jun 2024

Thanks for the update, Quick note I had installed all recent fixes for MultiCharts 15 via Update Patch but it still has this data problem failing to use the latest with Free Quotes and ASCII data if Multicharts 15 has been left running and you attempt to refresh a chart during normal trading hours.

I had to run "Update Patch" on Multicharts 15 to fix another bug I previously encountered with MultCharts 15 failing to read Metastock data.

Unfortunately, due to the bugs I've encountered with MultiCharts 15, I've spent a lot of time investigating problems with MultiCharts 15. I don't have time at this point to pursue further investigations given I've already lost a lot of time with MultiCharts 15 and bugs it has had.

v14 is working fine for me and I'd rather spend time working on my investing than spending more time with bugs I've encountered in MultiCharts 15.

I'll follow your suggestions when I get into a quieter period as I'm also recovering from a serious injury and I don't want to work on problems with Mulitcharts 15 again.

I've already lost a lot of time and been very frustrated with bugs in Multicharts 15 and I don't have those problems in Multicharts 14.

Return to “MultiCharts”