We have just significantly improved Cumulative Delta analysis in MultiCharts.
Based on the input received from a large group of traders interested in Cumulative Delta analysis with MultiCharts, we produced an update that ensures correct calculation of Cumulative Delta studies on historical data from IQFeed. The calculations were not carried out correctly because historical minute and daily bars are usually based on only open, high, low and close values – this lacking the ticks necessary for the calculation. This update allows constructing historical bars based on ticks, there is now a box available that turns this option on or off.
1. Make sure MultiCharts is closed.
2. Download the ZIP archive to your computer from here.
3. Unzip the archive with a program of your choice (a good free program is 7zip – www.7-zip.org)
4. Copy the file to the Datafeeds folder, which is located in the directory where you installed MultiCharts.
5. Replace the existing file with the new one.
Note: Typical file path for the necessary folder in Windows 7 is – “C:\Program Files\TS Support\MultiCharts\Datafeeds”. You can simply search for the folder by its name if you can’t find it. No viruses were found in this file prior to uploading. This update concerns MultiCharts 6 only, it will be automatically included in the upcoming MultiCharts 7.