Introducing brand new MultiCharts 10.0 Beta 1! Completely new design and cool new features that will make the workflow easier and more pleasant.
MultiCharts now supports 4K resolution!
Retina quality charting is now available in MultiCharts. Windows 10 and 4K resolution gave us possibility to display large objects crisp and clear with different dots per inch settings. It took literally thousands of changes to make every graphic object readable and clear when using high screen resolutions.
Completely new design
MultiCharts inherits Windows 10 style so all the objects and icons have been re-designed and improved. The new icons of our platform have a flat look which is reminiscent of the design approach taken by recent version of Windows OS.
Emulated Stop and Stop-Limit orders
One can now switch between native and emulated Stop and Stop-Limit orders for both auto trading and manual trading. This feature requires real-time data subscription on your broker account.
Optimization Progress window now provides the ability to Pause/Resume the optimization procedure to free CPU resources.
Bulk ASCII Export
QuoteManager now has ability to export data for multiple symbols into ASCII format in one go.
1/10000000 Price Scale is now available
7 decimal places price precision is now available in the instrument settings to support the Japanese Yen futures and South Korean Won currency pairs trading.
Annual Return & Annualized Sharpe Ratio
Added new Performance Report metrics: Annual Return & Annualized Sharpe Ratio.
Compare source code in Script Editor
Power Language Editor now has the new option “Compare source code” upon importing a study with open source code. Now you can see the changes before overwriting the code.
Interactive Brokers: Improved Position Display
Improved position information when trading the same instrument on different exchanges.
“Int64” data type is now supported
Read below for more!
Stay tuned for more cool stuff in the upcoming Beta 2!
BUGS FIXED & IMPROVEMENTS:
- QuoteManager now has ability to export data for multiple symbols into ASCII format in one go. Learn more here: http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-1553
- Session Break is now plotted correctly on a Renko chart if you leave it running overnight. Learn more here: http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49614
- Interactive Brokers: Сhg and %Сhg values are now calculated for Forex pairs.
- Interactive Brokers: MidPoint is now supported for Forex when Quote field is set to Trade. Realtime updates are streamed by the data feed once in 5 seconds! Learn more:
- IQFeed: improved symbol lookup when “Exchange” filter is used.
- Fixed bug in which Ask/Bid values could stop updating on the Chart Trading Panel if MultiCharts is running for days without a restart.
- DaysBack request now returns the correct amount of bars when “Build From Minutes” option is enabled.
- Interactive Brokers: improved position information when trading the same symbol on different exchanges.
- Interactive Brokers: rectified false reject messages that appeared after “Order rejected – reason:Cannot modify the filled order” message.
- Rithmic 01: improved Realized PnL calculation for connection left overnight.
- OANDA: Realized PnL value received from the broker now has the correct currency sign.
- OANDA. Realized PnL from the Positions History now matches with the Manual Trading Report.
- LMAX: multiple improvements for providing more precise information in Order and Position Tracker window Positions History tab.
- CQG: no new reconnection attempts after “Trader is not enabled” message is received.
- Paper Trader profile now has Margin settings.
- BackTesting Assumptions now have the Time in Force option for even more precise and flexible backtesting. Learn more: http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46842#p116726
- Added new Performance Report metrics: Annual Return & Annualized Sharpe Ratio.
- SessionLastBar now returns the correct value even if there is no realtime data and the bar is forcibly closed after timeout.
- RecalcLastBarAfter was not triggered after “Assign the initial market position” window was shown.
- Power Language Editor now has the new option “Compare source code” upon importing a study with open source code
- Power Language Editor can now export studies into a location that has non-English characters in the path, but the OS language is English.
- Made some changes to fix the difference between the Chart Backtest and Portfolio Backtest. More info: http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=49393
- UpTicks & DownTicks for the Volume Delta & Cumulative Delta chart types are now available in the code. Learn more: http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-1437
- Drawings placed from the code no longer have “Anchor to bars” enabled by default.
- New reserved words introduced for placing drawings with the “Anchor to bars” enabled: “tl_anchor_to_bars”, “tl_get_anchor_to_bars”, “text_anchor_to_bars”, “text_get_anchor_to_bars”, “arw_anchor_to_bars”, “arw_get_anchor_to_bars”.”
- Dependent Functions are now exported (when the corresponding option is selected) even if they are used only in the study inputs.
- “Int64” data type is now supported. Learn more here: http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-1097
- Added new reserved word “GetRTSymbolName” that returns the real-time symbol name in case the “Merge data sources” option is enabled. In case of a custom futures instrument – the name of the last contract is returned.
- Added new reserved words “OptionType”, “,Strike” and constants “Put”, “Call” for accessing the option instruments settings from the code.
- Fixed tricky Exception that could appear upon simultaneous order fill event and ChangeMarketPosition execution upon auto trading shutdown.
- Fixed memory leak when performing optimization with some special orders in the signals.
- Fixed Exception that could appear under unknown circumstances in the Portfolio Trader.
- Signal inputs are now displayed in the Strategy Performance Report window.
- Volume Profile is now displayed correctly on charts with the “Merge data sources” option enabled.
- The number of contracts is now pre-highlighted in the Trading Calculator window called from the Chart Trading panel/Trade Bar/DOM window.
- Rectified issue with Volume Profile not updating in realtime when Start/End mode with Stick option is used.
- Quote Manager’s “ASCII Data Import” window now shows all controls correctly when OS Display Scaling is set to 125%.
- Quote Manager window now preserves the column width configured by the user.
- Order and Position Tracker window now correctly displays the “1/32 and S of 32nd” price scale values.
- Optimization Progress window now provides the ability to Pause/Resume the optimization procedure. More info: http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-847
- One can now assign keyboard shortcuts for the “Remove All Drawings” “Remove All Visible Drawings”, “Clone Drawing” options and also for opening the “Manage Broker Profiles” window.
- It is now possible to copy multiple symbols from the MultiCharts Scanner window and paste them into the Portfolio Trader (or vice versa). More info: http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49570
- In case some symbols failed to load the data in Portfolio Trader – “Loading Data” window now shows the complete list of such symbols and allows to copy them to clipboard.
- Hint window now shows the UpVol & DownVol values for the Volume Delta & Cumulative Delta chart types.