MultiCharts 8.0 Release Candidate is one of the last versions before the release. It’s pretty much the release version, a last chance to iron out any bugs. Any beta testers are asked to report found issues through the PM, so we can correct before the release. Making sure all features work, and that there are as few bugs as possible.
USE OUR NEW WIKI FOR COMPLETE UP TO DATE INFORMATION ON MULTICHARTS – http://www.multicharts.com/trading-software/index.php/Main_Page
Report bugs and request features in our Project Management system – http://www.multicharts.com/pm/.
CQG Data Feed and Broker Added
Something exciting – we’ve added the CQG data feed and broker. We are happy to partner with CQG and AMP Global Clearing to bring you this offering, which includes unparalleled quality in real-time data and long historical backfill. The connection of CQG+MultiCharts is available exclusively through AMP Global Clearing, so you need to sign up for a demo there if you want to try it.
*NOTE* – To use CQG with MC
1. Download and install CQG Trader – ftp://ftp.cqg.com/CQG%20Trader/English/CQG_en-US_production_V4.03.312_InstallWithAutoUpgrade.msi. Don’t run it after install.
2. Register at Amp Global Clearing to get demo login/password – http://www.ampclearing.com/multicharts.html
3. Enter the password you get in QuoteManager for the data feed, and in the broker profile for trading.
Compact Mode and Extended Mode for DOM
New options for DOM window – extended mode and compact mode. Extended mode stretches DOM from top to bottom of your screen, and Compact mode shows a more compact trade panel.
Interactive Brokers CFD Support
Added support for Contract For Difference (CFD) for Interactive Brokers.
Order and Position Tracker Improvements
Search function added to Order and Position Tracker. Added support for copying (Ctrl+C) cells within Order and Position Tracker. Added support for Ctrl+Home (Ctrl+End) hotkeys in Order and Position Tracker. Ctrl+Home moves cursor to first line with info, Ctrl+End moves it to last line with info. Added “Select All” option to the context menu in Market Scanner and Order & Position Tracker.
Improtant support change – Send Logs feature was added for easier support. It is located in MultiCharts -> Help. Simply click this button to send us your logs when technical support requests them.
- It’s now possible to use percent (%) for creating Better Renko bars.
- It’s now possible to build Better Renko bars from all resolutions, namely Tick, Minute, Second, Hour, Day, Week, Month, Quarter, Year.
- Verified accuracy of BarType information for built-in studies that calculate volume based on BarType.
- Improved response time when cancelling orders through Interactive Brokers.
- Renamed some Keyboard Shortcut commands. Show Snap Mode -> Snap Mode, Show Tracking Time and Price -> Tracking Time and Price, Show Tracking Time -> Tracking Time.
- Added exchanges for Northern European data provider TradeNode.
- Added support for sorting by any column in the Add Symbol dialog window.
- Improved MultiCharts’ starting time when launching.
- Crosshair is now shown while creating drawings.
- MCFX data feed would not reconnect after a network disconnect on 64-bit MultiCharts.
- Better Renko bars (with wick) were not constructed properly in last build. More info here – http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-944.
- Trading Technologies price multiplier feature broke in beta 3.
- ASCII Mapping was not working correctly. More info here – http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-941.
- PFGBEST symbols would double and real-time would not work for the second symbol.
- Brackets exit strategy placed 4 orders instead of two, which caused a flip in position as opposed to closing.
- Limit orders did not cancel after time limit specified.
- Orders would sometimes be stuck in PreCancelled mode even though they were canceled at the broker.
- Stop and Stop-Limit were not modified on first bar during autotrading.
- RecalcLastBar no longer worked in Beta 3. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10324#p50078 and here – http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-940.
- Signals that use “next open” incorrectly calculated in real-time for slow-ticking symbols (each time-based bar had one tick on average).
- Error when trying to access DOM data for symbol other than the base data series.
- Exception when connecting PFG profile.
- Exception when receiving symbol list and switching column sorting at the same time.
- Exception in MultiCharts.exe process on a 64-bit machine.
- Exception when compiling a study.
- Order records sometimes visually doubled in Order in Position Tracker when trading through Patsystems.
- OCO orders would sometimes be reflected as Manual when autotrading through Patsystems.
- Orders appeared to be sent with the wrong price in Order and Position Tracker.
- Strategy Reports in XML file had unintended symbols instead of proper strings.
- Impossible to import a specific ASCII file; the OK button was disabled.
- MultiCharts authorization through an HTTPS proxy broke.
- Copying and pasting did not work correctly in Market Scanner windows. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10324&p=50035#p50034