MultiCharts 8.5 Beta 1 features all-new Volume Delta and Cumulative Delta chart types, Volume Profile built from the ground up, TimePriceOpportunity built-in indicator and increased overall stability and performance. New flexible commission rules allow setting virtually any commission structure for accurate backtesting. Order and Position tracker has two new tabs – “Alerts” and “Market Position History at Broker”.
Make sure you ask our support if you have any questions.
Wiki for Complete Information on MultiCharts
Report Bugs and Request Features in the Project Management System – http://www.multicharts.com/pm/
Volume Delta chart type
Volume Delta (comparable to FootPrint®* chart) chart type is now available. This chart lets you see how many trades were done at ask and bid on each price level within a bar. The bars look like boxes with appropriate numbers displayed within them. There are two calculation methods: “Ask Traded vs Bid Traded” and “Up Ticks vs Down Ticks”. Three display options available: “Bid and Ask Volume”, “Total Volume”, and “Delta (Ask – Bid Volume)”. You can also the numbers as percent.
Complete Volume Delta description – http://www.multicharts.com/trading-software/index.php/Volume_Delta
Cumulative Delta chart type
Cumulative Delta (also known as CD chart) chart type is now available. Cumulative Delta is based on direction-based volume accumulation, not on price. The scale of the chart shows volume and bars represent accumulated delta (buy – sell) of the volume for specified resolution. In trending markets CD will move into positive or negative values, while it will oscillate around zero in non-trending markets.
Complete Cumulative Delta description – http://www.multicharts.com/trading-software/index.php/Cumulative_Delta
Volume Profile (also known as VP) was complete rethought and built from the ground up. It’s now an advanced chart attribute with multiple options and display methods, and it’s available on every chart. Volume Profile tracks trading activity volume across different price levels and varying time length.
Complete Volume Profile description – http://www.multicharts.com/trading-software/index.php/Volume_Profile
TimePriceOpportunity (TPO) indicator available
TimePriceOpportunity (comparable to MarketProfile®** indicator) is an indicator that is similar to Volume Profile, but typically with slightly different price levels of importance. Letters are used to symbolize time brackets. The trading day is divided into 30 minute periods, called Time Price Opportunities, or TPO’s. Each time the market trades at a price that hasn’t occurred in a prior TPO, a letter is marked at that price. One of the potential uses is to help identify prices that have form resistance and support levels.
More info and indicator source here – http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10872
Flexible Commission Rules
You can now add flexible commission rules to make backtesting more precise. With varying combinations, it’s now possible to account for virtually any commission setup around the globe. Commissions can be set though a new window in Strategy Properties. Rule options include calculating commission in real-time, after every trade or once every day, resetting volume counter after every trade/monthly, commission limits and per Trade/Contract modes in dollar amounts and percent.
Complete Commissions description – http://www.multicharts.com/trading-software/index.php/Commissions
Choose your currency for calculating PnL
You can now see PnL calculated and displayed in the currency of your choice. If you want to see PnL in JPY for instance, changes will be seen on charts, DOM and in the Order and Position Tracker. Current exchange rates are continuously pulled from our FX servers, so there’s no need to enter the conversion rate manually.
Order and Position Tracker improvements
“Market Position History at Broker” tab was added to OPT. It tracks how MP changed over time directly on the account. This helps resolve any questions as to why an order could have been sent for X contracts, but the MP changed for Y contracts.
“Alerts” tab was added to OPT. It tracks and displays all alerts generated by scripts. Essentially, it provides a complete history of all alerts generated by scripts, so you don’t need to worry about missing an alert.
Second-by-second playback for 64-bit MultiCharts
Second-by-second mode for Data Playback was added to 64-bit MultiCharts
WeBank data feed and broker added
WeBank was established in 1999 and is one of the leading Italian banks and online brokerages with over 80,000 clients.
Quick access dropdown was added to the chart for recently used symbols and resolutions. You can now quickly switch between symbols and resolution directly from the Status Line of the chart.
- New service window (permanently attachable, like the Data Window) was added for the Scanner.
- Symbol Linking is now available in the Depth of Market (DOM).
- Ability to draw a horizontal or vertical TrendLine when holding down CTRL. More info here – http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-960.
- CQG indexes are now supported.
- Now only orders that were actually modified are changed in OCO groups (either emulated or native), as opposed to previous behavior of updating all orders. More info here – http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8810&p=51029#p50682.
- Timeout can now be specified manually in the broker profile for Interactive Brokers. This helps if you get the following message from IB: “Didn’t receive final status for the order”, and you’d like to increase the waiting time.
- New status was added for order that were NOT confirmed by the user – “Ignored”.
- Compact mode for DOM window now shows Entry Price along with size of the position.
- Added Sessions category to the HotKeys menu with two menu choices: “Use Default Session” and “Use 24/7 Session”. More info here – http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10639#p53511.
- Open PnL for Interactive Brokers is now calculated using mapping.
- It’s now possible to sort by Error column field to reduce time looking for errors.
- Separate Trading Limit Account is now supported through Interactive Brokers profile.
- Proprietary Trading Group account support was added for Interactive Brokers profile.
- When “Generate a new tick if Total Volume changes” option is turned on for Interactive Brokers data feed, the first tick of the session is no longer generated if opening price hasn’t arrived yet.
- Autotrading is now automatically turned on in workspaces in which it was enabled during shutdown. The user will be prompted for confirmation prior to start of autotrading, This is convenient for workspaces that have multiple charts enabled for autotrading.
- DOM in Dynamic mode is now always centered on the average price between latest ask and bid prices, and not on the Last price.
- New button “Turn AutoTrading Off” was added on the Order Confirmation dialog.
- Anchor button was added to lock in the last date in the “From-To” range in the Strategy Properties window.
- Custom Futures now supports symbols with the following format – “NIFTY10APRFUT” using Interactive Brokers data provider.
- Optimization speed was increased. More info here – http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10710.
- New upgraded API is used for LMAX data feed and broker.
- One contract for LMAX broker is now a Micro lot.
- Ask/Bid with volume of AskSize/BidSize equal to zero or not equal to -1 are now filtered.
- XAUUSDO.COMP and XAGUSDO.COMP (Precious Metals) symbols were added to the Symbol Search for IQFeed. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11011&sid=0fbdc9d10ec47b3c29383a80194873f0#p54393
- Attempts to reconnect to ZenFire now stop after receiving error: “access denied”.
- Added a Symbol Dictionary for Bloomberg (MC PRO only).
- Updated Symbol Search for Bloomberg API (MC PRO only).
- Added a Settings dialog to Bloomberg data feed to switch between “Local” and “Exchange” times (MC PRO only).
- Symbol Dictionary settings were updated for @BO#, @S# and @W# (Grains Futures, IQFeed). More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11068
- Market Depth on Chart indicator is now limited to 40 levels.
- UpVolume and DownVolume were shown incorrectly for ZenFire data feed.
- Daily bar was not closed at the end of the session, even when the timeout expired.
- Problem when using data merging between OpenECry data feed and ZenFire Local Sim broker profile – ask/bid prices weren’t showing up.
- No real-time data for CQG if time zone chosen for chart is GMT+5:30.
- MultiCharts 8 could not read data from a database created in MultiCharts 6.
- Data could not be received for symbol TEF, category CFD, SMART exchange.
- Fixed backfilling on charts with Custom Futures symbols from Interactive Brokers.
- Sometimes impossible to create charts for expired contracts for CQG.
- Not all charts are plotted when using ASCII Mapping data feed in Offline mode on MultiCharts 64-bit.
- Custom Futures contracts for OpenECry didn’t work when Online server mode is chosen.
- Fixed incorrect historical volume values from IQFeed. More info here – http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10518&p=51767#p51461.
- Root values for certain Quik futures automatically changed to lowercase in Symbol Dictionary and Edit Instrument, rendering them unusable.
- Symbol Dictionary for some data providers showed incorrect setting for the ZB symbol root.
- Renko bars had incorrect volume in real-time.
- Historical symbol was not displayed when Data Merging was enabled on the chart.
- Drawing coordinates would shift during scaling if the latest drawing coordinate was placed beyond the last bar.
- Drawings with Snap Mode enabled sometimes did not connect to actual High and Low values of the bar. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-988.
- Situation when orders are canceled by the broker through ZenFire profile (i.e. there is no callback ID through the API) were not handled correctly.
- Sometimes exit strategies with enabled “auto-apply” did not work the first time after connecting a broker profile.
- Market Position did not arrive for Trading Technologies broker profile.
- Orders could not be sent for symbol TEF, category CFD, SMART exchange.
- Stop order price was incorrectly shown in MultiCharts for MB Trading broker profile if the order was sent from another application.
- Orders could modify incorrectly when scaling was changed on the chart. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11057.
- PnL didn’t change when trading through Rithmic(ZenFire) Local Sim with Price Scale = 1/1000000
- Stop order that could not be filled was filled at the Trading Technologies broker after changing Stop-Limit order to a Limit.
- Manual inactive orders didn’t always get placed at the price specified by the user.
- Emulation of OCO exit orders did not work. One order was not cancelled when other was filled.
- Problems if orders were sent to Trading Technologies with an incorrect account number.
- Account information did not update if there was no trading activity for the OpenECry broker profile.
- Limit orders did not fill on the last tick of the bar (1 Tick Magnifier). More info here – http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10708.
- Price orders were being sent right after turning on autotrading in-between sessions.
- Sometimes impossible to place orders after creating a chart for CQG.
- Orders were placed again when they shouldn’t have after calculating on several price series.
- Orders were filled at unusual prices on ZenFire Local Sim after 4 pm.
- Quantity Filled in Order and Position Tracker was incorrectly displayed if a partial fill occurred during a connection loss.
- PlaceMarketOrder can now send orders when the bar is closed but is recalculated using RecalcLastBarAfter.
- Indicator on several data series stops calculating with the Contract resolution
- MouseClickCtrlPressed and MouseClickShiftPressed keywords would not reset after using recalculate, causing a cyclical lockup of the study. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11115.
- PowerLanguage issue with MarketDepthOnChart indicator where not all levels would be shown. More info here – http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-1118.
- Some strategies calculated fine on individual charts and did not calculate in Portfolio Backtester.
- Deadlock when changing signal status if the Strategy Performance Report is open.
- Some keywords that compiled in 7.4 stopped compiling in MultiCharts 8. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10849.
- Incorrect results in the Max Intraday Drawdown column in the Optimization Report.
- Plot did not disappear in the Market Scanner after NoPlot() was executed.
- ReadOnly studies and functions were not replaced when importing PLA archives.
- PosTradeEntryDateTime keyword returned approximate order generation time instead of accurate order fill time.
- IntrabarOrderGeneration was incorrectly calculated in some instances.
- DollarPerTrade defined the number of contracts for market orders differently in Portfolio Backtester and on a regular chart.
- When Slippage or Commission is enabled in Strategy Properties, “All Trades” field did not equal the sum of “Long Trades” and “Short Trades” in the Strategy Performance Report. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-1131.
- PosTradeIsOpen and PosTradeIsLong keywords did not work as was described in the Help file. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10743.
- Issues with average fill price and calculation of Strategy Performance Report.
- Sometimes maxbarsback value did not influence “crosses over” calculation. More info here – http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10593#p51941.
- Dependent functions were exported in PowerLanguageEditor even when the option not to export was chosen.
- PowerLanguage studies did not compile in MultiCharts when used with Windows 8.
- Assert in study_runner when using an indicator on several data series stops calculating with the Contract resolution.
- Exception in MultiCharts64.exe when compiling applied study.
- Exception when trying to send an email alert.
- MultiCharts processes would sometimes hang when closing workspaces or the application.
- Exception in ATCenterServer when folder structure with Order and Position Tracker logs is changed.
- Exception when switching between connected broker profiles.
- Memory leak in tsServer.exe when creating a new tick chart for a new symbol or doing a large reload for LMAX data feed.
- Lockup when trading from several workspaces through several instances.
- Exception when closing the application in TradingServer.
- Deadlock when turning off trading (Sync AT + Show Initial Entry Position always + active RT from broker).
- Assert when charting a certain kind of Custom Futures contract.
- Assert and data did not show on chart when new data was added to an ASCII file that was mapped.
- Exception if connection was lost during a historical data request.
- Exception in PowerLanguageEditor when importing studies from several files at the same time.
- Assert when installing MultiCharts onto a Korean Windows operating system.
- Corrected behavior of Visual Order option – it doesn’t affect scale anymore when enabled. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10461.
- Coordinates of drawings related to indicators calculated on Custom Futures contracts would change when they shouldn’t have. More info here – http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&p=54264#p54264.
- Visually empty Market Scanner windows added many symbols to the QuoteManager database.
- Orders were visually doubled in Order and Position Tracker if two broker profiles were created and used for Trading Technologies with the same login but different accounts.
- Pause button was not always visible when Trade Panel was in Compact Mode. More info here – http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-1055.
- Row numbers after choosing Show Row Selector in Market Scanner did not serialize properly.
- Visual defect when drawing a bar in a price series located above a session break. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10447&sid=e7079a8171ad8ffe68c6f8771cb913b7#p51319
- Icon centering on Chart Analysis toolbar was off after restarting the platform. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10518#p52225.
- Sometimes part of a detached window was not visible.
- Session Break lines appeared automatically when Bid&Ask indicator was applied to the chart. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9500#p50580.
- Incorrect “Ready” status was sometimes displayed for ReadOnly indicators.
- Charts did not always return to original position after being minimized and maximized.
- Fixed error with CSV export to Excel 2003 (now export is done in UTF-16LE format).
- The “index” word was removed from Symbol Search for Bloomberg when searching through the Index tab.
- Issues regarding connecting MB Trading on application startup and when plotting DOM.
- Time In Force and Quantity would sometimes be unsaved when copying and pasting a chart within the same workspace.
- Order Confirmation window on one chart would sometimes cause another chart to reject orders. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-1128.
- Color schemes were mixed up for Candlesticks and Hollow Candlesticks for the Neutral component. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10654.
- Time in the Status Line was incorrectly displayed for Futures contracts for LMAX data feed.
- Chart Shift “Bars” value was not saved in the workspace.
- Attachable DOM window sometimes did not show real-time for CQG symbols.
- XML reports created by Strategy Performance Reports could not be opened in some other programs.
- Visual artifacts remained on screen when adding drawings with Snap Mode enabled. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10703#p52511
*FootPrint ® is a registered trademark of MarketDelta LLC.
**Market Profile® is a registered trademark of the Chicago Board of Trade.