Download MultiCharts .NET 8.5 Beta 2
MultiCharts .NET 8.5 Beta 2 features all-new Volume Delta and Cumulative Delta chart types, Volume Profile built from the ground up, TimePriceOpportunity built-in indicator and increased overall stability and performance. New flexible commission rules allow setting virtually any commission structure for accurate backtesting. Order and Position tracker has two new tabs – “Alerts” and “Market Position History at Broker”. It also has improved optimization process and dialog windows, and has a new data feed and broker connection from AvaTrade (formerly AvaFX).
Make sure you ask our support if you have any questions.
Wiki for Complete Information on MultiCharts .NET – http://www.multicharts.com/trading-software/index.php/Main_Page#MultiCharts_.NET
Report Bugs and Request Features in the Project Management System – http://www.multicharts.com/pm/
Volume Delta chart type
Volume Delta (comparable to FootPrint®* chart) chart type is now available. This chart lets you see how many trades were done at ask and bid on each price level within a bar. The bars look like boxes with appropriate numbers displayed within them. There are two calculation methods: “Ask Traded vs Bid Traded” and “Up Ticks vs Down Ticks”. Three display options available: “Bid and Ask Volume”, “Total Volume”, and “Delta (Ask – Bid Volume)”. You can also the numbers as percent. Volume Delta and Cumulative Delta for IQFeed is built with more accuracy than other data feeds since MultiCharts can use Ask Traded and Bid Traded is used which is shipped by IQFeed with the trade value.
Complete Volume Delta description – http://www.multicharts.com/trading-software/index.php/Volume_Delta
Cumulative Delta chart type
Cumulative Delta (also known as CD chart) chart type is now available. Cumulative Delta is based on direction-based volume accumulation, not on price. The scale of the chart shows volume and bars represent accumulated delta (buy – sell) of the volume for specified resolution. In trending markets CD will move into positive or negative values, while it will oscillate around zero in non-trending markets.
Complete Cumulative Delta description – http://www.multicharts.com/trading-software/index.php/Cumulative_Delta
Volume Profile (also known as VP) was complete rethought and built from the ground up. It’s now an advanced chart attribute with multiple options and display methods, and it’s available on every chart. Volume Profile tracks trading activity volume across different price levels and varying time length.
Complete Volume Profile description – http://www.multicharts.com/trading-software/index.php/Volume_Profile
TimePriceOpportunity (TPO) indicator available (was included in 8.1 Beta)
TimePriceOpportunity (comparable to MarketProfile®** indicator) is an indicator that is similar to Volume Profile, but typically with slightly different price levels of importance. Letters are used to symbolize time brackets. The trading day is divided into 30 minute periods, called Time Price Opportunities, or TPO’s. Each time the market trades at a price that hasn’t occurred in a prior TPO, a letter is marked at that price. One of the potential uses is to help identify prices that have form resistance and support levels.
More info and indicator source here – http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10872
Flexible Commission Rules
You can now add flexible commission rules to make backtesting more precise. With varying combinations, it’s now possible to account for virtually any commission setup around the globe. Commissions can be set though a new window in Strategy Properties. Rule options include calculating commission in real-time, after every trade or once every day, resetting volume counter after every trade/monthly, commission limits and per Trade/Contract modes in dollar amounts and percent.
Complete Commissions description – http://www.multicharts.com/trading-software/index.php/Commissions
Choose your currency for calculating PnL
You can now see PnL calculated and displayed in the currency of your choice. If you want to see PnL in JPY for instance, changes will be seen on charts, DOM and in the Order and Position Tracker. Current exchange rates are continuously pulled from our FX servers, so there’s no need to enter the conversion rate manually.
Order and Position Tracker improvements (was included in 8.1 Beta)
“Market Position History at Broker” tab was added to OPT. It tracks how MP changed over time directly on the account. This helps resolve any questions as to why an order could have been sent for X contracts, but the MP changed for Y contracts.
“Alerts” tab was added to OPT. It tracks and displays all alerts generated by scripts. Essentially, it provides a complete history of all alerts generated by scripts, so you don’t need to worry about missing an alert.
WeBank data feed and broker added
WeBank was established in 1999 and is one of the leading Italian banks and online brokerages with over 80,000 clients.
Quick access dropdown was added to the chart for recently used symbols and resolutions. You can now quickly switch between symbols and resolution directly from the Status Line of the chart.
AvaTrade data feed and broker added
AvaTrade (formerly AvaFX) data feed and broker were added. AvaTrade is broker that is well known around the world. They currently offer Forex trading and quotes, but plan to integrate futures as well.
Currency Display in Order and Position Tracker
Accounts tab in Order and Position Tracker can now be shown in any user-defined currency.
Exit Strategy behavior changed
Exit strategy behavior was changed:
1) Strategies that were applied to active orders no longer “jump” onto the active position after the parent order was filled. They remain active and keep protecting orders that were generated by the parent order.
2) If an exit strategy is applied to the open position then everything works almost like before – position changes are monitored, but there’s a minor nuance. When calculating reaction to position changes it’s taken into account that there are strategies applied to filled orders and their effect on the overall position. In other words, strategies applied to the position protect the remainder that is not protected by strategies applied to individual orders.
3) Strategies applied to positions and strategies applied to orders will be visually different on both on the chart and in the DOM.
More info here – http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11446
- Added description of objects and methods to be displayed directly in Visual Studio Intellisense. More info here – http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-1170.
- Symbol Linking is now available in the Depth of Market (DOM).
- Now only orders that were actually modified are changed in OCO groups (either emulated or native), as opposed to previous behavior of updating all orders. More info here – http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8810&p=51029#p50682.
- Compact mode for DOM window now shows Entry Price along with size of the position.
- CQG indexes are now supported.
- Separate Trading Limit Account is now supported through Interactive Brokers profile.
- Proprietary Trading Group account support was added for Interactive Brokers profile.
- When “Generate a new tick if Total Volume changes” option is turned on for Interactive Brokers data feed, the first tick of the session is no longer generated if opening price hasn’t arrived yet.
- Added Sessions category to the HotKeys menu with two menu choices: “Use Default Session” and “Use 24/7 Session”. More info here – http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10639#p53511.
- Anchor button was added to lock in the last date in the “From-To” range in the Strategy Properties window.
- DOM in Dynamic mode is now always centered on the average price between latest ask and bid prices, and not on the Last price.
- New upgraded API is used for LMAX data feed and broker.
- One contract for LMAX broker is now a Micro lot.
- Ask/Bid with volume of AskSize/BidSize equal to zero or not equal to -1 are now filtered.
- XAUUSDO.COMP and XAGUSDO.COMP (Precious Metals) symbols were added to the Symbol Search for IQFeed. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11011&sid=0fbdc9d10ec47b3c29383a80194873f0#p54393.
- Added a Settings dialog to Bloomberg data feed to switch between “Local” and “Exchange” times (MC PRO only).
- Order history, logs and positions are no longer loaded until the user requests them.
- Added Round2Fraction function.
- Added ability to access Volume Profile directly from the scripts.
- Added access to options information (Strike Price, Expiration Date, Type) from the scripts to the QuoteManager settings, available through IInstrumentSettings interface.
- Added ability to access scanner row number from the scripts, similar to getappinfo(aiRow).
- Added an option to the “Preferences -> Trading” menu to use EntryPrice based on order fill price for semi-automated strategies. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10238#p54354/.
- Added an option to “Enable access to intra-bar time for calculation in Intra-Bar Order Generation mode” in Strategy Properties -> Backtesting tab.
- Optimization dialog window now shows current best results during optimization.
- Optimization settings window was improved – it’s now possible to exclude certain inputs and current input and step values are displayed.
- Optimization Report now stays with its chart through any chart copy or workspace save operations after being generated. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-130 and herehttp://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6620.
- Improved display speed of events from AvaTrade, CQG and MB Trading in Order and Position Tracker.
- Service (attachable) Scanner is now shown on the right by default and has 25 lines.
- Added a clearer description for “Account Size Required” in Performance Reports.
- Improved conflict resolution behavior when importing QMD archives into the QuoteManager.
- Updated session templates and symbol roots for CME Globex since their hours of operation changed from 3:15 pm CT to 4:15 pm CT.
- Added Lock Drawing command to HotKeys.
- Improved Manual and Strategy Performance Reports.
- Added a clear error message: “Impossible to switch Data Server mode. Close all charts, scanners and QuoteManager windows. If you also have a service scanner (View > Show Scanner Window is enabled), then delete all symbols from this window. Then try to switch the Data Server mode again.”
- Symbol Dictionary settings were updated for @BO#, @S# and @W# (Grains Futures, IQFeed). More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11068
- Daily bar was not closed at the end of the session, even when the timeout expired.
- Not all charts are plotted when using ASCII Mapping data feed in Offline mode on MultiCharts 64-bit.
- Custom Futures contracts for OpenECry didn’t work when Online server mode is chosen.
- Root values for certain Quik futures automatically changed to lowercase in Symbol Dictionary and Edit Instrument, rendering them unusable.
- Renko bars had incorrect volume in real-time.
- Historical symbol was not displayed when Data Merging was enabled on the chart.
- Drawing coordinates would shift during scaling if the latest drawing coordinate was placed beyond the last bar.
- Drawings with Snap Mode enabled sometimes did not connect to actual High and Low values of the bar. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-988.
- Fixed an issue so that if a single volume column is present in an ASCII file it’s correctly recognized as “Volume” as opposed to “Down Volume”. More info here – http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11507&p=56687.
- It wasn’t always possible to add symbols $TICK and $TNX symbols from Barchart data feed.
- Symbols are present in workspaces while not shown in Scanner windows.
- Ticks sometimes arrived with zero volume in realtime for Futures contracts from CQG data feed.
- Issues when using WeBank data feed. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-1183.
- Trend lines moved when background dragging was used on a chart.
- Weekly resolution chart for QUIK data feed was displayed incorrectly.
- If a minute chart with an active broker profile was copied and pasted after a reload then data was different on the new chart.
- Situation when orders are canceled by the broker through ZenFire profile (i.e. there is no callback ID through the API) were not handled correctly.
- Sometimes exit strategies with enabled “auto-apply” did not work the first time after connecting a broker profile.
- Market Position did not arrive for Trading Technologies broker profile.
- Orders could modify incorrectly when scaling was changed on the chart. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11057.
- PnL didn’t change when trading through Rithmic(ZenFire) Local Sim with Price Scale = 1/1000000
- Stop order that could not be filled was filled at the Trading Technologies broker after changing Stop-Limit order to a Limit.
- Manual inactive orders didn’t always get placed at the price specified by the user.
- Account information did not update if there was no trading activity for the OpenECry broker profile.
- Orders were placed again when they shouldn’t have after calculating on several price series.
- Quantity Filled in Order and Position Tracker was incorrectly displayed if a partial fill occurred during a connection loss.
- Fixed an issue when using several broker profiles for Interactive Brokers at the same time.
- Removed “FIX Tag 77 = C” from Trading Technologies trading profile to improve performance.
- Problems when trading CFDs through the IB account.
- PlaceMarketOrder can now send orders when the bar is closed but is recalculated using RecalcLastBarAfter.
- Code was not passed through “MouseClickArgs.keys” when key was pressed. More info here – http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11259.
- Flag was incorrectly set for a pressed Ctrl button through “MouseClickArgs.keys” for 64-bit version.
- Indicator on several data series stops calculating with the Contract resolution
- Deadlock when changing signal status if the Strategy Performance Report is open.
- Incorrect results in the Max Intraday Drawdown column in the Optimization Report.
- ReadOnly studies and functions were not replaced when importing PLA archives.
- IntrabarOrderGeneration was incorrectly calculated in some instances.
- DollarPerTrade defined the number of contracts for market orders differently in Portfolio Backtester and on a regular chart.
- When Slippage or Commission is enabled in Strategy Properties, “All Trades” field did not equal the sum of “Long Trades” and “Short Trades” in the Strategy Performance Report. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-1131.
- Issues with average fill price and calculation of Strategy Performance Report.
- Indicator values were not shown in the Scanner under certain conditions.
- NoPlot keyword removed the drawing from the chart, but did not rollback the last value in Status Line. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-116.
- Values in Optimization Report did not match values in the Strategy Report when using posttradeprofit.
- Exception when trying to use an enum declared by a third-party DLL as an input. More information here – http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-1079.
- Exception in MultiCharts64.exe when compiling applied study.
- MultiCharts processes would sometimes hang when closing workspaces or the application.
- Exception in ATCenterServer when folder structure with Order and Position Tracker logs is changed.
- Exception when switching between connected broker profiles.
- Lockup when trading from several workspaces through several instances.
- Assert when charting a certain kind of Custom Futures contract.
- Assert and data did not show on chart when new data was added to an ASCII file that was mapped.
- Exception if connection was lost during a historical data request.
- Assert when installing MultiCharts onto a Korean Windows operating system.
- Certain modules did not load under certain conditions which made debugging difficult.
- Exception when closing the session with a timeout under certain conditions.
- Exception in ScannerManager.dll when closing MultiCharts with certain workspaces and databases.
- Corrected behavior of Visual Order option – it doesn’t affect scale anymore when enabled. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10461.
- Coordinates of drawings related to indicators calculated on Custom Futures contracts would change when they shouldn’t have. More info here – http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&p=54264#p54264.
- Pause button was not always visible when Trade Panel was in Compact Mode. More info here – http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-1055.
- Visual defect when drawing a bar in a price series located above a session break. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10447&sid=e7079a8171ad8ffe68c6f8771cb913b7#p51319
- Icon centering on Chart Analysis toolbar was off after restarting the platform. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10518#p52225.
- Session Break lines appeared automatically when Bid&Ask indicator was applied to the chart. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9500#p50580.
- Incorrect “Ready” status was sometimes displayed for ReadOnly indicators.
- Charts did not always return to original position after being minimized and maximized.
- The “index” word was removed from Symbol Search for Bloomberg when searching through the Index tab.
- Time In Force and Quantity would sometimes be unsaved when copying and pasting a chart within the same workspace.
- Order Confirmation window on one chart would sometimes cause another chart to reject orders. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-1128.
- Time in the Status Line was incorrectly displayed for Futures contracts for LMAX data feed.
- Chart Shift “Bars” value was not saved in the workspace.
- Attachable DOM window sometimes did not show real-time for CQG symbols.
- XML reports created by Strategy Performance Reports could not be opened in some other programs.
- Added a Help entry for “IStudy.MaxDataStream”.
- StartValue and EndValue in optimization settings did not match CurrentValue by default.
- Option “Status line – Enable MultiLine Mode” now carries OHLCV values over to the next line if it doesn’t fit on the chart.
- When connecting to Halifax TWS the connection prompt dialog was not auto-accepted.
- Extra colors for chart components were not saved. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11339#p55940.
- Very small values for Slippage and Initial Capital in the Strategy Properties dialog were changed to the exponential format, i.e. “1e-00X”.
- Equity Curve Detailed Long and Equity Curve Detailed Short charts were not exported to Excel from Strategy Performance Report along with other information. More info here – http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-1206.
*FootPrint ® is a registered trademark of MarketDelta LLC.
**Market Profile® is a registered trademark of the Chicago Board of Trade.