MULTICHARTS 7.1 BETA – WHAT’S NEW
MultiCharts 7.1 is an beta update to the latest MultiCharts release. Given the number of new features and changes in the last release, we received important feedback from users. Many bugs were fixed; we documented PowerLanguage keywords, optimized memory usage and added some small features.
Report bugs and request features in our Project Management system – http://www.multicharts.com/pm/.
Skipping identical ticks during calculations
New option allows MultiCharts to skip calculations on ticks with identical price in real-time. About 95% of ticks have the same price, but it for most studies it makes send recalculate only when price changes. This option significantly improves CPU usage and increases processing speed during real-time, which is essential for times when markets get fast. This option is enabled by default, but you can turn it off if needed. It works only for indicators and it’s called “Skip Ticks” in the format menu.
Commodity Systems Inc. data feed added
Commodity Systems Inc (CSI) is world’s leading supplier of accurate daily updates of O-H-L-C-V-OI data on world markets complete with official day volume and open interest statistics, and historical market prices reaching back over 60 years. Daily updates on futures, options, stocks, and cash prices are supplied via the Internet after daily market closings. Coverage includes all commodity markets traded worldwide and western world stock markets. CSI supplies data to Yahoo! and hundreds of other resellers who all choose it for its reliability and accuracy.
Trading Technologies broker enhancement
Certain brokers using Trading Technologies require separate input fields for Price and Order connection settings. These fields have been added to the TT data feed and broker configurations. Partial fills from Trading Technologies are also now logged in Order and Position Tracker.
DOM colors are now customizable
It’s now possible to change colors of different elements in DOM windows including column and order colors. The menu is available through right-clicking on the DOM window. Reset to Default button will revert any custom choices to default colors.
Documentation for 50 PowerLanguage keywords
PowerLanguage Help section was updated to describe 50 undocumented keywords. Check the Help file to see detailed descriptions and examples.
- Ask and Bid values are now reflected in the Trade Panel below the last Trade price.
- Custom Futures now support symbols with dashes in names (eg. OpenECry’s KC-M-SH2).
- Custom Futures symbols now support symbols where month is indicated after the year (SGX exchange, eSignal data provider).
- Insert Drawing menu item was added to the context menu when right-clicking on a chart.
- Autofill suggestions by PowerLanguageEditor were improved. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=6548.
- Order processing for ZenFire broker was modified. Now limit orders that can be filled instantly are no longer converted to market order in MultiCharts. Stop orders that can be filled instantly are now converted to market orders in MultiCharts. Stop Limit orders are sent if the stop condition is not met at the moment the order is sent. If the stop condition and/or both stop and limit conditions are met, then a limit order is sent.
- Default session time for FOREX and FX exchanges was updated to Monday 00:00 -> Tuesday 00:00, etc except for Sunday. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8991 and herehttp://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-522.
- Developers: Data feeds are now registered when tsserver.exe starts.
- Charts would stop updating with TradeStation data if TradeStation was switched between Online and Offline mode.
- Daily bars plotted before a session break and daily bars plotted after would have different ending times.
- DOM window for Trading Technologies showed volume improperly if symbol did not update.
- MultiCharts and TWS were showing different volumes for ask and bid data series.
- Last bar on a chart would not be visible under some circumstances.
- ASCIIMapping would not work for some text files with tick data.
- FreeQuotes data feed would sometimes return ‘No Data’ if the request was very large. More info here – http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-551.
- Tick charts would sometimes not display data even if it was in the database.
- Chart context menu would incorrectly appear when indicator context menu should appear, i.e. after right-clicking a plot of an indicator.
- DOM wouldn’t populate if symbol name is typed in and then confirmed with Enter. More info here – http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8919.
- FreeQuotes data feed (made up from MSN, Google and Yahoo data services), would not return more than 4 years of historical data from the MSN component. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-22
- Always a “No Symbol” message for tick charts if a symbol was added incorrectly, but then corrected.
- In some situations stop orders would disappear after partial fills, leaving the position open. More info here – http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-544.
- Market orders would not be sent in SA or AA trading modes if Trade Size limited by Dollars per Trade.
- Partially filled order with Trading Technologies was impossible to cancel after losing connection to broker.
- ‘Flatten Everything’ command in Order and Position Tracker did not work when two MC symbol were mapped to one broker symbol. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8934#p42418.
- After a session break setpercenttrailing would fill at incorrect price. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9188.
- TrailingStop jumps to current Close price and closes the position if it’s moved to Breakeven level when price doesn’t satisfy fill conditions for these orders.
- Stop orders placed through the chart context menu had incorrect volume.
- Order statuses for PFG broker did not update after losing connection making it impossible to modify existing orders. More info here – http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8919#p42152 and here – http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8919#p42153.
- Position monitoring on multiple accounts didn’t work.
- Open position wasn’t visible in DOM for Rithmic Test and ZenFire trading environment.
- OCO order emulation didn’t work if orders in the group had the same price.
- Information passing from MultiCharts to Interactive Brokers sometimes didn’t work, resulting in inability to turn on trading.
- Order placed through the DOM would lag for 1 sec between placing and appearing.
- Filled Stop orders for Patsystems would still show up as Submitted in Order and Position Tracker.
- “Next bar” command did not work correctly when scripts were calculated during Market Data Playback.
- Certain studies that use IOG serial functions to define inputs would take a long time to calculate.
- PowerLanguage variables using “+=, -=, *=, /=” would not calculate correctly.
- Newly created variables weren’t highlighted or available for auto-completion until after compiling. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8919&sid=86c0595bed428982cfc4f28386c0ff7c#p42551.
- The auto-completion menu didn’t appear for capital letters. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8919&sid=86c0595bed428982cfc4f28386c0ff7c#p42551
- Sorting didn’t work in Export/Export Read Only dialogs. More info here – http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-534.
- Exception after working with any data provider for an extended period of time, and having indicators that create and delete drawings. More info here – http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-334.
- Opening several charts (eg. 1 day, EUR/USD, 5 years back) with 5 min BarMagnifier would overload RAM usage and cause a crash.
- Memory would not free up after creating and deleting drawings.
- ‘Saving Data to Storage’ window would sometimes hang when closing MultiCharts.
- Asserts would sometimes appear when using FreeQuotes.
- Error would appear when opening DOM with IB data without having a subscription. More info here – http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-592.
- AtCenterServer.exe would take up a lot of RAM.
- Exception (multiple floating point traps) in PowerLanguage when setting value higher than 214748364 for SetProfitTarget. More info here – http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-519.
- Exception when creating a Text drawing object on chart.
- Exception when connecting to Interactive Brokers’ TraderWorkStation.
- Exception “Invalid floating point operation” on all strategies on a particular computer.
- Assert message when importing studies, connecting to Interactive Brokers, and switching Data Server mode.
- Exception when opening a WSP file that is not a workspace.
- Exception when placing an order through DOM.
- Exceptions and asserts when calculating certain signals.
- Assert and exception messages when optimizing certain strategies.
- Assert message if Collect Real Time data is turned on and a bad tick (zero price, zero volume) arrives.
- STD exception: invalid argument message when using indicators in Data Playback mode.
- Exception when pasting symbols into Scanner window.
- Connecting an empty symbol in QuoteManager (eg. DDE symbol with no incoming data) resulted in assert messages.
- ASCII Mapping dialog didn’t save last used path.
- Problems with recognizing certain columns during ASCII Import.
- ASCII Mapping controls would disappear if other related programs were installed after MultiCharts.
- Incorrect default symbol mapping for some Interactive Brokers symbols.
- Incorrect default symbol mapping for some Patsystems symbols.
- Price marker would sometimes disappear on charts with colors other than default. More info here – http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9228#p43819
- Daily resolution chart based on ticks took longer to show than a 24 hour chart based on ticks.
- Logs tab in Order and Position Tracker would not update automatically.
- Maximum Favorable Excursion (%) graph in Strategy Performance Report showed incorrect colors for losing trades.
- Incorrect auto-text on ‘Save as Image’ and ‘Print Preview’ dialog windows. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-611.
- Decimal separators on certain Windows localizations were incorrect (eg. Swedish).
- Symbols would sometimes appear mismatched in Format Instrument window. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-291.
- Active window would lose focus when switching workspaces with mouse clicks.
- Z-order of detached windows was broken when switching between workspaces and charts are pinned from the inactive workspace. More info here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8843 and http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-486.
- Impossible to create a chart of a newly added symbol without closing Format Instruments window.
- When certain system fonts were unavailable splash screen was impossible to read.
- It was impossible to close the <Your PC is running out of memory> message.
- Progress number of quotes downloaded did not appear when opening a chart after session hours (when real-time was offline).
- Server Busy message would sometimes appear if local QuoteManager database was large.
- Alert would pop up informing about a new available version even if it was already installed.
- PowerLanguage hint window didn’t work for the letter ‘H’.
- Printer keyword in PowerLanguage wasn’t highlighted in red.