Download MultiCharts 8.7 Beta 2
MultiCharts 8.7 Beta 2 has minor updates and fixes for features that were introduced in Beta 1. Main improvements are performed for managing milliseconds and microseconds. We also filled a number of user requests from PM, made the UI more convenient and added new keywords and HotKeys.
Make sure you ask our support if you have any questions.
Wiki for Complete Information on MultiCharts
Report Bugs and Request Features in the Project Management System – http://www.multicharts.com/pm/
ASCII Export/Import can now handle milliseconds as well as seconds. Added a new checkbox for “Export milliseconds” on ASCII Export dialog window. If the option is checked then milliseconds will be exported, if this option is unchecked then only seconds will be exported (the way it was implemented before). Files with millisecond data can be imported on ASCII Import using a time template like *h:*m:*s.*f
Global PlayBack Improvement
Data Playback is a useful tool for traders wishing to stream data step-by-step data backward and forward in order to see how their strategy would behave in real-time. It allows playback of market data with the specified speed and resolution. When the Global mode is selected, all the data series on all opened windows of all the workspaces of one MultiCharts instance will be played. In this case the starting point of the playback will be the same for all charts and scanner windows. Now you can use Global playback in Tick by Tick mode as well as Minute by Minute, Hour by Hour and so on.
Command Line keywords
Command Line commands are now available through the language in both MultiCharts. This means it’s now programmatically possible to possible to insert symbol, change symbol, insert indicator, insert signal, reload data (all data, certain resolution, interval (N days), all charts), change chart symbol name, change symbol resolution, turn off auto trading, show report, change bar spacing.
For your convenience we have added description of all the commands for Command Line toolbar in PowerLanguage Help Guide and in MultiCharts Wiki: http://www.multicharts.com/trading-software/index.php/CommandLine and http://www.multicharts.com/trading-software/index.php/MultiCharts_Work_Area#The_List_of_Supported_Commands
New Auto Trading Option
Added a new option “Remember my decision” for auto trading confirmation dialogs of canceling orders and closing positions when disabling auto trading. This option can be set up in Preferences window – Trading tab – Auto Trading Options.
Under Auto Trading Options you’ll find:
Do not show Cancel Active Orders confirmation when disabling auto trading. Options available:
- Cancel active orders sent by the strategy;
- Do not cancel active orders sent by the strategy;
Do not show Open Position Close confirmation when disabling auto trading. Options available:
- Close the open position opened by the strategy;
- Do not close the open position opened by the strategy.
- Added HotKeys for Data Playback commands: Playback Step Backward, Playback Pause/Resume, Playback Step Forward, Playback Go To Real Time. More information here – http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15839
- Volume Profile displays now vertical lines Dev VA and Dev POC on bars.
- Added a new keyword for conversion of string representation of DateTime, e.g. StringToDTFormatted(“01/11/2013”,”DD,MM,YY “). Please see more information on our Wiki http://www.multicharts.com/trading-software/index.php/StringToDTFormatted
- Added a new option called “Exit Strategies Mode” for managing auto-attach and manually applied strategies under Preferences window – Trading tab.
- Added ability to switch Data Server Mode when Service Scanner is open. More information here – http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11553&p=60917#p61194
- Increased the display time of Exit Strategy hint when one points the cursor on one of the strategies. More information here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11553#p59844.
- Chart Type remains the same when switching between different resolutions under Resolution Toolbar and Resolution Dropdown in Status Line, e.g. Renko chart type won’t be changed to Regular one. More information here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12475&p=64928#p64751 and
- Improved ZOOM IN and OUT behavior on a chart using mouse wheel + Ctrl button.
- Reduced misleading TradingTechnologies reject messages in Order and Position Tracker – Logs tab: OrderCancelReject message: Order is not in the market ID =… won’t be shown under Logs tab any longer because this is the rejection not of the order itself but of the cancellation command.
- You can now dynamically specify the name of ChangeMarketPosition order. More information here – http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8414#p58406
- You can now specify more than 2 digits after the decimal point in BigPointValue (QuoteManager window). User request from PM filled –http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-314
- Added the list of N-resolutions for Hourly and Daily resolutions for Resolution toolbar. More information here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=15769&p=64983#p64634
- You can apply inputs from Optimization Report window simply by pressing Enter on the optimization results.
- Added progressive horizontal scrolling with a mouse wheel on a chart.
- Improved behavior of LMAX authorization on the weekend. More information here – http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11553#p65242.
- LMAX API connection status messages are now displayed in QuoteManager – EventLogs and Order and Position Tracker – Logs tab. More information here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11344#p56050
- Added a new HotKey – Ctrl+A (Select All) for list of symbols in Format Instrument window.
- Number of Skipped Instruments will be displayed during Import and Export Instruments procedure.
- Portfolio Backtester has now up to 10 (ten) columns of additional data series, thus studies can now refer to all the 10 (ten) available data series for calculation.
- Added a hint window for Command Line toolbar.
- Corrected behavior of TSServer when MultiCharts saving Data to Storage and there were 595 hours 27 minutes and 59 seconds remaining.
- Spikes on historical tick data using IQFeed Client 220.127.116.11
- Files with millisecond data could not be imported during ASCII Import.
- Incorrect prices were displayed in DOM window using WeBank broker profile if Digit Grouping Symbol was set up as dot under Region settings in control Panel.
- Close of Renko bars did not coincide with the Close of the last tick in a trading session if Break on Session option had been enabled.
- When using the same sessions and Session Breaks with option Break on Sessions enabled on two Renko charts, Session Breaks did not coincide on a similar 1 Tick chart.
- In ASCII Mapping settings the field was specified as Undefined but the column was still active.
- Fixed ASCII Mapping issue when there were no chart plotted displaying only Establishing Connection.
- There are generated less ticks from OpenECry in MultiCharts 8.5 than in MultiCharts 8.0.
- The first Tick Trade of the opened session was missing while Collecting Real-Time tick data in QuoteManager.
- MCFX real time had sudden interruptions.
- Volume Profile issue: when time scale had been compressed the values on profile elements were cut off. More information here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/download/file.php?id=6368 and
- Bid and Ask values were not displayed until the next price update on Zen-Fire Local Sim broker profile after account was changed.
- Discrepancy between 1 Tick resolution and other resolutions (N Ticks, N Points, N Minutes) was reproduced on Cumulative Delta charts using both BreakDowns and Beak on Session enabled and disabled.
- Issue with no pre-market Real-Time Stock data from IQFeedClient version 5.0.
- Real Open on Renko chart type worked incorrectly with “Phantom” Bars enabled. More information here – http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16279#p65745
- LMAX US Crude (Spot) was buying 1 contract instead of 0,1 after sending a command Buy 1 contract.
- Incorrect behavior of trading through Zen-Fire and Rithmic broker profiles – orders were hanging in PreCancelled state. More information here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16479.
- TradingTechnologies orders were not able to be sent and displayed in Order and Position Tracker. There were no rejections, order status or any other information received and shown in Order and Position Tracker.
- Read-Only studies (.sef format) with keywords Date, Time, Time_s, UpTicks were calculated incorrectly in MultiCharts 8.7 beta 1.
- Opening Workspace window was hanging for inappropriately long time on MultiCharts start.
- Prolonged Backfilling on minute charts and prolonged Establishing Connection on tick charts.
- When packing microsecond data one microsecond was missed and so on N Tick resolutions bars differed after they had been stored in the database. More information here – http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16339&p=66645#p66680
- Rapid accumulation of memory in TSServer when there were many data series requests with Real-Time.
- Visual artifacts at rendering a drawing during real time. More information is here –http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16339&p=68410#p68410