MultiCharts 8.8 Beta 1 contains many of the new features that you have been waiting for, Advanced Market Scanner, MultiCharts Desktops that allows you to save MultiCharts layouts on each monitor, Dynamic Order Name that generates an order name based on script calculation. Now you have the flexibility in plotting daily data with different session templates at the same time because daily bars can be formed out of minute data. An indicator can base on values of another indicator and Limit Order Execution Assumptions is available in Portfolio Backtester. MultiCharts 8.8 Beta 1 also has an improved optimization process, improved dialog windows and broker connections from Avanza and other new brokers working through CQG.
Make sure you ask our support if you have any questions.
Wiki for Complete Information on MultiCharts
Report Bugs and Request Features in the Project Management System – http://www.multicharts.com/pm/
Advanced Market Scanner
The majority of data providers have a limitation on the number of simultaneous real-time data subscriptions. This made scanning numerous markets almost impossible.The new version of our Scanner has two components: Pre-Scanning and Watchlist windows. You can scan more than 5000 symbols one by one with a specified frequency (every minute, 5 minutes, hour….) or just hit Rescan Now. According to your filters in Pre-Scanning instruments that satisfy the conditions will be shown in Watchlist window for updating in real-time.
Learn more on our Wiki here.
Scanner Style Setting
We’ve added a Scanner Style setting for plotting in the Scanner window making it possible to change the style of the studies applied to the Real-Time Market Scanner. Color, alignment, plot format and number of decimals can be changed. Find instructions on our Wiki here
MultiCharts Desktops allows you to save a particular set of workspaces and toolbars on a monitor and restore it after restart. You can now open multiple instances with individual set of workspaces and toolbars on each of them.
Learn more on our Wiki here.
Build Daily Bars Out Of Minute Data
This feature is one of the most desired and long-awaited features which is requested by our customers in Project Management:
Now it’s possible to plot daily bars created out of minute data on a chart. One can apply different sessions on different charts at the same time as those daily bars are not stored into the database. You have a tool that allows you to plot your own daily trading session on a chart.
Hidden Data Series Do Not Affect Your Charts
The implementation of this feature was technically challenging for us but finally we did it. Now hidden data series do not affect the bar space of visible data series. More on PM here.
Avanza and CQG Brokers
Avanza is our newly supported broker. Find detailed instruction on our Wiki . We have, also, added new brokers that are working through CQG, please take a look at the instructions on how to establish these connections here.
Study On Study
This is another long-awaited feature. A study based upon another study became possible. Now you can use a plot of an indicator as a numeric input of other indicators or signals. Instead of using complex scripts that combines several indicators or creating extra functions you can simply apply values of other indicators to any studies as inputs. In order to learn more please read here.
Export Strategy Performance Report Into Open Office
New Keyword For Bar Number
Added a new keyword that allows place all the drawings according to the bar number:
- Backtesting Assumptions is available for limit orders in Portfolio Backtester. More info on our PM here.
- MultiCharts, LLC has completed Trading Technologies conformance test with MultiCharts trading platform. The results and summary of trading functionality and exchange support are here.
- Added new attribute for buildFromMinutes parameter in CommandLine. More info here.
- CFD Stocks from InteractiveBrokers are now supported using TWS 939.3, learn more in our PM here.
- Improved behavior when Symbol Mapping is changed during manual trading.
- Added CTRL+A (Select All) hotkey functionality in Add Symbols From Data Source dialog in QuoteManager.
- Display a message that data series with different time zones cannot be mixed in Portfolio Backtester.
- Now active orders and positions are shown during Backfilling process.
- Added a new option to Charting section in Preferences window that will turn off/on Enable Indicator Status Switch in the Status Line of the Chart feature.
- Now Custom Futures that had Session Templates revoked, are omitted during the export process.
- Now Import opens a file only for reading data from it, not in monopoly mode.
- Rithmic and Zen-Fire API has been upgraded up to version 6.0.
- Added an option to count Slippage for Limit and Stop Limit orders. More info here.
- Optimization: now some verification messages won’t be shown when the Start Value, End Value, and Step are changed. Learn more on our Forum here.
- Added Day High and Day Low in Depth Of Market window. See this feature request in our PM here.
- Now you will be informed if any symbols have been omitted during the import.
- Added new feature Bid/Ask Sum on DOM window. Find more details on our PM requests here and there.
- Added “Use As Default” option in Strategy Properties dialogue on Auto Trading tab.
- Now Settlement price on historical daily bars and higher is optional on Futures from eSignal. More details here.
- New feature: it’s possible to clone Symbol Root in Symbol Dictionary dialogue in QuoteManager.
- Now when you change timezone on one instrument on a chart, the other instruments on a chart will have time zone changed as well. More info on PM here and on our Wiki page.
- Improved behavior of saving data to the database.
- New feature to specify dynamic name for the name of a signal. More info on PM here and see instructions on our Wiki page.
- Playback Resolution was selected incorrectly when Data Playback mode was switched to Global one in MultiCharts 64 bit.
- tsServer: fixed issue when bars were placed one under another on aliquot resolutions. Learn more on our Forum here.
- ChartShift value spontaneously increased. More info here.
- There was no daily bar of $ADV index on a chart from eSignal data feed.
- When one opened a workspace with a great number of charts from LMAX Waiting For Data and Backfilling statuses were hanging for inappropriately long time.
- tsServer: inadmissible accumulation of memory on minute charts.
- A half of the instrument roots was absent if Korean or Chinese Region settings were used.
- When one was working with Edit Data dialog in QuoteManager and clicking on a cell – the focus was lost.
- Data for the current session was not displayed on a chart in Online Mode with Download Missing Historical Data disabled.
- Depth Of Market data from TradingTechnologies was not updating in MultiCharts.
- Impossible to edit Symbol Mapping when there was incorrect symbol name on a chart.
- After re-connection to CQG broker and modification of an active order it was sometimes still hanging as PreCanceled.
- Command Flatten Everything in Order and Position Tracker was not applied on all the symbols that were displayed in that window.
- Position PnL was calculated incorrectly on Zen-Fire Local Sim.
- Portfolio: Actually applied inputs were different in Format Settings window.
- i_MarketPosition_at_Broker was not updated during auto trading or was updated with a big delay if Interactive Brokers subscription had no real-time quotes.
- PowerLanguage: Error in Date Next Bar.
- StrategyReport dispalyed Run-Up value less than Profit value. Learn more on Forum here.
- Incorrect behavior of CurrentSession function on Point and Change resolutions.
- “Floating point invalid operation” message popped up when the trade size of an exit order was zero.
- Exception and Assert popped up during Walk Forward Days Optimization.
- DeadLock 1 appeared when turning off auto trading at MultiCharts shut down.
- Exception popped up when closing a workspace with Order and Position Tracker.
- Crashed when plotting a chart from GlobalServer or TradeStation if there were only digits in the description of a symbol.
- Exception “Invalid floating point operation” popped up if you had sent an exit order with zero volume.
- DeadLock appeared when placing manual orders on FXCM. More info here.
- Portfolio Backtester was not responding because it was plotting the report graphics for a long time.
- Unwarranted accumulation of the memory in MultiCharts.exe process.
- Issue in QuoteManager: there was an incorrect status in Collect RT Data column if it had been enabled and the data feed was disconnected.
- Use as Default option was not active on some drawings or was not functioning properly even if it was enabled.
- When Korean keyboard was used and one clicked an icon on the main toolbar the existing window behind MultiCharts desktop popped up but a new window was not created.
- MB Trading broker profile left artifacts in Daily P/L column of other brokers.
- Control of appearance of Buy historical orders got mixed up with “Number of contracts” in Format Chart Trading Panel.
- QuoteManager did not allow delete Session Template which was selected in Custom Futures settings.
- Impossible to widen the rightmost column of Time&Sales window.
- Linking Symbols did not work if the symbol name was separated by a colon prefix “XX:” Read more on our Forum here.
- After setting up Chart Shift value it was increased by 1, if it was updating real-time and there were two data series on a chart.
- When cloning a Trend Line that was built with one of its coordinates in the Chart Shift area, a clone was different from the original one. Learn more on our Forum in this topic.
- When one clicked on Trade in Performance Report dialogue it should have been shown with a small indentation to the left (20%) on a chart. More info here.