MultiCharts 10.0 Beta 2 has multiple new features as well as minor updates and fixes for features that were introduced in Beta 1. You can get acquainted with all the new features added and bugs fixed in MultiCharts 10.0 Beta 1 here: http://www.multicharts.com/traders-blog/?p=1556
The long-awaited Monte Carlo analysis is now available in MultiCharts!
Monte Carlo method is the method of statistical modeling in problem solving based on modeling a random process with parameters equal to the specific values of the original task. This method is used in various spheres (mathematics, physics, economics, sociology, etc.). MultiCharts as an analytical and trading platform allows the use of Monte Carlo method in addition to other existing tools (Backtesting, Optimization, Strategy Reports and others). Monte Carlo documentation is available in our Wiki section: http://www.multicharts.com/trading-software/index.php?title=Monte_Carlo_Analysis
Optimization Results window has been completely reworked.
The data is now represented in two formats: Spreadsheet and 2D graph. It is possible to copy the spreadsheet results to clipboard or save them into a CSV file. You can still view the results in 3D using our 3D Optimization Charts tool, as well as save the optimization results into ORS file for loading it later. Sorting options were also extended to provide more flexibility.
Read below for more!
BUGS FIXED & IMPROVEMENTS:
• CQG: DOM data for USA & ULA instruments has no missing levels now.
• CQG: added new data feed option “Use minute realtime data for minute based resolutions”.
• Interactive Brokers: corrected situation when some historical ticks were missing.
• Interactive Brokers: fixed situation when upon adding a new symbol the exchange name with the closest but not complete match was used.
• Interactive Brokers: Opening value of the first received realtime minute bar is now matching with the TWS.
• OEC connection settings were updated to reference the new domain gainfutures.com
• Fixed situation when N-Month bars were not built correctly. Learn more here: http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49892&p=121935#p121934
• Custom Futures now supports J-FCE(CAC40) root from WeBank.
• Instrument linking now supports instruments with “@” & “:” signs in the name.
• CQG: it is now possible to trade instruments with no realtime data subscription.
• Interactive Brokers: accounts list for Free Trial accounts is now received.
• Interactive Brokers: improved algorithms of requesting the orders and positions information after reconnect.
• Interactive Brokers: connection improved to avoid getting “Didn’t receive final status for order” error.
• Rithmic API updated to version 9.4.
• Rithmic: added MES Capital deployment.
• Rithmic: rectified issue with “The order cannot be placed: no instrument-specific reference data for symbol has been received”.
• OANDA: TIF DAY now takes into account the instrument sessions from the Quote Manager.
• OANDA: rectified error with Gold and other metals trading.
• MultiCharts is now compatible with TT FIX 7.17 with Multibroker Environment.
• Manual Trading: rectified situation when previous AvgEntryPrice was used for exit strategies.
• Improved Paper Trader order execution algorithms.
• Added new command “StrategyCurrencyCode” – returns the Base Currency setting configured in the Signal Properties window. Learn more here: http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49890
• PLEditor: added Cut & Paste commands to the context menu.
• “Compare Source code” feature now works for .ELD files.
• Changed behavior of pmms_strategies_in_long_count/pmms_strategies_in_short_count. Now the count returns 0 and fills the array with -1 value when there are no strategies in long/short.
• Corrected erroneous Limit, Stop, Stop Limit order execution in backtesting with IOG enabled.
• Fixed bug in which SetPercentTrailing did not work correctly in AA auto trading mode.
• Corrected error when auto trading in AA mode ignored the position from “Assign Initial Market position at the broker” dialogue window upon auto trading start.
• Rectified situation with incorrect average entry price from chart for auto trading.
• Fixed bug with Output being still done when data Playback is on pause (N data series, IOG enabled).
• The number of inputs combinations for optimization is now calculated correctly when step size is <1. • Fixed bug when "Floating-point invalid operation" appeared in the Portfolio Trader. • Rectified situation when "Time in Market" was not calculated correctly in the Report window.
• Introducing the all-new “Feedback” app. Now you easily submit all types of technical inquiries with just a couple of clicks.
• IWBank: TsServer.exe & QuoteManager.exe were not finished correctly when “Collect RT Data w/o plotting” was enabled for 22 or more instruments.
• Forex Board no longer resubscribes to realtime data for existing instruments when you add/remove instruments.
• Fixed bug in which editing settings for multiple symbols will change these instruments’ Exchange settings.
• Fixed Exception that appeared when using a certain Metastock instrument.
• ASCII Mapping file reference details are now visualized under the newly added “ASCII Mapping” tab in the Edit Symbol window. This tab is displayed only when an instrument is mapped to a file.
• Added “Uncheck All” to ASCII Mapping window.
• Added new column to Order and Position Tracker window: “Last update”.
• Added toolbar button and keyboard shortcut to show the “Optimize strategy” menu.
• “Insert Empty Row” option and “Insert” key behavior can now be configured in File->Preferences->Scanner. Learn more here: http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-2039
• Rectified issue with Connecting Lines not connecting the proper orders.
• Fixed issue when a string input was not properly shown under the Settings tab of the Strategy Report window.
• Rectified situation when study plot values were truncated in the status line. Learn more here: www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49816